Introducing SLACK!

slack chat irc fun wee

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

xOh9RyH.png?1
Hey everyone! We have something new and exciting to share with you guys!
The Neocodex Staff has been discussing using this really neat app as a communication medium for us and for our user-base. It’s basically like an updated version of irc where we can have channels that are both public or private and send individual messages, and basically just chat instantly at any time day or night, without being logged out (unless you want to log out, of course). But it’s a bit more personalized in the sense that you can use gif reactions, emojis, and customize your profile with a display pic. It is available both as an app or for desktop. You can set push notifications and @mention people as well making it easier to get ahold of staff with questions or concerns about/around the forum. 

For more information on Slack, including a brief little tutorial, check this page out:
https://slack.com/is

We thought this may be something the community would be interested in and decided to do a trial run and see how it pans out. As of right now we are using the free version but if there’s enough interest and it’s being utilized often enough, we may consider upgrading to a paid version for even more perks in the future. Because we are using the free version, spots are somewhat limited. We will be accepting Advanced users and up. 

If you are interested in being a part of this really cool chat/communication medium, please PM @Pyro699 your e-mail address (titled Slack) so he can send you an invite. From there you will follow the link in the invite and register with the email you provided. This will give you access to our Slack channels. 
 If you are interested in being part of this really cool chat/communication medium, please visit this link and an email will be dispatched to your neocodex associated email. If you have difficulties during this step, please feel free to send a message directly to @Pyro699 and he will assist you in getting setup.

Once you join:
We currently have two public channels which may change in the future.

#general and #random

#general is where you can chat, ask questions, hang out, etc. 
#random is the place for silly gif reactions and emoji overload, sharing videos and pics, etc.

The reason they are separate is so that the fun sharing doesn’t drown out any important questions or discussions happening in #general. Of course the occasional emojis are fine, but we don’t want it being filled with gif reactions and pictures while someone may be trying to ask an important question!

The same rules that apply to the forum will loosely apply to the slack channels. I say loosely because mild sexual discussion is inevitable, but please don’t share / post things that would violate the rules of the forum and please don’t harass one another, all that jazz. The same rules apply, and the same punishments will apply. (Including potentially being banned from the chat.)

Once again, here is the link to join: https://www.neocodex...x.php?app=slack

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

Oh, this looks super awesome :D Already PM'd Cody!

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Oh, this looks super awesome :D Already PM'd Cody!

It is! I've been enjoying it since Cody brought us into it, definitely would be even better with our users there too lol

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Isn't slack a work app? I ain't working for you guys  :thumbdown:

Nope :p It's a TEAM communication app. You can share files, pics, etc Come on nitroooo
One of us! ONE OF US!

#5 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

It is! I've been enjoying it since Cody brought us into it, definitely would be even better with our users there too lol

Since TC on mobile is shit, this will be a great alternative for when I'm not on my laptop!

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

This is great! I was actually going to ask y'all if we could have a codex Discord server, but this works great as well.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

Since TC on mobile is shit, this will be a great alternative for when I'm not on my laptop!

I was thinking the same thing lol TC app is such garbage and on here you can use your display pic and use emojis and just *sob* it's lovely.

#8 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

in a couple years its gonna get bought out and become bloatware

#9 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Awesome! I'll join as well :p

Also a bit off topic but.. On the IP board mobile there could it be possible to introduce a button to go to the First and Last pages of the threads? :/ I find it kinda frustrating to have to always change to the desktop one just to surf to those pages.

Anyways Slack looks awesome on Android :D

#10 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Oohh this sounds interesting! I will give it a try :D

#11 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yesss, I was wondering if I should suggest using Slack. The Dom people on FR love using it, and rightfully so. And uh. Please ignore my odd e-mail address.

#12 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Yesss, I was wondering if I should suggest using Slack. The Dom people on FR love using it, and rightfully so. And uh. Please ignore my odd e-mail address.

no way its worse than mine

#13 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

Awesome! I'll join as well :p

Also a bit off topic but.. On the IP board mobile there could it be possible to introduce a button to go to the First and Last pages of the threads? :/ I find it kinda frustrating to have to always change to the desktop one just to surf to those pages.

Anyways Slack looks awesome on Android :D

I have the exact same problem, thanks for pointing it out haha

Will it be available to normal members in the future?

#14 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

no way its worse than mine

mizzprinzezzsparklezz69@hotmail.com?

Lmao of course that's a user.

Edited by Lucy, 29 May 2016 - 01:25 PM.

#15 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

I have the exact same problem, thanks for pointing it out haha

Will it be available to normal members in the future?

Pretty sure if they manage to add that button they will make it sidewide and not for just certain ranks :p

mizzprinzezzsparklezz69@hotmail.com?

i_got_a_big_dyiak_1993@hotmail.com g6cYnyw.png

Edited by GetJinxed, 29 May 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#16 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Ooh, a personalized communication medium where we have the possibilities of using emojis and reaction gifs? Signing up. :D

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

Pretty sure if they manage to add that button they will make it sidewide and not for just certain ranks :p

I think that part was about Slack :p

#18 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Nope, I was talking about Slack, sorry for the confusion XD

#19 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

i_got_a_big_dyiak_1993@hotmail.com g6cYnyw.png

I'll definitely add you on MSN later if my mum allows me.

#20 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

I think that part was about Slack :p

Nope, I was talking about Slack, sorry for the confusion XD

Herp derp. Sorry  :(

I'll definitely add you on MSN later if my mum allows me.

Ohhh cmon she doesn't need to know  :wub:

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

Ooh, a personalized communication medium where we have the possibilities of using emojis and reaction gifs? Signing up. :D

Right? I was like "you had me at emojis"

#22 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Like I need another place to get in trouble

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Like I need another place to get in trouble

You really do.

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

RIP IRC.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

RIP IRC.

Lol just when Cody fixes the permissions, eh?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slack, chat, irc, fun, wee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users