• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

Singer Christina Grimmie, who had competed on the US TV programme The Voice, has died of her wounds after being shot in Florida, police say.

They say a man opened fire on her when she was signing autographs after a concert in Orlando.

The assailant - who was tackled by Ms Grimmie's brother - then shot and killed himself. The 22-year-old singer died in a local hospital.

In 2014, Ms Grimmie finished third during season six of The Voice.

Article here

I can't handle this :( @Padme and I have been listening to her for years, since she was singing to a small audience on Youtube. I'm heartbroken.

#2 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:10 AM

Great voice

Extremely tragic the way she died

There's been wayyyy too many good people passing away in 2016

#3 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

I'm speechless wtf. I've been listening to her since high school. I can't believe someone fucking killed her. Is this another case of some deranged fan who felt slighted she didn't return his affection and attacked her?

#4 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:32 AM

Why do bad things always happen in Florida? That state is getting more and more deranged with each passing day.

#5 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

I'm so sick of people thinking that everything has to go their way. It's not guns that are the problem, it's the mindset of all these people.

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

This is very sad! I just saw a tweet from her Twitter that says "The End."...truly a tragic loss ._.

#7 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

So very sad, sad her brother was there too..tackled the shooter but the damage was already done....

#8 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

I've been listening to her all day and crying :( Her cover of I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston was what got me initially. 

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

I didn't know who she was (which I kind of regret now), but I can sympathize with anyone who loses someone they love or admire to gun violence. :(

#10 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

I've been listening to her all day and crying :( Her cover of I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston was what got me initially. 

Her acoustic original Find Me is one of my favorite songs ever. That and Stereo Hearts. 

#11 koutei

koutei
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

I heard about this last night. She was so young. It's absolutely horrible and tragic this happened. :(

#12 howaboutthat

howaboutthat
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:29 AM

This is so sad.  She has a beautiful voice.  I don't watch the voice, so I had never heard of her until I played these videos.  

#13 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

When I heard about it on Facebook, I initially thought it was someone's sick joke. So sad for such a ridiculous and tragic thing to have happened. Rest in peace, Miss Grimmie.

#14 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

I can't bring myself to listen to her covers anymore.

#15 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

This is very sad! I just saw a tweet from her Twitter that says "The End."...truly a tragic loss ._.

She was hacked and someone put that up there. :|

People are trash. 

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

She was hacked and someone put that up there. :|

People are trash. 

Seriously? I thought it was like her PR team posting that on her twitter. smh...

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

Seriously? I thought it was like her PR team posting that on her twitter. smh...

Nope some scum bag on this Earth hacked a dead girls twitter. 

:|

Ugh. So awful

#18 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

When I heard about it on Facebook, I initially thought it was someone's sick joke. So sad for such a ridiculous and tragic thing to have happened. Rest in peace, Miss Grimmie.

It was the first thing I saw when I woke up and I was honestly super confused. My first thought was a car accident or maybe an overdose but the fact that she was shot to death for no reason, I just have no words for. 

#19 howaboutthat

howaboutthat
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:18 PM

Nope some scum bag on this Earth hacked a dead girls twitter. 

:|

Ugh. So awful

That is truly sick and pathetic.

#20 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:52 AM

So, the person who killed her has been IDed. He apparently had no arrest record, did not seem to have known her personally or anything, and at the time of publication police could not determine any particular motive. He did however bring two handguns, two extra boxes of ammo, and one hunting knife -- the act was obviously premediated, to the point that he seemed to have specifically driven over to her concert just to kill her.

I hope they figure out his motive / intention soon or something, if only for the sake of some kind of closure I guess. At this point, this info just makes act even more bewildering.

#21 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:18 AM

:(

#22 koutei

koutei
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:00 AM

RIP Christina. :(

I still can't get over how heartbreaking this is...

#23 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

Whenever I remember she's gone I'm sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users