life

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

I said it before on a status update, I came back to this forum because of the AC and ended up loving and laughing at little conversations around this forum, so, I wanted to know more about you guys, things like where you live, jobs, studies, since when are you a codex member, if you've met people on here IRL, how's life going, whatever! You can think of this like a big presentation topic but of everyone already here willing to participate at the same time.

For example, I live on Necochea, Buenos Aires, Argentina, I'm an acting student and a street dancer of some sort.

Spoiler

I'm currently unemployed and just studying, but I'm on search of a job that doesn't clash with my studies hours.

I study acting, but I'm going for the title of Professor, I want to be able to make other people like making and watching plays, there's a whole world to that that helped me a lot, and I want to try and emulate that with someone else.

...Annnnd apparently I made an account here on 2013 for the same exact reason I came back this year and ended up spending a lot of time reading /a lot of things/ on here this time.

But not enough to know much about any of you, so... who are you guys?? :p

(Also, I don't know if this belongs on General Chat or if it's better on Chit-Chat? Iamstillconfusedabouttheactualdifferencesaboutthesetwoimsorry.)

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

tumblr_inline_o2hohzNoPA1rclidh_540.gif
I'm Kylo Ren. Apprentice to Supreme Leader Snoke and commander of the First Order. I'm also the leader of the Knights of Ren. My home is the star destroyer Finalizer. My life's ambition is to become as strong as my grandfather, Darth Vader.

#3 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Ooooo this could be a fun topic, especially if I end up hanging around these forums and can come back to see how far I've gone. ouo;;;

Currently a student with a part-time job doing a double-degree, stuck with my major from the start because I love it, but switched degrees once and also minors once. Heading overseas for a job next month, which is incredibly exciting for me.

Next year I hope I'll get into law school of choice, annnd I'll see where I go from there. I'm still fairly optimistic, but I hear law school tends to hammer that out of you.

Ahhhm, currently I'm just slouching around not doing much, and decompressing from this semester, really. I'll have to get my act up on Monday, but for now, my life status is just chillin. :3

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

27. Been on Codex since I was only just 15 in 2004 (bleh). Live in London but have spent the past couple of years splitting my time between London and Paris because my husband has been working over there. As of August, we're both back in London full time which makes me all of the happy. Husband is affectionately known as The Boy on here, horrifyingly I've known a few of the serious old timers on Codex for longer than I've know him. Did a music degree. Became a professional violinist. Ended up working in public relations relating to classical music. Just started the process trying to adopt a child, which is difficult. Those are most of the things.

#5 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

For example, I live on Necochea, Buenos Aires, Argentina, I'm an acting student and a street dancer of some sort.

Spoiler

@ Dexternaut that is actually really cool. Do you have any videos that we could see?

Currently 26 and living in the burbs of Toronto. Got my Honours Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto with a Major in Health & Disease and Double Minor in Physiology and Bioethics, such a mouthful eh? What does that mean exactly? I'm not too sure but I like to tell people it just means that I'm "smart". 

I've been working for the same company now for 3.5 years as a Customer Service / Tech Support / Inside Sales person for instrumentation. Think technology for detecting / analyzing your surroundings whether it be gas detection, industrial hygiene equipment (sound, air, heat) or medical surveillance (audiograms, lung capacity or vision screeners). 

Do I want to be doing what I'm currently doing right now for the long run? Of course not! But I really have no idea what else to do so I'm just staying put right now. I know it's not necessarily the more proactive but things could be worse and I've got to do a lot of cool things through the company like go to North Carolina, Baltimore & Jamaica or walk a mile into a tunneling project for the subway expansion. 

If it were up to me I'd be open to moving anywhere to give myself more of a worldly perspective, Canada is great and all but the Earth is so large that it just seems odd to me to not be able to experience all it has to offer. 

#6 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

Hello, Dexternaut. I am a 29 year old african american female living in the state of Virginia. My hobbies include art, video games, listening to all types of music, hitting on random strangers, and reading books and manga.

I'm currently going to GMU and studying for a certificate in Graphic Design. My main interest was animation, but Graphic Design seemed to be a more cheaper and safer option to me this time. I'm going to be taking a course called Corporate Design & Branding in a couple of days.

When I'm slacking off or not busy, I like to come to codex and talk with others about various things, like online game discussion, real life issues, and basically anything I feel like is of interest to me.

#7 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm 20 and studying Traditional Chinese Medicine. I'm in my second year right now and the degree takes a total of 4 years so hopefully (knock on wood) I don't fail any subjects and don't have to stay back! I think in 3rd or 4th year we have the option to go to China for a semester so I'm definitely going to make the most of that. I chose to study this because I'm a sucker for health and traditional medicine is just the way to go. 

I've been in the neopets cheating scene since about 2009-2010, but I hadn't joined codex until this year. I remember when I was 15ish I was googling cheating programs for Neopets and I'm pretty sure I came across the homepage of Neocodex but it just looked too confusing so I closed the tab xD Ended up joining another forum for 2 or so years, quit neopets, sold my main account, and never looked back. But here I am now, recovered my main account and as addicted as ever :p 

And of course I'm still getting to know all the members here but I hope I will form some lifelong friendships c:

#8 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

I have read every single one of your answers and I absolutely love the diversity on here, and god some of you have been here forever. That's awesome.

Became a professional violinist. Ended up working in public relations relating to classical music. Just started the process trying to adopt a child, which is difficult. Those are most of the things.

Can I become a fan of you? Nevermind, I'm already are. I looove the violin and it's one of the two instruments I'd like to master one day along with the saxophone! But I'm even more amazed at the fact that you are in the process of adopting, if I ever get the chance to form a family, I want that as the way to go, no matter how difficult it becomes. I wish you and your husband the best, really, that's amazing, I can't say it enough.

@ Dexternaut that is actually really cool. Do you have any videos that we could see?

Do I want to be doing what I'm currently doing right now for the long run? Of course not! But I really have no idea what else to do so I'm just staying put right now. I know it's not necessarily the more proactive but things could be worse and I've got to do a lot of cool things through the company like go to North Carolina, Baltimore & Jamaica or walk a mile into a tunneling project for the subway expansion. 

If it were up to me I'd be open to moving anywhere to give myself more of a worldly perspective, Canada is great and all but the Earth is so large that it just seems odd to me to not be able to experience all it has to offer.

There aren't really nice videos of my group on YT, but I can show you what some friends of another group do!

Spoiler

And I absolutely agree, sometimes the Earth seems so small and then you remember how gigantic it is and how much it has to explore and visit. I want to travel everywhere, I don't know where to start, but anywhere else.

AlsoOneOfMyGoalsIsToGoAndLiveOnCanadaButForNowDreamsAreDreams orz

Edited by Dexternaut, 04 June 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#9 Winterland00

Winterland00
  • 6 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

Simplemente dire: wow, crei que no habria nadie de latinoamerica aqui  xD

I came here for abrosia, but i liked this forum as well, to be honest i expected some dead forum and a few people that will ignore the newies, but this is a pretty calid forum, i can come here daily. i made my account over a year ago, but i started to come here two days ago

I reallly like the acting thing, im not good at it, but i prefer the theater over the movies, its a whole different atmosphere

actually im 23, a industrial engineering student, its funny because i wanted to be a psychologist xD

#10 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

There aren't really nice videos of my group on YT, but I can show you what some friends of another group do!

Spoiler

And I absolutely agree, sometimes the Earth seems so small and then you remember how gigantic it is and how much it has to explore and visit. I want to travel everywhere, I don't know where to start, but anywhere else.

AlsoOneOfMyGoalsIsToGoAndLiveOnCanadaButForNowDreamsAreDreams orz

This is actually really cool, I wasn't expecting there to be such a large crowd for a street performance.

It's weird right? Like if you think of how large the world is and how long it takes to travel from place to place it's amazing to run into people we know in the most randomly places. 

Why do you want to live in Canada? And what part of Canada do you want to live? I always wonder why people in really warm temperatures would ever choose to live here with the long winters but as someone explained to me once "I want to be able to experience all 4 seasons". Although some joke that here we only have two seasons; winter and construction -__________-

If it were up to me I'd do this in a heartbeat http://www.remoteyear.com/ but I know my current company would not let me.

#11 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

Simplemente dire: wow, crei que no habria nadie de latinoamerica aqui  xD

Somos bastantes. Está peculiarmente lleno de portugueses

I'm 23. I live in Argentina. Professional musician (according to my college).

I teach guitar and work as a musician (mostly sessions, as a composer and arranger).

I want to leave this shithole asap.

#12 Winterland00

Winterland00
  • 6 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

Somos bastantes. Está peculiarmente lleno de portugueses

I'm 23. I live in Argentina. Professional musician (according to my college).

I teach guitar and work as a musician (mostly sessions, as a composer and arranger).

I want to leave this shithole asap.

Ese momento incomodo en el cual no sabes en que idioma contestar e.e

Es bueno ver que habemos bastantes

Shithole? but a professional musician sounds good, want a new horizons outside your country?

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Spoiler

For this sole reason you deserve the most painful death...

#14 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

I find murgas pretty cringeworthy too.

#15 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

There's one that practises in the park across the street. It's so fucking annoying.

#16 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

For this sole reason you deserve the most painful death...

No es la primera vez que escucho esto, y menos de gente que vive en capital que tiene unas 5 murgas por cuadra, donde vivo hay 2 en toda la ciudad entera, puedo entender por qué el disgusto.

Pero pa mi son amor, seguramente si viviese en un lugar más poblado, sería diferente :/

#17 Winterland00

Winterland00
  • 6 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

No es la primera vez que escucho esto, y menos de gente que vive en capital que tiene unas 5 murgas por cuadra, donde vivo hay 2 en toda la ciudad entera, puedo entender por qué el disgusto.

Pero pa mi son amor, seguramente si viviese en un lugar más poblado, sería diferente :/

Siempre y cuando  te guste algo segui adelante! todos tenemos distintos gustos al fin y a cabo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users