• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

I cannot take women sport announcers/reporters seriously. I'm trying, but I'm not there yet.

#2 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

Yes. We all do. It's called being human.

#3 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Lol alright well any specific ones

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Christians, if you tell me you are a christian I'll assume you're a bigot. Even though I'm aware not every christian is a bigot and not bigotry isn't a specific quality of christians.

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

I seem to be more prejudiced against anyone who's transgendered. Please don't hate me, but I cannot wrap my head around the fact that people aren't happy with the gender they were born with. I would think that if you don't feel like the gender you were born with, you would consider yourself "gay."  Eh, maybe one day I will understand, but I'm not quite there yet.

#6 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

Christians, if you tell me you are a christian I'll assume you're a bigot. Even though I'm aware not every christian is a bigot and not bigotry isn't a specific quality of christians.

I'm kind of like that too. I grew up with my grandparents who were Christian, and I attended an Anglican school.

I didn't really take the Christianity up. Probably hearing too much of it is what put me off.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:40 PM

I'm a Christian  :ninja:

You bigot.

#8 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

I don't like people taller than me.

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

I adamantly cannot forgive or even acknowledge the existence of people who talk with an upward inflection after every sentence when they're not asking questions.

#10 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

i'm prejudice against anyone who uses the term "irregardless"

#11 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Yes. I hate you.

Ortin finally said something funny.

1EAyf2n.gif

#12 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

I don't like people taller than me.

how tall are you? xD

--

as for prejudices, i really despise people who are just constantly sarcastic. snark is fine, but like, not all the time.

#13 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

I'm also prejudice against people who never stand up for themselves or constantly choose being passive aggressive over just being regular old aggressive.

Stand up for yourself. Drag a bitch. 

I know a lot of girls who will do literally anything to avoid conflict and it makes me think less of them.

#14 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:36 AM

i'm verrrry prejudice of greeks and indians.

i went to a greek school and basically everyone that was greek treated me like shit (besides a handful of people) (but majority rules). maybe it was because the school was K-12 and i joined them in year 7 so i was an outsider to them haha (and also an immigrant from russia who didnt know how to speak english properly) and they saw me as someone weaker than them 

and basically every single indian at work is an arrogant and selfish piece of shit who also belittles everyone around them. again, perhaps its because of the class system that they have in india and as i am serving them at the registers, they see me nothing less than a servant. but people that ive met that arent indian migrants are pretty cool so ya

but yeah..

i found out today that @Shannon is part greek and she seems like a pretty cool lady so she fits into my handful of lovely greek ladies that i know <3

Edited by Daria, 04 June 2016 - 02:39 AM.

#15 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:18 AM

People who didn't go to uni, I've never hired one and I know I'm immediately a bit judgmental of their CVs when recruiters send them through.

Anyone who still writes in text speak. We're not 14, desperately trying to contain a text to one message, stop it.

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

Pokémon.

#17 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

Pokémon.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Why?! I can't stand all this BS new ones. But the first 150 ones are love  :wub:

#18 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

Whaaaaaaaaat? Why?! I can't stand all this BS new ones. But the first 150 ones are love :wub:

Because I simply find it stupid e.e (coming from a Neopets player :lol2: )

#19 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

You bigot.

Well, I'm a bigot too then xD

#20 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

I'm finding it a bit hard atm to not be prejudiced towards young men who look like they came from the Middle East. That's a thing I hate admitting, because I do try to be an open-minded person, but some of those men... Idk, I just feel like our cultures don't mix that well, especially concerning respecting women. So whenever I see a young man, or even worse, a group of them, I just change to the other side of the road or get off the bus or whatever. 

#21 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

I think we all have some sort of prejudice, whether ingrained or learned. The trick, in being an enlightened individual, is to recognize we have them, recognize when we're falling prey to them, and attempt to keep them from applying to our longterm lives.

Some seem almost innocuous; as I get older (and gain weight), I find myself scornful against women that show a lot of skin. In my head they're bubbleheads, begging for attention, low morality, whatever. I KNOW it's not true, and try to catch myself. Hell, sometimes my husband has to remind me: I used to dress that way too! It seems innocuous, but is a small part of judgement/control of women's bodies, which I'm incredibly against. So, I have a prejudice, and I try to catch it.

I'm also a little xenophobic. For no good reason; I've never endured crime or hatred by a person of another race (specifically because of race), but I think it's also tied into the fact that I'm a woman and tend to be nervous around larger males anyway. I think we're tribal, probably not genetically (watching children play) but culturally. We hang out with people that look like us, live around people that look like us, yadda yadda. I live in a predominately Guatemalan and Black neighborhood. My mailman is white, and two of my neighbors are. They're the only ones I've ever actually talked to. Now, I don't approach any of them, but they're the only ones that approach me. I think we assume that people that look like us are the ones we'll have the most (culturally) in common with. The trick is not discounting People of Other Colors when in social/professional situations. I don't "choose a white teller instead of the black teller" or anything ridiculous, for me it doesn't extend at all to public situations. I think it would be more something like: if I needed to ask someone for help, and my choices were a white man or a non-white man, all things considered equal, I'd probably ask the white man. Ugh, sounds so ugly. I just hold on to the fact that in a professional situation, I DO consider them equal.

WHEW, laying out residual prejudices is HARD. And yucky.

I don't have prejudice against people on welfare (I was on it as a child, it's a stopgap), but I do have prejudice against people with rims on their car, if the car is beatup and not otherwise restored. And likewise indicators of "probably low income but let me bling". I don't know if it's classist or culturist, but I know I don't take those people seriously. Basically, if you're trying to look "hip-hop / rap badass", I think you're a broke moron, wasting your money and probably someone else's. I haven't really had any situation where I have to correct this prejudice yet; I ignore them as best I can, as I'm sure they ignore me.

#22 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

Well, I'm a bigot too then xD

Yeah.

Bigot.

#23 Darkskull

Darkskull
  • 104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

I adamantly cannot forgive or even acknowledge the existence of people who talk with an upward inflection after every sentence when they're not asking questions.

OMG, I completely understand this. It annoys me so much!

how tall are you? xD

--

as for prejudices, i really despise people who are just constantly sarcastic. snark is fine, but like, not all the time.

I'm 6'3.

#24 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:20 AM

OMG, I completely understand this. It annoys me so much!

I'm 6'3.

Do you have trees as ancestors?

#25 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

SJW/"progressives". I absolutely cannot take them seriously, they make me laugh because every time they state something like it's a fact it's a) incorrect b) sourceless c) usually both. I love watching right wing guys like Milo Yiannopoulos (his hair is fantastic, btw) make fun of them.

Also, I don't get why Americans (in general) are so easily offended at EVERYTHING. You can't make fun of anyone without triggering the fuck out of them. When did society need safe spaces?

If Americans went to any country in Latin America they'd be triggered every second. Every other sentence is like "chinga tu madre". I love it.  :lol2:

Edited by Lovato, 05 June 2016 - 05:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users