Quantcast

Photo

I've lowered my Abrosia settings to a minimum and I'm still missing almost every item

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hahahah ok @Adam . (Phew, I didn't use a gift card D: )

@Tammy you'll be safe if you stick to the 12 months free trial period thenn! But but, of course feel free to go ahead and do the gift card thing juust in case of course~ :D

#52 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

What you mean they stopped accepting VCC's and are asking for utility bills?

#53 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

By solely closing the VPS window.

The instance is still running on their servers.

Ah you meant the rdp client. xD Gotcha 

#54 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

@Rogue I shut down the whole instance when I do, really. Like, going to the AWS console and selecting the shutdown on the instance, not the remote desktop. :p

But yeess, it's good to clarify that for new users of VPS yes yess~

#55 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

What you mean they stopped accepting VCC's and are asking for utility bills?

They do accept my VCC BIN but before i can create a instance they need to "review" it and then a couple hours after i get an email asking to provide some utility bill and so on :L So i can't abuse their trials anymore XD

#56 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:12 AM

They do accept my VCC BIN but before i can create a instance they need to "review" it and then a couple hours after i get an email asking to provide some utility bill and so on :L So i can't abuse their trials anymore XD

Do you actually abuse it so much? I mean, you can only get it once a year, I don't think they keep track of your address. I actually sent them a copy of my utility bill and I got approved and I already had another account.

#57 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:14 AM

So best way is really buying a gift card and registering right? Or is there something else you need?

#58 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

"Unfortunately, we are unable to validate important details about your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. Your AWS account has been placed on hold pending additional verification. At this time, we urgently need your support to confirm your address information.

At your earliest convenience, please fax us a copy of a current bill (utility bill, phone bill or similar), showing your name and address."

"Thank you for contacting Amazon Web Services. We appreciate your business and interest in our product.

We have verified the details provided by you and are glad to inform that we have activated your Amazon Web Services account."

#59 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Do you actually abuse it so much? I mean, you can only get it once a year, I don't think they keep track of your address. I actually sent them a copy of my utility bill and I got approved and I already had another account.

I only got 1 a couple months ago when you had to send in a copy of the cc :p So no they don't have any tracks of my address yet. I'll probably send them though :D

Also how do you go with the AGC method? O.o @Adam

Edited by GetJinxed, 29 May 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#60 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

I only got 1 a couple months ago when you had to send in a copy of the cc :p So no they don't have any tracks of my address yet. I'll probably send them though :D

You got one 2 months ago and already need another? xD

#61 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

You got one 2 months ago and already need another? xD

Got it like 6+ months ago or something. I can't really remember which email i used either  :lol2:  Of course free VPS's are always useful :p

#62 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

So best way is really buying a gift card and registering right? Or is there something else you need?

@Hikimaru they will also ask for your details, such as your name, address etc, and even give you a phone call to verify by the way. But all of it is fairly simple reallys -- the hassle @GetJinxed is facing is proollyy because she* wants to register a second account I'm guessing~ :p

*not a she but too pretty to resist using this pronoun ; )

#63 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

@Hikimaru they will also ask for your details, such as your name, address etc, and even give you a phone call to verify by the way. But all of it is fairly simple reallys -- the hassle @GetJinxed is facing is proollyy because she* wants to register a second account I'm guessing~ :p

Ah I see, it seems easy to get started. I will definitely give it a try, thanks!

#64 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

Ah I see, it seems easy to get started. I will definitely give it a try, thanks!

Dont forget to set the Inbound IP to your IP or you'll get an error message if your run the RDP. Once you've set it all up you'll find what I mean in the Instances tab, selecting your current instance, then go to the Description tag, find Security groups, click on that, go to the Inbound tag, press Edit, select RDP as type and in the IP dropdown thing My Current IP. Took me a while to find that out, maybe I'm just stupid.

That is, if you're using Windows. 

#65 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Dont forget to set the Inbound IP to your IP or you'll get an error message if your run the RDP. Once you've set it all up you'll find what I mean in the Instances tab, selecting your current instance, then go to the Description tag, find Security groups, click on that, go to the Inbound tag, press Edit, select RDP as type and in the IP dropdown thing My Current IP. Took me a while to find that out, maybe I'm just stupid.

Thanks for the tip! I probably would spent some time finding it out haha it doesn't seem that simple.

#66 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the tip! I probably would spent some time finding it out haha it doesn't seem that simple.

I didn't have to set it up, though.

#67 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

I didn't have to set it up, though.

I did :p I think that is useful regardless; may be a fairly common problem I suspect...

#68 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

I do not know who told you that, but it is a lie.

#69 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

I do not know who told you that, but it is a lie.

Yo yo yo! Old woman get back to your basement 

#70 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

Protip: Get a premade credit card, and sign up on amazon with a fake name, street address, phone number, etc. You'll be able to use EC2 for free until they catch on, then they'll try to charge the credit card and they won't be able too ^^. I was an idiot and got charged $250+ for one month lol.

Using the protip I gave you and not giving me credit. tisk tisk tisk @Adam

#71 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

Get rekt 

#72 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Now we just have to wait Rogue  :rolleyes:

Hey now I'm still here...and @Rogue sticks to stamps...chances are if you're trying magic it is I taking your buys haha. Since I got 3 shells rotating all day in there, the only time I really miss an MP is when there's no overlap and the 5 sec wait vbetween buys is going on. Otherwise what 1 account missed the other picks up hah. And yeah...500 - 750 ms buys are common for me...but mine fluctuate a bit into the 1200 ms range too sometimes.

#73 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

Neopets servers aren't in california I'm pretty sure... if that was the case then I would be getting insane buy times :p

Whoops. I'm thinking of where they used to be, I believe when Viacom owned neo they were on the west coast. I'm unsure of where JS now has their servers then.

#74 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

I think I've either read they're in NY or VA...but that's all hearsay...I suppose a quick whois lookup would give us the answer but I'm at work right now hah.

#75 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

They're hosted by Microsoft these days so it's most likely the Virginia/Washington area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users