Just want to say thanks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

POPULAR POST!

It's amazing to see the site is still alive and active after 12 years since I joined! I want to stop by to say thanks for shaping the foundation of my careers. I don't even know how to begin but here goes the timeline

2002 ~ 2003 - Addicted to neopets. Looked over a kid shoulder at public library while he typed in his passwords and stole all his items. I know...shame on me :/

2004 - Joined neocodex and hoping to get rich fast with these awesome programs

2005 ~ 2007 - Became extremely active so I can access all these kickass programs. I became an apprentice/jr. programmer to one of the developers in this forum. I think these 3 years really shaped up the foundation of who I am today. I never knew I like programming that much :p

2008 ~ 2013 - Inspired by all of the kickass developers in this forum and my love for anime, I decided to create my own community Instantz.net aka instantz noob production. If you watched one piece, you have probably heard of instantz :) My site exploded and had over 1 million impressions per day toward its second year. I think that was the reason why I became inactive here. Unfortunately, I had to shut it down due to legal issues.

2013 ~ present - I am currently an engineer for this company you may have heard of...UBER

So yea, without neocodex and all the guidance, I wouldn't have such a blast the past 14 years of my life. To this day, whenever an interviewer asked why I want to become a developer I always tell them the story of how I enjoyed creating softwares in my teen to cheat neopets :p

p.s. it seems like virtual pet sites have went down hill badly since I last played :/

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:28 AM

Nice story! It's always fun to see old members coming back and report about their lives and stuff :D

How did you find Codex, by the way? @Insanedragonz

#3 yeahneocodex

yeahneocodex
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:09 AM

Nice story :p The start is the best XD

#4 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:14 AM

Nice story, the start is very recognisable haha.

#5 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:27 AM

aww that is a really sweet story (minus all the broken neopets user hearts). it's amazing how one small decision can shape our entire future :)

#6 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:58 AM

This is a particularly amazing story, and I found all parts of it really cool. I particularly like how you talk about Codex experience while in interviews related to your actual current job. Thank you for sharing and hope you'll stick around a bit now as well!!

#7 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

Thats such a sweet story about you and neopets. Its nice to see older people coming back too.

#8 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

Ahh love this story because it's also Neopets that sparked my interest in design/graphics and led me onto the career path as well. And I also kinda stole my friend's nps back when we were 9 and she trusted me her pw.... (We're bad people....)

#9 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

Ha, around the same time I did the same thing at the library. (though ended up not finding out about codex until 2009, being afraid of it until 2010 and joining out of curiosity.)

Glad to see your life is doing well! Because holy crap that's an awesome position

#10 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

Nice story! It's always fun to see old members coming back and report about their lives and stuff :D

How did you find Codex, by the way? @Insanedragonz

I think I googled "how to cheat on neopets" or something similar :p

#11 phoenix13

phoenix13
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

Oh wow congrats! Uber is a great company to work for especially when you're an engineer. I wish you luck with them :)

#12 hotcoldyay

hotcoldyay
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

Wow, congratulations! You're definitely an inspiration and a goal haha :D That's so great to hear!!!

#13 Kula

Kula
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

Nice story and congrats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users