Photo

Althador Cup Score sender program?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Romany

Romany
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:46 PM

Hey there! I am a long time lurker of NeoCodex, and last year I purchased advanced membership and there was a program which sent Althador scores. I am wondering if anyone else knows this one as I am planning to get advanced just in time for this cup. 

If there isnt how do you send through the usual score sender program?

Thanks!

#2 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

GameID: 1288 Score: 0-1,0-1,1,0,0-1,0-2,9-10,0,0,1-2 Time: 125-135

That's how you score send yooyuball. There's a guide somewhere on the site that explains what those numbers mean but that's the gist of it.

#3 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:50 AM

Here is said guide by the way, just for the full read: http://www.neocodex....d-on-yooyuball/

And yup, the Score Sender used is our regular one in the Program Manager~

#4 Romany

Romany
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:52 AM

Thank you both for the contributions! Sorry with the noobish questions, but I really want to get invovled for this years cup

#5 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:33 AM

not noobish questions at all if you dont ask you dont get :D

#6 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Thank you both for the contributions! Sorry with the noobish questions, but I really want to get invovled for this years cup

Thanks for asking as I was about to ask the same question ;)

#7 JustinHoodMusic

JustinHoodMusic
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

I know in the past, there was quite a concern for Score Sending because it leads to freezes, is it still as much of a risk now that Jumpstart has taken over?

#8 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

I know in the past, there was quite a concern for Score Sending because it leads to freezes, is it still as much of a risk now that Jumpstart has taken over?

Score sending is fine if you use right times and such. I only got frozen once, and that's because I got a lot of trophies on a newbie account and posted on the boards.

#9 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

Pretty much what Hikimaru said. Use safe times and scores, don't scoresend too much in one day, etc etc. Usual smart safety precautions and you'll be fine.

Additionally, regarding the JS thing: Yes, it is also safer now after JS took over. With JS's leniency (or perhaps just lack of staffing), you can even scoresend for hours everyday and you won't get frozen. Right now the thing that mainly gets people frozen is reports from legit users instead.

Don't take that as a recommendation to scoresend for hours though lol. No one plays Neopets games non-stop for many many hours without breaks, and also scoresending is not particularly worthwhile anyways. You're better off ABing really, even without Advanced.

#10 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

I forgot to reply about JumpStart: before JS, I was afraid of getting avatars through score senders (so I always used AoB). Now, I often run a list to get ~3 avatar games on some accounts I'm building and that's working fine. Always be careful, though.

#11 shun128

shun128
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, whether JS, Viacom, or anybody owns Neopets, I'm still skeptical about using this.

#12 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, whether JS, Viacom, or anybody owns Neopets, I'm still skeptical about using this.

You can always test it on shells before you're comfortable with it. Use well-made lists (with right scores and times) and you won't get in trouble.

#13 Daenarys

Daenarys
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

That's how you score send yooyuball. There's a guide somewhere on the site that explains what those numbers mean but that's the gist of it.

Thank you for this, i am gonna test it out on one of my shells first though, i'm afraid of being iced on my main only because i'm so attached to it. But thank you nontheless

#14 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

I set up a shell and submitted my first score, I suppose I was a little dismayed how easy it was! Like I thought TNT would swoop down and immediately freeze me.  :lol2:  So much more to learn.

I may submit an avatar score every few months, just check that the score is possible for that game and others have said to stay off the high scores. For AC I timed myself, then checked again the daily quota/list http://www.neocodex....y-quota-thread/ my times were higher so Im submitting a wider range of scores and times, not on my main thought.

#15 knarthas1313

knarthas1313
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for this! Much appreciated 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users