Stupid question... :/

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:45 AM

Ok I know this is stupid, but is there anyway I can get an app or anything like that that will let me know if there is a new post on here? I have an android, if that makes any diffrence...

#2 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:08 AM

The only forum app I know of is Tapatalk, but that doesn't seem to support Codex. But why do you want a notification for every new post? Your phone wouldn't stop buzzing.  :ninja:

#3 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:14 AM

I get bored easily... but mainly there are forums I am subbed to and my email is wonky so I don't always get the notifications... :/

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

perhaps you can tweak your notification options so that when a new post appears it will send an email to you? you can play around with them here.

#5 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:28 AM

not sure if android does it, but on iphone you can save a webpage to your homescreen and make it SORT OF like an 'app' that way instead of always opening the browser on your phone and typing neocodex you can just click on the app icon and it will open the homepage straight away.

i have the 'new content' page saved so every time i open it its all refreshed and ready for me :)

#6 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:32 AM

I have changed my settings, but the problem is my email account itself... I think I will try the homepage thing. Maybe I can get that to work. ^_^

#7 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

http://www.howtogeek...hone-or-tablet/

pretty sure this guide should do the trick

let me know how you find it :)

#8 KittyNikki

KittyNikki
  • 114 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:52 AM

Thank you @cute I love that guide. I added and tested it, and so far so good. ^_^

#9 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:55 AM

Thank you @cute I love that guide. I added and tested it, and so far so good. ^_^

youre welcome :) glad it helped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users