Quantcast

Photo

/200M Neopoints, Two Weeks, 30 Accounts, The Story.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

Alright, seems everyone is quite interested in the story and all the small details, here it is.

The setup

Alright, so to start off with, I started the endeavor off with 5 accounts, all were shells. I chose the oldest and best named one to be my main. I started each one off by score sending to get to 50K. From there, I dabbled in a few shops and by the end of the first day chose magic.

I run on a 250MBit Business Comcast line, with very low latency speeds and am located in Puyallup, Washington ( Between Seattle and Tacoma). I used two computer and two different locations to do the auto buying, I run a car dealership, and work quite a few hours, so basically, my schedule was this.

8:00AM Check to see what was bought last night on HOME computer

9:00AM Check which accounts are not RS banned. Usually find 5-12 Unbanned. Start ABing (All unbanned accounts, on WORK computer)

2:00PM Check to see if any accounts abing are RS banned (Easy, with so many accounts running, some accounts will show 0 items in a shop while the other shows items)

6:00PM About the time when all accounts get RS banned. Throughout the day id replace one or two rs banned accounts and usuallly end by this time with one or two left that I just turn off.

8:30PM Leave work, go home. Check which accounts are not RS banned. Usually find 5-12 Unbanned. Start ABing (All unbanned accounts, on HOME computer)

12:00AM Go to bed. Leave running any shells that arent banned at this time.

A few things to note here; I started off using stupid fast settings, down to refresh times of .8-1.5. Realized this worked, but got RS banned in under an hour usually. Too time consuming to check to see if it's RS banned, switch accounts, so I realized a much easier and more effective way, was to run 5-12 accounts at these settings:

p0APQEm.png

I spent 80% of my time in Magic, and the other 20% in stamps. I found that running them both at the same time didn't really feel advantageous for me, and decided to stay in one shop at a time. Over the entire course I never used a proxy once. When checking too see if I was RS banned, I opened Google Chrome, with one window on Incognito, and the other one regular and had two accounts logged in to check RS bans. I would have my main account (Which I AB'd on rarely, So I know when I was RS banned) and run through all of my accounts. I made sure each account had at least 200K on it, and if it dipped below 100K, I would send 400K from my main to the shell needing money.

I would transfer funds in two ways,

1) Put 4 items in the shop, depending on if I had AB'ed with it, they could be MPs id snipe, or junk items.

2) Trade. I usually only did this when I had 6-10 items to transfer AND had to put money in the shell at the same time.

If a shell didn't need money, but I need to transfer items, I would gift whatever items were needed to be transferred to my main. So, at times, after transferring, i'd log into my main with 50 MPS waiting via gift, not the smartest thing to do.

How I sold Things

I originally started off posting what I had on the neoboards, or replying to resellers. After a while, I had 3 resellers I sold to that neomailed me daily asking what I had for sale. On the second week, I selected one reseller and sold everything to him at 60% of lowest TP. If there were none on the TP, we would take whichever was the most updated between neocodex and JN. He always trusted me on pricing, and never second guessed me. I never tried to take advantage of him, in fact, at one point I asked him how he'd been doing and he said he lost quite a bit on an inflated potion, so I gave him a free potion worth a 1MIL. During the two weeks, we chatted quite a bit. He went from 8M to 29M Reselling MPs only, buying for 60% selling for 70% firm to other resellers. It was a good deal for him, and easy for me.

Sidenote: He did not get frozen when I did, I checked and am glad. Good guy.

One thing that may have triggered my freezings (among many!) was that on my second week I put all my MPs in my gallery. At one point there were over 100 (All UB some worth 4M+). Thinking back, not the smartest idea.

I would still sell my stamps on the TP and post on the neoboards. Selling was the fastest part of doing this. The most time consuming was checking for RS bans, because I didn't use the integrated RS ban checker (Which in my opinion is garbage).

So what did I do with all this money? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like I was saying before, it was either in items, or pure, or distributed between my 30 accounts. On my main account I had 66M in pure when frozen, an average of 400K on each of the 30 mains (12M) And stupid amounts of items (realistically probably over 150M in items. Still was waiting to get rid of a battle slices stamp)

What I would do differently

I think the biggest thing that I would change to (potentially) not get iced would be to

1. ​Work better on transferring items. I think in the long run I should have never gifted items between accounts, terrible idea. I should have evenly distributed money between accounts, and only transferred large items via trade. I think that gifting 400ish items between 30 shells on to one main was the biggest issue.
  2. I think putting items in my gallery was a bad idea. 100 potions in gallery on a main (granted I call it my main, but it didn't look well established for being 7 years.
  3. I don't think AB'ing on all accounts on the same IP was the issue. I think the issue was being on the same IP and transferring the items the way I did.
  4. My speeds didn't trigger it, i'm almost sure of it. If they had, the few super fast buys would have triggered it automatically.
  5. I would have split the accounts into two segments, work and home. 15 accounts on work, and 15 on home, that way at the very least i'd still have half my accounts.

If you didn't read/follow the last two threads, of how it ended..

I was Iced. Chain IP frozen on all 30 accounts. Granted, I had figured this would happen eventually, especially the way I was doing it.

Fun Facts!

• During all my AB'ing from Random Events I received 3 paint brushes, 18 Lab Map Pieces (Total worth ~3M), Roughly 1M in items, ~60 codestones, 2 fountain faerie quests, and im sure some other stuff I didn't realize.
  • I played trudy's surprise on every account. I averaged 20K per day on each account (20X30X14=840K)
  • I sold one potion valued by EVERYONE for 800K on an auction for 5M to some guy that must have really wanted it.
  • JellyNeo VS Neocodex pricing, I found both were accurate around 70% of the time. For the most part, I found items (MPs) to be more expensive when they weren't correct.
  • The reseller base on Neopets now is ridiculous. It seems like everyone is a reseller.

Some screenshots.

XUh64xZ.png

My home computer saved buys (unbuyables). I think I have 173 bought at home. Im not at work so I'll add that screenshot later.

5Nh3ra6.png

My buys that I had neotracker on. Note: first 5 days neotracker was not enabled. It took me a minute to figure out how to turn this on, Lol.

Dvd9YmK.png

Some stats.

8PTSMUE.png

Speed statistics. I still think neo is getting slower. Late at night, my speed was much faster, middle of the day averaged around 2KMS

Also attached all my logs from my home computer if anyone wants to see them.

Attached Files

Edited by Corry, 26 May 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:47 AM

cool-story-bro-500x499.jpg

jk

I know you are still working on it.

#3 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Aw I was gonna do that but decided to be somewhat nice @talbs hah. Should be good to see how it progressed for sure.

#4 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

Aw I was gonna do that but decided to be somewhat nice @talbs hah. Should be good to see how it progressed for sure.

Haha yeah I came expecting a big read and only saw one sentence and was like WTF so I assumed he was still working on it.

#5 kaitokaiser

kaitokaiser
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

This story changed my whole neopets experience!

#6 ScarDefault

ScarDefault
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:00 AM

Have a happy ending? kkk'

#7 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

I like the start

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

Worst story ever.

#9 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

Have a happy ending? kkk'

Spoiler: No xD

#10 Jelly

Jelly
  • 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, go on...

#11 ScarDefault

ScarDefault
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

I like the start

kkkkk' Just that

Spoiler

#12 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

@GetJinxed has been BANT. Reason: Leaking. D:<

#13 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:33 AM

And the rest of the story? (We all know the ending though xD)

Edited by Rainforce, 26 May 2016 - 07:33 AM.

#14 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

It's been 60 minutes already!

#15 ClemsonMark

ClemsonMark
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

Aww man I was expecting a cool story... tricks... 

#16 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

Cory's got a lot to say give him time :D

#17 ronsoman

ronsoman
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

Amazing

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Neocodex codies winner for thread of the year here?

-edit-

This post was before he updated it with everything and had like 1 sentence only.

#19 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Curious how you were unloading the MPs. Seems like a market for such a high quantity would be hard.

#20 ronsoman

ronsoman
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

Wow pretty amazing that guy made so much only at a 10% profit. 

#21 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

10% profit when you spend 10M twice a day with me is pretty decent.

#22 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:08 AM

Pretty cool to see that you bought so much. It's no wonder I don't ever get anything. I wonder how many people are ABing at any given time. I like when Abrosia used to show which shops were the most populated.

#23 ronsoman

ronsoman
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

Pretty cool to see that you bought so much. It's no wonder I don't ever get anything. I wonder how many people are ABing at any given time. I like when Abrosia used to show which shops were the most populated.

Does it not do that anymore? I haven't used it in a few months but I still remember it showing that before. 

#24 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Neocodex codies winner for thread of the year here?

I definitely think so.

Also, this is pretty much amazing.

#25 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

interesting to me is how slow TNT is now, was a very fun experiment and kudos to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users