What's the point of more neopoints?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

I have about 16m, but I've painted all my pets and it seems a lot of prices have deflated too. I mostly trade NC so I'm not really sure what there is left to do or if there's any point in starting ABing again.

What do you spend your neopoints on? Or are you hoarding it in your bank with no specific goals? 

#2 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

I hoard it. Sometimes I buy auctions of hts for fun. I like gourmet food.

#3 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

I have 300k atm so I'm trying to get more through FC, trudy, etc. so I can paint pets and buy pixels.

#4 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

I hoard it and then I sell it for other

Edited by HiMyNameIsNick, 01 June 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#5 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

I hoard it and use it for Codex competitions.

#6 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:12 PM

Hoard, sell in the Trading Post forums on Codex, use for contest and so far a giveaway. Those have felt like pretty fun uses for NP. And having some millions available is nifty for NP itself too -- e.g. when you just need to get an MP or a PB or something, or to help some random person on Neopets.

#7 Harris

Harris
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

Used to sell for "Other" but no one really buys anymore. Mostly just hording nowadays.

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

I'm currently hoarding my NP until I've saved enough for an UB item that I hope to buy one day. It is the only thing motivating me to save NPs. :C

I also like to donate them to competitions once in a while :D

#9 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I've got like 50m and I've basically hit that wall as well. I mean, if I had a TON of neopoints, I'd start collecting random expensive things. But while 50m isn't much in the grand scheme of things, it's also more than I'd ever need for casual spending so, shrug.

I do like hoarding just for the sake of having neopoints though.

#10 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Nowadays, I just like to collect my bank interest. See how high I can get it up to.

#11 knarthas1313

knarthas1313
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

Just using it to finish up my darigan plushie gallery

#12 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:09 AM

I've got like 50m and I've basically hit that wall as well. I mean, if I had a TON of neopoints, I'd start collecting random expensive things. But while 50m isn't much in the grand scheme of things, it's also more than I'd ever need for casual spending so, shrug.

I do like hoarding just for the sake of having neopoints though.

Good God is 50m not a TONNE of np??? I'm only on 3.2m so it feels like a pipe dream at this point. tbh I'm not sure why I want more np. I think at one point I'd like to really customize all my pets, get them all painted, but after that, I think I'll need a new goal!

#13 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

Hoard them to donate to contests and hold R99 giveaways. Also to build up the main I'm making for my daughters. Other than that there isn't really much of a point unless they bring back things like war plots and other things that will make people want to buy things with the neopoints they've hoarded.

#14 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:15 AM

tbh my accounts are now there just to buy stamps for the mrs and get items for NC comps.  I dont really play neo anymore so anything I get goes to those 2 items.  The Mrs plays nearly legit and before she quit (shes only just quit) she said stamp collecting is become very big with more and more ppl working towards avis and teh top 50 score list.

#15 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:27 AM

Idk I had trouble offloading my stamps at 80% of the going rate...they took so long to sell compared to the MPs. Maybe I should throw a shell into stamps for a day and try again.

#16 Urbex

Urbex
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this user.

• 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

I got up to 75m before I got bored of collecting..I wanted 100m but I had offers from people to buy it so I sold most of what I had :p

#17 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

Hoard them to donate to contests and hold R99 giveaways. Also to build up the main I'm making for my daughters. Other than that there isn't really much of a point unless they bring back things like war plots and other things that will make people want to buy things with the neopoints they've hoarded.

Aww that's really cute! How old are your daughters? I honestly thought there are no kids left on neopets.

#18 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

I like having shiny virtual monies, makes me feel richer than my poor self in real.

#19 active247

active247
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

saving for expensive stamp avatars. the main reason i save money. also, interest and random things in the game. i keep playing for nostalgia sake.

#20 Kula

Kula
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

Saving in hope to collect all jhudora themed item and complete my gallery. I'm at 9m np atm.

#21 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

Good God is 50m not a TONNE of np??? I'm only on 3.2m so it feels like a pipe dream at this point. tbh I'm not sure why I want more np. I think at one point I'd like to really customize all my pets, get them all painted, but after that, I think I'll need a new goal!

Well I mean 50m is a ton, but it's not like really rich in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty common for moderately expensive items to be in the millions, and really special items to be in the hundreds of millions. Considering I can't even afford a single really expensive item, and buying an item for a few million would be a sizable chunk of my funds, I don't consider 50m to be that right.

Plus, I've been playing for like 10 years. Admittedly I made nearly all that in a year, but I did play quite a bit that year.

#22 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

Well I mean 50m is a ton, but it's not like really rich in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty common for moderately expensive items to be in the millions, and really special items to be in the hundreds of millions. Considering I can't even afford a single really expensive item, and buying an item for a few million would be a sizable chunk of my funds, I don't consider 50m to be that right.

Plus, I've been playing for like 10 years. Admittedly I made nearly all that in a year, but I did play quite a bit that year.

It's probably like that thing irl where if you have no money, you feel like people living the high life are just soooo rich, whereas to them it's small change because they're used to dealing with the ridiculous sums of money. :lol2:

I like to think I'm neo-middle class.

#23 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

I like saving it up for a rainy day (yeah hoarding I guess), but also I like having the knowledge that I can buy whatever I want with all my np - something that I can't do IRL.

#24 Dollars

Dollars
  • 98 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

Honestly I just save up for the sake of saving up and seeing how much I can get. Don't really care about customization or collecting at all so don't need NP all that much. Wouldn't mind a perfect BD set eventually though (Moehog Skull, SuAPx2, Wand of the Dark Faerie, Thyoras Tear, LEV, Ghostkerbomb, Ghostkershield), though currently I probably have a net worth of 40m in crashing items, so not too close to any of that :p, probably will get iced long before.

#25 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Honestly I just save up for the sake of saving up and seeing how much I can get. Don't really care about customization or collecting at all so don't need NP all that much. Wouldn't mind a perfect BD set eventually though (Moehog Skull, SuAPx2, Wand of the Dark Faerie, Thyoras Tear, LEV, Ghostkerbomb, Ghostkershield), though currently I probably have a net worth of 40m in crashing items, so not too close to any of that :p, probably will get iced long before.

i was wondering what you do such that you're worried about getting iced?

i'm slightly attached to my account, tbh.

a SuAP would be amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users