What

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

did you once wanted to be, what path did you take and why, and what are you now?

If you are now not what you wanted to be, do you plan on heading towards what you wanted to be?

Edited by Nonexistent, 30 May 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

This is a totally a topic NOT for chit-chat. Because while it's in chit-chat I can post stupid shit like...

18s0uztby8we8jpg.jpg

#3 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

This is a totally a topic NOT for chit-chat. Because while it's in chit-chat I can post stupid shit like...

Spoiler

is that what you wanted to be, what you are, or what you plan to be?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

the_great_saiyaman___colour_by_eggmanrul

#5 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

Idk, since I did something fun yesterday I thought might try doing something srs today knowwutimsayin

i tried to do something about it

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Oh good it's in general chat now!

did you once wanted to be, what path did you take and why, and what are you now?

If you are now not what you wanted to be, do you plan on heading towards what you wanted to be?

I wanted to be a chef because I absolutely love cooking. However, things changed and I needed to get away from home so I joined the military. I can't wait to get out of this shit, and either go be a computer network technician, or be a chef. Two very different things, and a lot to consider.

#7 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

Oh good it's in general chat now!

I wanted to be a chef because I absolutely love cooking. However, things changed and I needed to get away from home so I joined the military. I can't wait to get out of this shit, and either go be a computer network technician, or be a chef. Two very different things, and a lot to consider.

aww man but I don't want muh post count to increase....

anyways, you get free tuituion once out of the military tho right

#8 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

I think the only thing I ever had aspirations to be when I was younger was a writer. Then, when I was old enough to know you actually needed money to live off of I wasn't sure what I wanted to be. Along the way I aimlessly got a standard associates degree, got married and had kids. I'm happy enough being a wife and mother now, but I still enjoy writing, mostly for my own entertainment.

Adam, I enjoy cooking too, hate the clean up....I can admire the dedication you have to want to be a chef :)

#9 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:00 PM

And after all this have you ever met another interest that you wished you could have found and got into sooner?

#10 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

Not really....ok well maybe my Hubs  :lol2: ....I never thought a Husband and kids would be my end all be all........especially kids, never imagined myself having kids. However now I couldn't imagine my life any other way, my family completes me *just made myself gag  :lol2: *

#11 Underwatered

Underwatered
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:44 AM

I once wanted to be a scientist lol, then a businessman and then now a policeman hahaha ><

#12 w35l3y

w35l3y
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

I wanted to be architect, then an airforce pilot and now I am IT analyst.

I like to be IT analyst, so I don't have any plans to change.

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

ugh i used to want to be a wife but i really suck at choosing partners. I decided to have some kids willy-nilly, get a degree in business technology, and work in a call center. I've accepted I'm a horrible decision maker and judge of character, and switched life goals to becoming a health coach. I'm currently taking free, not-for-credit classes to make sure it's a field I really enjoy and am ready to make more than a super hobby from.

#14 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

ugh i used to want to be a wife but i really suck at choosing partners. I decided to have some kids willy-nilly, get a degree in business technology, and work in a call center. I've accepted I'm a horrible decision maker and judge of character, and switched life goals to becoming a health coach. I'm currently taking free, not-for-credit classes to make sure it's a field I really enjoy and am ready to make more than a super hobby from.

I remembered Yung as an extremely active member, objectively speaking, but whether that was a good thing for his position in life I cannot say. I learnt yesterday that you two separated, I do not know what lead to it, but my sincere condolences that that relationship ended as your disappointment.

Though it does open you up to what could be rather than stagnating in what could have been. It is refreshing to hear that you are looking foward to exploring what other potentials and interests you may have and expanding towards that

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

I remembered Yung as an extremely active member, objectively speaking, but whether that was a good thing for his position in life I cannot say. I learnt yesterday that you two separated, I do not know what lead to it, but my sincere condolences that that relationship ended as your disappointment.

Though it does open you up to what could be rather than stagnating in what could have been. It is refreshing to hear that you are looking foward to exploring what other potentials and interests you may have and expanding towards that

Noooo, no condolences please, especially not for my disappointment ending.

#16 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Noooo, no condolences please, especially not for my disappointment ending.

Why not

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Why not

... I actually don't have anything nice to say right here. I was trying real hard though.

#18 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

... I actually don't have anything nice to say right here. I was trying real hard though.

Did I fuck up, I'm not very good with holding conversations

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

Did I fuck up, I'm not very good with holding conversations

It's probably me. My first response was my tactful attempt at "don't be sorry, breaking up was literally one of the best decisions I ever made."

I am pretty excited about the rest of my life though.

#20 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

It's probably me. My first response was my tactful attempt at "don't be sorry, breaking up was literally one of the best decisions I ever made."

I am pretty excited about the rest of my life though.

Nah i have pretty poor social skills.

But yeah you have freedom to seek your ambition now, i think it's wonderful

Is just that sometimes our history isn't perfect, and if we look back at it, which we should, there's nothing wrong with feeling a little sadness or guilt

#21 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

I wanted to be a professional violinist. I went to music college, spent 4 years being shouted at by an angry Russian man, and became a professional violinist.

And then I realised the lifestyle was atrocious, packed it all in and worked in public relations in classical music instead, because of having some very good industry connections.

#22 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

When I first got out of high school I really wanted to join the FBI, so I started taking all the criminal justice degree requirements. Then I got a job and went into the accounting side of things. About 4 years ago I wanted to be a computer engineer, got all the info needed to start school again, then I got lazy and got a shit job for fun and then moved. 

Now I do purchasing/accounting

#23 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:40 AM

I wanted to be a professional violinist. I went to music college, spent 4 years being shouted at by an angry Russian man, and became a professional violinist.

And then I realised the lifestyle was atrocious, packed it all in and worked in public relations in classical music instead, because of having some very good industry connections.

wow thats what I wanted to be too, but i didn't end up having the skill to git gud, I wish I was born a prodigy :(

#24 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:59 AM

I wanted to study ancient languages, then I wanted to study Literature, then I wanted to curl up in a ball and die.

And now I am on the second year of my acting/acting professor career, on a... street dancer group? (It's p hard to explain in spanish, it becomes terrible to explain in english, video examples yehehea! https://www.youtube....h?v=oZBwzW1SRek ) and that weird combination has given me more and more ideas to do things in the future! :D

Edited by Llyir, 02 June 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#25 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

wow thats what I wanted to be too, but i didn't end up having the skill to git gud, I wish I was born a prodigy :(

If it helps, it was an utterly miserable life and I don't think you missed out in any way. I really loved music college, even though it was hours and hours of practicing the same tiny passages over and over, and being shouted at a lot. I had the same tutor for 3 out of 4 years and we had an extreme love/hate relationship.

Working though...really horrible. I toured a lot internationally, so regularly missed friends' birthdays, engagements, promotions, housewarmings...whole life was happening back in London while I was in Germany or somewhere that I didn't particularly want to be. You spend a lot of time in very cramped conditions, getting quite uncomfortable and inflicting injuries on yourself. Huge numbers of my orchestra were playing through pain on a daily basis. Music is a seriously bitchy industry too, not pleasant being in that environment with frenemies all day every day, especially on tour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users