Virginity

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

WTF even is this shit? Not having sex should not be a valuable thing deserving of its own word.

Yeah, sex can be dangerous, what with STDs, emotions and potential pregnancies, but lots of things are dangerous!

ROCK CLIMBING IS LIKE SEX! Some people like it, some people don't, and you should use proper protection, but NOT doing it isn't something special.

By valuing virginity, you put people between a rock and a hard place, especially when you throw gender roles in the mix. Wow, thanks for the pressure to perform and the simultaneous slut shaming. It's not fair to guys either, though arguably less destructive.

It should be nobody else's business whether you've had sex (unless you're a kid, in which case it does matter because rape is bad).

For most women (especially if they use tampons or ride a bicycle), there won't even be any physiological difference before and after sex.

But I don't fully back that feminist line about the hymen myth, either. Different people's bodies are different, and for some, the hymen will come into play no matter how good the sex would have otherwise been. For instance, women who have a fibrous hymen. That shit's so tough you're going to have to have a doctor cut it with a laser if you want to have penetrative vaginal sex.

And even if the hymen (or whatever vaginal tissue that is "not a hymen because that doesn't exist") does tear, it doesn't have to feel bad. That can feel pretty great, actually.

Sex is fine, and so is not having sex, but societal pressure one way or the other (and especially both ways at once) is destructive and sucks.

Also, sex ed should be freely available to everyone and cover this kind of nonsense.

#2 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

ummmm who pissed you off

#3 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Found the virgin.

-edit- This was a joke, calm down before anyone gets triggered. Thanks.

#4 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

I know someone with a new sexual partner everyday or everyweek and brags about it.... I believe this "You should least have a commitment " It doesnt have to be a ring or w.e just a commitment. I dont like this term but I see it all too often "Pass em around like door knobs"

#5 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

Found the virgin.

-edit- This was a joke, calm down before anyone gets triggered. Thanks.

I genuinely lol'd at this, and I'm the virgin. *cuddless up with @Kitty chan*~ <3

Also I agree with OP's points, not that I hang out with the sort of person who makes an unduly big thing about this sort of shit though.

#6 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

What did I just read.....

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Or you can define virginity using it's colloquial definition. A virgin is someone that hasn't had sexual contact with anyone.

I don't think anyone on this site says "OMG YOUR HYMEN IS GONE YOU'RE NOT A VIRGIN. ONLY 2 GOATS FOR YOU"

#8 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

Or you can define virginity using it's colloquial definition. A virgin is someone that hasn't had sexual contact with anyone.

I don't think anyone on this site says "OMG YOUR HYMEN IS GONE YOU'RE NOT A VIRGIN. ONLY 2 GOATS FOR YOU"

I have to agree with that, some women it breaks some it doesnt. Plus what about the women who were heaven forbid Rapped?  I dont think they count that as a first time.

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

Virginity is just some shitty social construct that religious people used to please god. Virginity doesn't, and shouldn't mean shit these days.

#10 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

Virginity is a social construct. I think it's really weird how parents obsess over their daughters' virginity making sure that they ~save themselves~ for as long as possible.

#11 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

I can't believe I managed to read that entire thing o-o

Sex is fun yo, it's not that big a deal

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

I genuinely lol'd at this, and I'm the virgin. *cuddless up with @Kitty chan*~ <3

Get a room, you two. Or a love hotel.

#13 pride

pride
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

Virginity is just some shitty social construct that religious people used to please god. Virginity doesn't, and shouldn't mean shit these days.

Well said.

Although TV/movies/society in general has ingrained in the minds of a lot of teenagers (and young adults) that your first time is an intense, life-altering experience that must be shared with someone you love deeply. It is certainly life-altering... and awkward, and clumsy and messy and probably not all that great.

#14 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Get a room, you two. Or a love hotel.

You jelly bro? Oh wait you already have @Turnip :p (though I haven't seen her post much while I've been active?)

Hmm, I didn't think of that for some reason. Maybe I haven't hung out with religious people for some time.

Virginity is a social construct. I think it's really weird how parents obsess over their daughters' virginity making sure that they ~save themselves~ for as long as possible.

Yeahh many people of the older generation / more conservative folks have...interesting ideas about things. (Sex, gender, marriage, etc etc). It's like, when I see those things and those people, one knows to wide a walk berth and not mention anything like that around them.

#15 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

You jelly bro? Oh wait you already have @Turnip :p (though I haven't seen her post much while I've been active?)

iKN3ab5.png

I'm still here!! But yeah, I haven't been posting too much lately :p Been busy n stuff you know how it goooes

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:01 PM

Not really, no. And the smart thing would be to call her Kitty-nyan. I mean she's a cat. It just fits.

#17 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Not really, no. And the smart thing would be to call her Kitty-nyan. I mean she's a cat. It just fits.

Hahaha ya, I didn't actually figure out you were Jelly, just wanted to use the phrase for some reason. ><

Also, Kitty-nyan? Hmmm. What do you say @Kitty dears~ :p

Also, also: Goshh you're a "weeaboo" as your custom title suggests indeed. You taking/took Japanese classes too by the way? I have a colleague who does; he's unavailable for work events every Monday evening for this reason.

Also3: Ooo hiii there @Turnip ! Fast response shows that you are indeed around I guess. :p How have you been by the way? I never got to know you or anything except for seeing your posts while I was lurking I guess.

(I will go back to the topic at hand with the next post about it I promise :p Just want to post abit about this tangent first~)

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

Also, also: Goshh you're a "weeaboo" as your custom title suggests indeed. You taking/took Japanese classes too by the way? I have a colleague who does; he's unavailable for work events every Monday evening for this reason.

Took a couple classes in high school, but that was less me learning the language and more embarrassing myself with vampire blowjobs and accidentally saying I'd peep on the girls at a hot spring.

#19 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hahaha ya, I didn't actually figure out you were Jelly, just wanted to use the phrase for some reason. ><

Also, Kitty-nyan? Hmmm. What do you say @Kitty dears~ :p

Also3: Ooo hiii there @Turnip ! Fast response shows that you are indeed around I guess. :p How have you been by the way? I never got to know you or anything except for seeing your posts while I was lurking I guess.

(I will go back to the topic at hand with the next post about it I promise :p Just want to post abit about this tangent first~)

cat-nodding.gif?w=451&h=344

Not sure but errrm What was called here for June-bug lol!

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Yeah of course I'm here!! Just lurkin ^^ Elin recently said something about us only really using the PM feature here and that's 100% true lmao. I've been playing Those Video Games like Twilight Princess and (you guessed it) Splatoon lol, and I'm drawing some Splatoon fanart right now!!

Like and subscribe for more tubular blog posts  :cool:

On topic: the idea of virginity is fucking stupid. Who cares if you've had sex before or not? It doesn't matter at all. A lot of people get pressured into having sex because their peers think if you're an adult and a virgin then you're a complete failure or something similar, then give the person shit for it. That doesn't even make any damn sense!! You aren't superior because you have sex and you aren't inferior because you don't have sex. It shouldn't really go much further than that but I guess there are just too many people who don't understand that

#21 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Sorry, guys. I was just thinking about girls in Africa being abandoned after being raped by soldiers because of the shame. One bad thought led to another, and I'm sorry about the rant topic.

#22 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Sorry, guys. I was just thinking about girls in Africa being abandoned after being raped by soldiers because of the shame. One bad thought led to another, and I'm sorry about the rant topic.

Don't be sorry. It's a legitimately frustrating topic.

On the subject, my husband came from a super fundamentalist family. And his sister came to me for advice, facts and information about sex and masturbation. Since I'm an atheist and sex positive, I gave her factual information. I told her it was okay to have sex, or masturbate, or not. I explained that it's best to start with masturbation because you can figure out what you like, or don't like, and sex has a lot of physical and emotional implications, such as pregnancy, STIs, guilt, etc etc etc. I told her whatever she decided for herself was the best decision and that I'd help her with information if she ever needed. I told her about birth control, hygiene, etc. Her family found out, because she felt so badly about lying by omission and going around her parents (but anytime she tried to talk to her mom, her mom told her she was too young, she was sixteen when this happened, to know about vaginas and masturbation, etc) and so she told her parents about it. So my mother in law told her entire family, extended, that I was a dirty perverted deviant. And one of hub's uncles said I was never allowed their children again.

#23 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

ROCK CLIMBING IS LIKE SEX! Some people like it, some people don't, and you should use proper protection, but NOT doing it isn't something special.

Relevant:

Personally I'm indifferent about the matter. Whatever you do (or don't do) in the privacy of your own room is your own business. 

#24 pride

pride
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

Don't be sorry. It's a legitimately frustrating topic.

On the subject, my husband came from a super fundamentalist family. And his sister came to me for advice, facts and information about sex and masturbation. Since I'm an atheist and sex positive, I gave her factual information. I told her it was okay to have sex, or masturbate, or not. I explained that it's best to start with masturbation because you can figure out what you like, or don't like, and sex has a lot of physical and emotional implications, such as pregnancy, STIs, guilt, etc etc etc. I told her whatever she decided for herself was the best decision and that I'd help her with information if she ever needed. I told her about birth control, hygiene, etc. Her family found out, because she felt so badly about lying by omission and going around her parents (but anytime she tried to talk to her mom, her mom told her she was too young, she was sixteen when this happened, to know about vaginas and masturbation, etc) and so she told her parents about it. So my mother in law told her entire family, extended, that I was a dirty perverted deviant. And one of hub's uncles said I was never allowed their children again.

Fuck that's an awful situation, sorry about that pal. Sex can be a very hush-hush topic in fundamentalist (and migrant) families. A lot of the time the parents believe they are protecting their children by not discussing it but they are invariably doing more harm than good.

#25 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

Fuck that's an awful situation, sorry about that pal. Sex can be a very hush-hush topic in fundamentalist (and migrant) families. A lot of the time the parents believe they are protecting their children by not discussing it but they are invariably doing more harm than good.

I'm over it. I did the right thing, I think. I gave her honest, open and judgment free information. And my husband actually disowned his entire family (siblings excluded) because of this. And it was the confirmation he needed to completely cut ties with religion, for good. He felt like wow, my family is so shitty and judgmental because their misguided religious beliefs, I don't wanna be part of that nonsense anymore. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back. They had been constantly disrespecting me, my lack of belief, my intelligence, etc since I had started dating him. They would always talk badly about me, or treat me passive aggressively constantly. It was horrible. I put up with his family because I love him. Though his parents were consistently abusive, as were his relatives and their religion was just one facet of their abuse. Now I never have to deal with them again and I get to have the good stuff with his siblings still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users