Quantcast

Photo

What's a bad habit you can't seem to break?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:14 AM

I have two:
I speak really softly to people of authority or those that are older than me or I don't know well. I also use the dreaded baby voice whenever I'm in the presence of my family. Idk if it's some weird defense mechanism but I come off as shy or immature.

I bite the skin around my nails, past the first joint. I don't know why I started but I have memories of doing so as early as 2nd grade.

What's your bad habit? How/when did it start and how has it affected you?

Edited by Nanarie, 12 June 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

Eating...

#3 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:01 AM

Biting my nails

#4 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Going to bed late ;x

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Going to bed late ;x

The first step is admittance. You're well on your way to recovery!

#6 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

Eating...

Hey, we all do it! :D

#7 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

Biting my nails. Breaking off my split ends. Squeezing every blocked pore I can find and then be mildly amused at the huge pimple that follows. Falling for guys wayyy too quickly. Then break up with said guys after two months. 

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

Biting and peeling my nails. Also, binge eating. :(

#9 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

I don't have any, I am a flawless being.

#10 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

The first step is admittance. You're well on your way to recovery!

I don't think so lol

#11 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

SMOKING

fuck

#12 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

Procrastination...

Probably started with Neopets... :(

#13 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

Biting my nails, smoking, being too forgiving of people whom have wronged me in ways I never would have forgiven before. Believe it or not this guy was the biggest asshole who looked out for nobody but himself and would deal with anyone in his way swiftly. Sometimes I miss being like that because I didn't let things hurt me, but mostly I miss my ability to take into account the past wrongdoings and actually say no leave me alone. So another bad habit I guess is not being able to say no.

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

My bad habit is getting home and ripping my uniform off, then throwing it on the ground. I then walk on my uniform, and I feel like I'm disrespecting all of the military people who came before me...but oh well.

#15 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

biting my nails.....not sure how it started but my anxiety issues don't help m stop

#16 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

Unhealthy eating and eating when I'm bored. 

#17 firedrops

firedrops
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Skipping meals. Especially when I'm nervous. Like I am right now x) 10 hours till another exam :(

#18 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

being too forgiving of people whom have wronged me in ways I never would have forgiven before. Believe it or not this guy was the biggest asshole who looked out for nobody but himself and would deal with anyone in his way swiftly. Sometimes I miss being like that because I didn't let things hurt me, but mostly I miss my ability to take into account the past wrongdoings and actually say no leave me alone. So another bad habit I guess is not being able to say no.

I'm struggling with that too now, actually :o Before I had a fuck you, fuck everything attitude but then I joined a sorority and there's pressure to "get along with your sisters." Wtf even is sisterhood but I've gotten into SO many stupid fucking fights and situations that I never would have put up with before.

Skipping meals. Especially when I'm nervous. Like I am right now x) 10 hours till another exam :(

Hope you did well on your exam!

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

Getting crushes on people I don't stand a chance with.

And forgetting to respond to texts.

#20 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

I'm struggling with that too now, actually :o Before I had a fuck you, fuck everything attitude but then I joined a sorority and there's pressure to "get along with your sisters." Wtf even is sisterhood but I've gotten into SO many stupid fucking fights and situations that I never would have put up with before.

Hope you did well on your exam!

Ahh I never got into the whole frat/sorority deal when I was in college...I knew everyone in them for...business purposes...but I couldn't deal with the people for more than an hour tops haha. Some of them aren't so bad when they're not in their groups, but yeah, I understand where you're coming from entirely!

I think another bad habit of mine would be working so much...I put in between 60 - 70 hours a week right now...too much time away.

#21 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

I kicked my habit of biting my nails and it was instead replaced with biting the insides of my mouth.

#22 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Ahh I never got into the whole frat/sorority deal when I was in college...I knew everyone in them for...business purposes...but I couldn't deal with the people for more than an hour tops haha. Some of them aren't so bad when they're not in their groups, but yeah, I understand where you're coming from entirely!

I think another bad habit of mine would be working so much...I put in between 60 - 70 hours a week right now...too much time away.

I was really against frats/sororities in high school for some reason but somehow I ended up in one :p It's fun and yeah a good way to meet people but some of them just take it way too seriously. It's just a glorified club in the end, of course you can make good friends for life but it's just college bruh.

What job are you working 70 hrs a week for? :o

I kicked my habit of biting my nails and it was instead replaced with biting the insides of my mouth.

I think that's how I started biting my skin, I used to bite my nails a lot and it ruined my nailbeds forever, but now I keep them super long while I bite everything around them.

#23 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

I'm an executive sous chef for a company that runs 15 restaurants, and does high end catering. I love the job but just too much time away from home lately.

#24 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

I'm an executive sous chef for a company that runs 15 restaurants, and does high end catering. I love the job but just too much time away from home lately.

That sounds amazing! :o Did you go to culinary school? I want to open a bakery when I'm older but my parents tell me a food business is way too time consuming. :( 

#25 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

I actually didnt. I've been in the kitchens of restaurants since I was about 8 years old after school at the restaurant my mom was a manager of. I baked for a diner that I was head cook of...nothing extremely large scale, but I can do all the breads, pastries, doughnuts (@Emily), cakes, cookies, pies, etc etc. It is time consuming...but if you love to do it then it is worth it. I only put in so many hours because with summer coming up and horse racing and all I've gotta get my staff in tip top shape and ready for a huge season. This is the time of year my staff starts to dislike me haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users