Photo

To lab pet or not to lab pet...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

Trying to decide if I should do away with my lab rat so I can k-quest my main pet's stats up. Thoughts?

#2 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

I've been debating the same thing, but the lab is so much fun :(

#3 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

i don't have this dilemma because my main pet is my lab rat and training pet. he looks like shit tho because of all the random zaps lol.

maybe send the pet to a side account and use the lab ray there?

#4 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:48 AM

You should have a separate account tbh. If i recall correctly kitchen quest gives stats to a random pet and not the active one. That's why some people only have 1 with them :p

#5 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

I also worry about boochi hitting my training pet, its a plushie pet and converted as it's a new account so it isn't safe from boochi :( I use my lab pet as a shield.

#6 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

Boochi doesn't even existe anymore. O.o

#7 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

Boochi doesn't even existe anymore. O.o

.... Seriously?! And no one thought to tell me this? D; Is there a list somewhere of everything that has changed in the last decade?

Edited by tammyisbored, 20 May 2016 - 09:58 AM.

#8 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

Boochi random event does exist but he will always fail to turn it into a baby :p

#9 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

.... Seriously?! And no one thought to tell me this? D; Is there a list somewhere of everything that has chanced in the last decade?

Every event that changes your pet colour was disabled for UCs, then it was disabled for every pet too. I'm not sure about the other changes, I guess Jellyneo has a list of the possible events nowadays.

#10 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Well this changes everything... :(

#11 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

All my lab does is take away status, I use FQCs and the birthday cupcakes.

#12 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

I'm not really a fan of the lab ray anymore. It's reached the point that if want a color change I could just buy the paintbrush, and the only species I like can't be gotten from the lab ray.

If you just want stats, I wouldn't use the lab ray. It's too slow and messy.

#13 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

As some people said, just move him to a secondary account if you don't want to lose. I used to like the lab when the pbs were expensive and NPs were harder to get, but now I think it's useless (besides the avatar).

#14 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

I wouldn't lab my main pet. I used to always want the lab when I was legit so when I finally got it and tried it out I was seriously disappointed because I was using it on the pet I really liked. I'd use it for a side pet just to do it, but not a pet I liked and planned to hold onto or sell.

#15 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

lab and faerie quests are the way to go. Training school takes too much time.

#16 yeahneocodex

yeahneocodex
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

If you like the randomness, I would say go for it. But it isn't very efficient.

#17 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

I moved my pet to an alt to lab it. Unfortunately, I also made a new pet for an avatar, forgetting that you couldn't abandon the pet for 7 days after creation... so I guess I'm stuck not doing k-quests for another 7 days.

#18 IamDaniel

IamDaniel
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

My main pet is on training school and I only lab ray my other pets to try the possibilities 

#19 saudia

saudia
  • A whole new wooooorld

• 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

Go for it :p

#20 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Lmao... I decided to lab the terribly named pet I made for an avatar, and it changed to Pastel...

#21 DDPink

DDPink
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

Every event that changes your pet colour was disabled for UCs, then it was disabled for every pet too. I'm not sure about the other changes, I guess Jellyneo has a list of the possible events nowadays.

When was this?

#22 hotcoldyay

hotcoldyay
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

Whooooa no more Boochi??? :'( Totally not Gucci

#23 crazybus

crazybus
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

I've always hated the lab. I hate constantly having a decent pet turned back into a green eyrie. Also, the untrainable stats make them useless for competitive battling. I'd rather spend the time/money on codestones.

#24 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

When was this?

This is from the NT (Issue: 640 | 11th day of Eating, Y16):

Please help, TNT. I want to know if Boochi can now babify any of your 'pets, rather than just your active. I received a Random Event from Boochi this week and he fired at my lab rat rather than my active. He missed; I would have been upset if it had been any of my other 'pets. You see, I don't like Boochi since I almost quit playing Neopets because of him. I'd had my account for only three days when he babified my beautiful red Eyrie, zoezana. I didn't know what had just happened and I tried to get her back but couldn't. I grew to love zoezana and Neopets, but have never forgiven Boochi. *blushes and throws red roses and chocolates at all of the TNT staff* ~zanazoe
Boochi has changed a bit from his original form. We don't want to give anything away since part of the fun of Neopets is discovering new things, but please rest assured that you don't have to fear for any of your Neopets, even non-actives.

#25 hotcoldyay

hotcoldyay
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

I've always hated the lab. I hate constantly having a decent pet turned back into a green eyrie. Also, the untrainable stats make them useless for competitive battling. I'd rather spend the time/money on codestones.

This. I lab all my pets except for main, which I did once. I did not spend hours of training for stats to be rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users