bon appetit kelp avvie avatar

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

After chatting in the topic about the Lever of Doom avvie that the Kelp avvies seems impossible to obtain, I got it today on my fifth try so I decided I should share the info in case it helps anyone else.

I used this guide: http://www.neopets.com/~Kelplek

I chose my lightest neopet, he's in the NeoLodge so I went and fed him at Movie Central to become 'very bloated'. Then I went to Kelp Restaurant, tried three times, no luck, a lot on NP wasted - it was at about 9AM Neopian time. So I decided to try the theory stated in the guide about getting the avvie between 12:30 - 13 PM.

I went again at 12:40, first try - no luck, second try (at 12:43) - boom, leftovers and avvie, even no need to refresh.

So maybe, just maybe the theory works and I wanted to let you know in case somebody would like to give it a try. Best of luck!

#2 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Wow I will give this a try, I've been avoiding this avatar like the plague because last time I spent millions trying to get it

#3 Jelly

Jelly
  • 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

Huh... I'll give it another go! Glad you got it.

#4 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I might try it in the future.

#5 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

I honestly didn't realize there was a guide to it. I guess I just got lucky or happened to do what the  guide would have suggested. I'd be curious to know if the guide is helpful. You never know when you have to make a new main(hopefully never, but just in case.)

#6 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

I was prepared to spend millions - so many people said they spent a lot and still don't have it. So it was really a huge surprise to get it that fast. I don't have any luck with those random avvies, been trying for Edna Quest for example for so long...

When I read the guide carefully, it has a survey and it shows that more people got the avvie outside of this 12:30 - 13 PM period but as a percentage I think the concentration of people successfully getting the avvie then is bigger compared to other time intervals. I really hope you get it too, fingers crossed!

It also says to change the pet if you fail many times and change the browser (I forgot to mention, I got it with Firefox). In fact I had prepared another pet, it was bloated, then - because of the Blue Discarded Grundo Plushie Something - it got very bloated and I went to Movie Central to feed it again so if that's wasn't very bloated, I didn't know what is :) But it turned out to be three times heavier that my other pet and I decided to trust the guide.

Good luck again, share your experience if you decide to give it a try and I really, really hope you get it quickly, it's expensive enough as it is :(

#7 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

I just read this again and... This avatar was really a clickable in the past? I searched a bit but found nothing about it O_o

#8 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:53 PM

I just read this again and... This avatar was really a clickable in the past? I searched a bit but found nothing about it O_o

I don't remember if it was clickable but it was harder to obtain since it was almost impossible to get a seat on the restaurant.

#9 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

I don't remember if it was clickable but it was harder to obtain since it was almost impossible to get a seat on the restaurant.

But why? There were so many people who wanted to feed their pets with ridiculously expensive items/get the avvie, or it was programmed to be crammed and not letting people enter? O_o

#10 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

But why? There were so many people who wanted to feed their pets with ridiculously expensive items/get the avvie, or it was programmed to be crammed and not letting people enter? O_o

I'm not sure :p I believe it was programmed

#11 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:52 PM

It was programmed, ofc :p Just like a real restaurant it doesn't have unlimited tables :p

#12 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

It was a clickable when it first got released. Like the first few hours if I remember correctly. :p

#13 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

Programmed, I've been trying to get the avatar since about 2008 or 2009.

It used to always be fucking packed back then, so maybe it's different now.

#14 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:52 AM

Programmed, I've been trying to get the avatar since about 2008 or 2009.

It used to always be fucking packed back then, so maybe it's different now.

I remember that, it was a pain. But I didn't get this avatar yet. And we're on 2016. Fuck my life.

#15 phoenix13

phoenix13
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

I have spent millions for this avatar and I have had no luck. Maybe I will try what you suggested. 

#16 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

I got it a few months ago, I think that it took one or two tries. I went with my pet at "very bloated" and got the cheapest on the menu

#17 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 77 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

I remember getting this avatar on my first try back in the day, when it was first released. Now on my more recent account I've not been so lucky. I'll give this a shot, thanks!

#18 Jelly

Jelly
  • 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

Huh... I'll give it another go! Glad you got it.

Still no dice. I think my pet just has a voracious appetite.

#19 jasonlumar

jasonlumar
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

Used this guide when I got it. I took a break and went back to trying and got in on the first try after breaking.

Chose the salad and thornberry drink, if that helps any.

#20 IamDaniel

IamDaniel
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Got it with the guide, thanks!

Not with my lightest pet though.... I changed my active pet and got it

#21 crystalize

crystalize
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Just did it 3 times - still no luck....

#22 lalalizzy

lalalizzy
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

Just did it 3 times - still no luck....

did you use the same pet all 3 times?

I kept using my lightest pet and it would not work so finally I gave up and used the next lightest and I got it on the second try with her. 

#23 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

Only took me two tries with my very bloated pet :')

#24 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

i didnt realize there was a guide, i will be trying this tomorrow ^_^ thanks!

#25 magalibbk

magalibbk
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the guide! I've spend a lot of NP trying to get this avatar, so I hope this works :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bon appetit, kelp, avvie, avatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users