What is your workout routine?

exercise workout health

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 laurennnn

laurennnn
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:58 AM

I've recently joined a gym and have been working out quite a bit, but I'm still very much a beginner and am having a hard time sticking to a routine/diet etc. and wanted to see what other people do.

What's your routine/diet/favorite exercises? How often do you exercise? Any advice to a beginner?

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

I always have trouble sticking with my workout routines and diets. For workouts I use the nike+ training club app. They organise workouts by how much you exercise in a week, separating that into beginner, intermediate and advanced. They even have 4 week workout plans that are designed to do what you want, get you toned, get you skinnier, or get you stronger. Once you reach certain minutes worked out, the app will give you little trophies and things. However, even the beginner workouts can be very intense. 

The way the 4 week plans are set up is two days on, one day off. So workout Monday and Tuesday, rest on Wednesday, then back on for Thursday and Friday. 

I don't have the money to join a gym, and my university has one on campus, so if I ever decide to go I can use the one on campus. However that's always full of our sports teams and I feel sad when I'm just walking on the treadmill and they're all running at really high speeds. 

For diet, I like to use the myfitnesspal app. It shows how much of each nutrient I've eaten, and since my workouts are in Apple's Health kit, it can pull them from that and add extra calories to my daily limit based on how many I've burned that day. So if I burn 150 calories, I get an extra 150 calories on my daily limit. 

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

My workout routine usually consists of PMing you about an account I traded you a few years ago, and getting mad that you never respond back to me.

When I hit the gym I usually just do some situps, pushups, and pullups in combination with stretches to get all my muscle groups warmed up. Routines other than warm up exercises can be very very boring. I don't have any advice for you other than to set a schedule, and if Monday is arms's then do a bunch of arm exercises.

#4 diebuster

diebuster
  • 48 posts

GOMAD + SS.

Always.

#5 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

My workout routine is to wake up every monday and make a promise to myself I'll start working out the next monday. It's been working so far!

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

GOMAD + SS.

Always.

I did GOMAD for a month one time and I gained absolutely NO weight!! I thought whole milk was supposed to make me fat :[.

My workout routine is to wake up every monday and make a promise to myself I'll start working out the next monday. It's been working so far!

Also, this^^

#7 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

i started working out recently. i just do simple workouts at home like crunches, pushups, etc. i also have 2 dumbells which i lift every once in a while. i used to love jogging but i read that as an ectomorph it will not help me building muscle, so i no longer do that. :thumbdown:

i don't think calisthenics is going to get me my dream body tho so i guess sooner or later i'll have to sign up for a gym membership.

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

i started working out recently. i just do simple workouts at home like crunches, pushups, etc. i also have 2 dumbells which i lift every once in a while. i used to love jogging but i read that as an ectomorph it will not help me building muscle, so i no longer do that. :thumbdown:

i don't think calisthenics is going to get me my dream body tho so i guess sooner or later i'll have to sign up for a gym membership.

Your dream body is very possible with body weight exercises. Ever see really buff people in prison?

http://www.artofmanl...isoner-workout/

#9 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

Your dream body is very possible with body weight exercises. Ever see really buff people in prison?

http://www.artofmanl...isoner-workout/

interesting! well i guess while i wait until i can afford to buy an actual gym membership i can progress to do one-hand pushups and whatnot. :p pullups tho... urgh, i can't find anywhere to do them. my house has nothing that i can grab onto. :/

#10 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

My workout goal used to be to get fit, I was feeling pretty unhealthy a couple of years ago and I needed to make a change. But now I'm really happy with my fitness level and my workout goals are mostly just aesthetic. I go to the gym 3 times a week (with rest days in between) for about 2 hours each time and I usually do the same workout each day:
10 minute jog to warm up
5x5 barbell squats 55kg (bw)
5x5 deadlifts 60kg
3x15 lat pulldowns
3x15 chest press
3x 1 minute planks
15 minutes HIIT 30s/60s on treadmill
20 minutes moderate resistance on elliptical
30 minutes stretching/flexibility training/yoga

I'm super lazy about diet though, I pretty much eat whatever I want when I'm out but when I go grocery shopping for home I don't buy any carbs or sugars, so that forces me to eat healthier when I'm home.

#11 Billie

Billie
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

this is what i do everyday. if u ask me a pretty good routine. i include some beer lifting and pretzel eating. works like a charm lol

#12 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

I run every day 1 hour (Monday to Monday)

Monday, wednesday and friday I do some abs workout

Tuesday, thursday and saturday chest and back.

#13 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

I run. I run some more. I do a bit more running. I swim every so often when I remember I need to do some form of cross-training. I go to yoga a couple of times a week.

#14 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

Since basically everything is off the table now due to my brain condition and genetic condition, I walk and do yoga very carefully. It's super awkward accidentally dislocating your hip while you're alone and have no way to dial 911 because you're phone is in the other room.

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

I run a lot. Every day for 1.5-2 hrs. Some days twice a day.
I also swim and ride a bike every couple of days.
Crossfit - ocassionally if my schedules matches with my brother's, which tends to be once or twice every other week. I wish it was more :/
And thinking about going back to Krav Maga. The guys at my work have a really nice KM group and I'll probably join when I get a change at my shift.

I don't diet. I can't. I love food too much - especially "bad" food. But in my mind I honestly believe I can compensate all the excess food I eat with the exercise I do :p

#16 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

15yf94w.jpg

#17 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

15yf94w.jpg

HEY THATS ME, don't be jellin!

#18 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Workout at the gym almost everyday just lifting weights. I'm incorporating more cardio now just for shits n giggles, mainly doing the stair climber.

I usually do one muscle group at a time each day, though when I change up my routines I'll go over to doing 2-3 different muscle groups. It's a nice change of pace.

Far as gym advice goes, never forget your headphones... ever. Good luck!

#19 RedHyena

RedHyena
  • 77 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

I've been trying to do the same. It can be tough to stick to a routine for sure. I recently bought a fitbit and that helps me a lot.

I usually try to work out at least 3 times a week, more if I possibly can. If I'm alone, I'll do a minimum of 30 mins cardio, more if I can. I have a couple friends I sometimes go with, and with one of them we always do weights. I try to go with her at least once a week to get those weights in because I hate doing it by myself.

As for diet... that's a lot harder for me, right now I'm just trying to focus on not buying candy and only eating out once a week.

I'd like to lose a little bit of weight, but right now I'm trying not to obsess over it, because it can be discouraging how slowly it happens. I did weigh myself yesterday and found that i've lost five pounds though, so that's nice :) Gonna just keep going at it. 

#20 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

But in all seriousness I do lot walking, even when I dont want too. (Having asthma and few other health issues prevents me) from doing certain things. So I think outside the box .

#21 SamanthaBee

SamanthaBee
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

I wish I worked out more but I enjoy walking as well. I play some songs on my phone and walk around. It's nice and relaxing

#22 laurennnn

laurennnn
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

I always have trouble sticking with my workout routines and diets. For workouts I use the nike+ training club app. They organise workouts by how much you exercise in a week, separating that into beginner, intermediate and advanced. They even have 4 week workout plans that are designed to do what you want, get you toned, get you skinnier, or get you stronger. Once you reach certain minutes worked out, the app will give you little trophies and things. However, even the beginner workouts can be very intense. 

The way the 4 week plans are set up is two days on, one day off. So workout Monday and Tuesday, rest on Wednesday, then back on for Thursday and Friday. 

I don't have the money to join a gym, and my university has one on campus, so if I ever decide to go I can use the one on campus. However that's always full of our sports teams and I feel sad when I'm just walking on the treadmill and they're all running at really high speeds. 

For diet, I like to use the myfitnesspal app. It shows how much of each nutrient I've eaten, and since my workouts are in Apple's Health kit, it can pull them from that and add extra calories to my daily limit based on how many I've burned that day. So if I burn 150 calories, I get an extra 150 calories on my daily limit. 

I'll definitely have to check out that app. Are there accessories that you are supposed to use with it? I use my apple watch just for the basic things but have been considering trying a better fitness tracking accessory. I use myfitnesspal too! I love it, and hate it haha. Really makes you more aware of how fast your calories actually go.

Workout at the gym almost everyday just lifting weights. I'm incorporating more cardio now just for shits n giggles, mainly doing the stair climber.

I usually do one muscle group at a time each day, though when I change up my routines I'll go over to doing 2-3 different muscle groups. It's a nice change of pace.

Far as gym advice goes, never forget your headphones... ever. Good luck!

Yeah I think focusing on muscle groups is what I should do, right now I just try to do pretty much everything every time and it's not super effective.

The gym I go to played country music once, and I got another pair of headphones to make sure I'd NEVER be without them.

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

I'll definitely have to check out that app. Are there accessories that you are supposed to use with it? I use my apple watch just for the basic things but have been considering trying a better fitness tracking accessory. I use myfitnesspal too! I love it, and hate it haha. Really makes you more aware of how fast your calories actually go.

Yeah I think focusing on muscle groups is what I should do, right now I just try to do pretty much everything every time and it's not super effective.

The gym I go to played country music once, and I got another pair of headphones to make sure I'd NEVER be without them.

The only accessories that are sometimes needed: Dumbbells, medicine balls..basically just normal fitness equipment, but I've done the exercises without those things before and it's fine.

#24 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

My workout routine is really really simple...a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I get more of a workout from playing with those 2 girls than I ever did going to a gym hah

#25 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

I used to be obsessed with the gym
I used to have thunder thighs and ass and used to weigh 70kg (175cm tall) (150lb and 5'8"-5'9" for y'all Americans)
I've severely cut down on how much I go to the gym since last year and majorly increased my stress levels.. and now weigh 60kg (132lb) and have no butt :( (who would've thought that not going to the gym will make me lose weight)
I used to go almost every day and do weight training (cardio only to warm up)
Now I go once a month if I'm lucky..
I put on muscle size very quickly though so 1 month straight at the gym and I'll get my booty back in no time :D

Edited by Daria, 27 May 2016 - 06:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, workout, health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users