• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

Okay, so, sometimes I see interesting shit or weird shit trending on Facebook. I thought it'd be sort of awesome if we had a thread for trending topics from FB, Reddit, Imgur, whatever, we want to discuss or just laugh at.

One of today's trending topics is pantone 448 opaque couche (too lazy to accent that e).

Apparently, it's been named the ugliest color in the world? I kind of like it though. :v

E6ZYpi4.png

#2 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

I had a lot of clothes in middle school in that color for some reason. Brown's just not my color. That one has just the amount of yellow to make it look especially shitty though.

#3 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

IDK it kinda reminds me of my couch

I'm cool with it

I hate green colors tho

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

I had a lot of clothes in middle school in that color for some reason. Brown's just not my color. That one has just the amount of yellow to make it look especially shitty though.

I guess it does look a little poopy.  I still like it though lol. 

#5 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

couché ;)  (Spanish keyboard FTW ñ.ñ)

And yes, is ugly as fuck 

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

IDK it kinda reminds me of my couch

I'm cool with it

I hate green colors tho

Maybe that's how it got it's name lol. It looks more brownish/yellow than green to me though.

#7 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

Maybe that's how it got it's name lol. It looks more brownish/yellow than green to me though.

Ooh yeah

haha i didn't see its name :')

IDK man i can see why people hate it though

Like it's not even a solid color

It just looks like a mix of brown/yellow/green

#8 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

I guess it does look a little poopy.  I still like it though lol.

I think it'd be alright as an accent pillow or something. But there are much much better browns out there.

#9 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

Some times, more often than I'd like to admite, I wonder who the fuck gives such shitty names to colours?

#10 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

Ooh yeah

haha i didn't see its name :')

IDK man i can see why people hate it though

Like it's not even a solid color

It just looks like a mix of brown/yellow/green

Yeah, I can see what you're saying. It does sorta look like a poopy mixture of browns, yellows and greens lol.

I think it'd be alright as an accent pillow or something. But there are much much better browns out there.

Yeah. I agree. I was looking at the posts for it, and someone shared their dining room with the walls that color, it actually looked pretty good too. I think ivory or white can really help offset the poopiness of it and can make it look good. xD

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

The color reminds me of the time I went to Six Flags in Jackson, NY during a Phyics trip for AP Physics. Yes, in high school, there was a Physics day where all levels of the Physics classes goes to Six Flags, but we were forced to actually do some work. It wasn't too bad. We just have to calculate velocities, g-forces, projectiles, and all that jazz. But it was cool in a ghetto way because we have to carry an accelorometers or whatever it was called. It was a half centimenter diameter transparent tube with a spring and a plumb attached at the end on the inside. On the outside were markings to show what the acceleration was. If you're standing still, the plumb was on the zero line. So my group of friends went on nitro and amazig the line wasn't that bad because our trip was on a school day and nobody was at the park in the middle of May. Being the person I was, I wanted to get this shit over with ASAP so I held my accelorometer in my sweater and rode the motherfucker like a boss. I looked so chill and had so much fun that I gripped the flimsy accelorometer and it creased, thus not letting the plumb to descend beyond a certain point. It didn't matter because the g-forces on all the roller coasters never exceeded that point so I was like whatever. At the end of the ride, the roller coaster car had to wait in a queue because the next car was still unloading and loading new passengers. I was bored so I looked around and I saw a beehive. It was far enough for me to admire its geometric structure and not fear for my life. I got off nitro and all my friends agreed to get food because we didn't eat and normally in high school, we ate lunch at 10:30 AM. We went to some branch of food service--I don't recall the franchise but it was just another burger joint. It probably was only found in New Jersey and not New York. Seeing how greasy and unkempt it looked, it made me feel a bit prouder that New York doesn't have sketchy food places like New Jersey. We got food. I went to the public bathroom and took a piss. At the facets, someone left their watch and I was the only one there. Being the klepto I was back then, I pocketed the watch and went on my merry way. When I went outside, I saw my friend vomit because she usually had a weak constitution and I rationalized that the Jersey food got to her. Right next to my friend was a woman with that same exact color hair and she wore a sleeveless hoodie that, at an angle, you can see sideboob. I said sideboob to myself quietly and giggled.

That color reminds me of sideboob.

#12 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Some times, more often than I'd like to admite, I wonder who the fuck gives such shitty names to colours?

Can you imagine that being your job?

"What do you do for a living?"
"I name paint colors."
"Oh.. wow.. that sounds.. really.. intriguing.. I think...e.e"

#13 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:55 PM

To me it looks a bit like some milk chocolates. Or coffee with milk.

#14 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

The color reminds me of the time I went to Six Flags in Jackson, NY during a Phyics trip for AP Physics. Yes, in high school, there was a Physics day where all levels of the Physics classes goes to Six Flags, but we were forced to actually do some work. It wasn't too bad. We just have to calculate velocities, g-forces, projectiles, and all that jazz. But it was cool in a ghetto way because we have to carry an accelorometers or whatever it was called. It was a half centimenter diameter transparent tube with a spring and a plumb attached at the end on the inside. On the outside were markings to show what the acceleration was. If you're standing still, the plumb was on the zero line. So my group of friends went on nitro and amazig the line wasn't that bad because our trip was on a school day and nobody was at the park in the middle of May. Being the person I was, I wanted to get this shit over with ASAP so I held my accelorometer in my sweater and rode the motherfucker like a boss. I looked so chill and had so much fun that I gripped the flimsy accelorometer and it creased, thus not letting the plumb to descend beyond a certain point. It didn't matter because the g-forces on all the roller coasters never exceeded that point so I was like whatever. At the end of the ride, the roller coaster car had to wait in a queue because the next car was still unloading and loading new passengers. I was bored so I looked around and I saw a beehive. It was far enough for me to admire its geometric structure and not fear for my life. I got off nitro and all my friends agreed to get food because we didn't eat and normally in high school, we ate lunch at 10:30 AM. We went to some branch of food service--I don't recall the franchise but it was just another burger joint. It probably was only found in New Jersey and not New York. Seeing how greasy and unkempt it looked, it made me feel a bit prouder that New York doesn't have sketchy food places like New Jersey. We got food. I went to the public bathroom and took a piss. At the facets, someone left their watch and I was the only one there. Being the klepto I was back then, I pocketed the watch and went on my merry way. When I went outside, I saw my friend vomit because she usually had a weak constitution and I rationalized that the Jersey food got to her. Right next to my friend was a woman with that same exact color hair and she wore a sleeveless hoodie that, at an angle, you can see sideboob. I said sideboob to myself quietly and giggled.

That color reminds me of sideboob.

TL;DR

Wat8.jpg

#15 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yeah. I agree. I was looking at the posts for it, and someone shared their dining room with the walls that color, it actually looked pretty good too. I think ivory or white can really help offset the poopiness of it and can make it look good. xD

A whole room of it? idk, man e_e In a DINING room no less.

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

@Kelvin that was such a sensory experience. I almost smelled the burgers, the inside of the bathroom and your friend's vomit.

@Coops damn if I ever get to meet people that name colours I'd ask them why the shitty names? Why not keep it simple? "Dark-brown. Even-more-dark-brown. Brown-and-that's-it. Light-green. Lime-green." and so on. Sometimes I feel like I'm offending the lady on the paint store because I don't know the names of ALL the colours and I just ask for "that dirty white that never had the chance to be beige, but really... WHAT IS BEIGE?"

#17 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

A whole room of it? idk, man e_e In a DINING room no less.

It wasn't that bad actually. This was it:

TLsfX50.png

Also, @Kelvin I liked your anecdote. 

@Kelvin that was such a sensory experience. I almost smelled the burgers, the inside of the bathroom and your friend's vomit.

@Coops damn if I ever get to meet people that name colours I'd ask them why the shitty names? Why not keep it simple? "Dark-brown. Even-more-dark-brown. Brown-and-that's-it. Light-green. Lime-green." and so on. Sometimes I feel like I'm offending the lady on the paint store because I don't know the names of ALL the colours and I just ask for "that dirty white that never had the chance to be beige, but really... WHAT IS BEIGE?"

Hahaha, omg, "that dirty white that never had the chance to be beige". I laughed way harder at that than I should I have.

#18 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Hahaha, omg, "that dirty white that never had the chance to be beige". I laughed way harder at that than I should I have.

The lady on the local paint store is so damn judgemental. She's capable of making me feel bad for not knowing the difference between shades of pink. "Magenta", "flamingo", "PEACH!" (lady, peach is not pink!). I want to live in a world where I can be woman and call all pinks... Pink.
This anguishes me :/

#19 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

That living room is not that bad tbh.

I know right!

#20 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

that room actually doesn't look too bad.

it's a very old and classical colour. reminds me of GoT for some reason

#21 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hey, that actually isn't bad. It looks more coffeeish there to me though. Maybe because the color looks more dynamic due to lighting etc as well. While the swatch is just flat shitty.

Honestly all of this is making me doubt my design sense. Maybe I'll go pick up a better homes and gardens magazine. e_e

#22 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

Why my new post replaced my older one? e.e
Codex stop trolling me e.e

#23 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

I would wear that colour #noshame

#24 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I would wear that colour #noshame

you can wear anything ugly.. your soul will make anything beautiful :)

#25 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

you can wear anything ugly.. your soul will make anything beautiful :)

Aww you're sweet. Same with you (although you never said you'd wear it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users