Photo

Caches?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

Are caches able to be searched anymore, what with the whole annoying-as-hell captcha thing going on right now? Userlookup caches haven't been accessible for awhile, but I can't seem to find petlookups via google cache either. 

#2 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

Petlookups don't cache anymore.

#3 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

Don't mean sound dumb.. but what are Caches for Neopets? I'm aware of the website use for them..Like general websites?

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

Don't mean sound dumb.. but what are Caches for Neopets? I'm aware of the website use for them..Like general websites?

Cache when is google safe the "offline" version of the site of some months or weeks ago. So, let's say you show up on the Pound Chat with a new UC you're saying your friend gifted to you, any person could search for the "cache version" of their petpage/petlookup and see from where he really came from, because the cache would still be from the old owner.

#5 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Uses for caches basically had to do with seeing who owned pets in the past. So if an uppity Pound Chatter saw someone suspicious had a UC, they might check caches of the pet/user to sleuth the history of the pet, hoping to catch someone red-handed with a purchased UC.

Edit: @Copycat beat me to it... what a copycat :rolleyes:

Edited by Generic, 19 May 2016 - 06:42 PM.

#6 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

Cache when is google safe the "offline" version of the site of some months or weeks ago. So, let's say you show up on the Pound Chat with a new UC you're saying your friend gifted to you, any person could search for the "cache version" of their petpage/petlookup and see from where he really came from, because the cache would still be from the old owner.

I see thanks, Makes bit more sense. Seems though JS has removed them, Bet the Pcers whine alot more..

#7 Xerneas

Xerneas
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

Are caches able to be searched anymore, what with the whole annoying-as-hell captcha thing going on right now? Userlookup caches haven't been accessible for awhile, but I can't seem to find petlookups via google cache either. 

No, not since they made it to where you had to log in in order to look at lookups. Thing of the past now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users