• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

Father's Day is coming up and I want to get my baby daddy a game. I have no idea what though.

He has xbox, computer, and 3ds. He likes those manly shooter things like Halo, GTA, the series with the guy in a cloak on the cover, etc  and then those other popular things like Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, and Pokemon.

I got him D3 and Witcher for Christmas/birthday, he loved Witcher and hasn't touched Diablo. 

What are good recommendations based on this? Also, what is the name of the popular man game that came out in Feb that was part of a series?

#2 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

Has he played Saints Row III or IV?  Both are pretty awesome. They look somewhat bland on the outside but I spent nearly 70 hours on each - some of my most memorable moments playing a game. It's even better in co-op mode!

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

Has he played Saints Row III or IV?  Both are pretty awesome. They look somewhat bland on the outside but I spent nearly 70 hours on each - some of my most memorable moments playing a game. It's even better in co-op mode!

ummmm... I'll have to poke around. He has a list of all the ones he owns somewhere around here.

#4 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

If he likes shooty things he might like Uncharted; I think the 4th one just came out and my brothers have been playing it nonstop.

#5 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

Go old school and buy him the original warcraft boxed set/diablo I/II boxed sets.

The OG warcraft tides of darkness expansion pack would make me giddy like a teenage girl.

Only on PC can diablo be as fun as it should be.

Isnt there a new Doom coming out? That would be the best if it comes out in time for you

Edited by Dont, 08 June 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#6 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

If he likes shooty things he might like Uncharted; I think the 4th one just came out and my brothers have been playing it nonstop.

Uncharted is pretty legit as well. I was hooked when I first got my PS3!

I think it may only be on PlayStation though..

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:51 AM

Go old school and buy him the original warcraft boxed set/diablo I/II boxed sets.

The OG warcraft tides of darkness expansion pack would make me giddy like a teenage girl.

Only on PC can diablo be as fun as it should be.

I have a personal vendetta against WOW. I kinda wanted to make sure he'd like the D3 before going back to D1/2, but he's insistent that we play it together and it's just not possible, so he probably won't end up picking it up til Nov. Christmas next year, I guess.

#8 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

Uncharted is pretty legit as well. I was hooked when I first got my PS3!

I think it may only be on PlayStation though..

Indeed it is. I did not know that lol. @Jess was it Assasins Creed you were thinking of that came out in Feb?

Or Call of Duty?

#9 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

Indeed it is. I did not know that lol. @Jess was it Assasins Creed you were thinking of that came out in Feb?

Or Call of Duty?

I don't think so... I thought it started with an F. Assassins Creed is the one I was thinking of with cloak dude on the cover though.

#10 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:58 AM

I don't think so... I thought it started with an F. Assassins Creed is the one I was thinking of with cloak dude on the cover though.

Could it be Fallout 4? Although it came out in November, not February.

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

Could it be Fallout 4? Although it came out in November, not February.

No, there was something that came out the third week of Feb... what the fuck. I have all this detail. I could google it. brb

It's Far Cry Primal, y'all.

Was it any good?

#12 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:04 AM

No, there was something that came out the third week of Feb... what the fuck. I have all this detail. I could google it. brb

It's Far Cry Primal, y'all.

Was it any good?

I haven't played that one specifically, as I've been out of the country, but FarCry 3 was awesome. The graphics are sick and it all feels fairly lifelike. I haven't heard anything bad about it!  :lol:

#13 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:05 AM

I've never played it and my brother (he's way more into games than I am) hasn't either but looking at reviews, apparently it's supposed to be really good.

#14 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

YO YO YO

you must not know this

Warcraft: Tides of Darkness is NOT WoW. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT/older. I hate WoW, they ruined WarCraft.

and d3 SUCKS compared to d2

#15 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

Destiny.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

YO YO YO

you must not know this

Warcraft: Tides of Darkness is NOT WoW. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT/older. I hate WoW, they ruined WarCraft.

and d3 SUCKS compared to d2

It got ruined for me in 2007. I don't know what that was or when or the chronology of Blizzard, but it's ruined for me. Forever. 

I haven't played D3 yet, I spent the most time on D1 and barely any at all on D2.

#17 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

Out of everything ive ever said on this website this is the most important

try tides of darkness. it's like a 90's game

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

I don't even want to try to decide what my most important post was.

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

www.neopets.com

#20 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

I recommend not getting him anything with the title "Dark Souls". Unless of course he really enjoys a very repetitive game where all you do is roll behind a big monster, and stab them in the butt for hours. You could get him Overwatch.

#21 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

I recommend not getting him anything with the title "Dark Souls". Unless of course he really enjoys a very repetitive game where all you do is roll behind a big monster, and stab them in the butt for hours. You could get him Overwatch.

So true.

I second Overwatch.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

Gal*Gun. It's a shooter.

Oh nuts. The sequel is only on PS4. Import the original.

#23 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

I came here to scream "Saints Row III/IV" and it was the first response. :p

Seriously, the SR games are ridiculously fun (I personally prefer III over IV, though.)

I haven't played Overwatch but what I saw of it looked amazing.

#24 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

I'd recomment waiting until steam's summer sale starts. It is expected to drop ~21st of june and there usually are considerable drops in prices. With the money of one full game you might get 2-3 or even more :)

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

I'd recomment waiting until steam's summer sale starts. It is expected to drop ~21st of june and there usually are considerable drops in prices. With the money of one full game you might get 2-3 or even more :)

I still wouldn't have any idea what to get lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, game, help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users