Photo

What made you turn to cheating in NP?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#51 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

to be honest its really just unrealistic to get the items if u dont cheat..and its just too easy to cheat in comparison

#52 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

my neighbor when I was little told me about cheating on neopets, before that I was always broke as fuck and ever since then I have been addicted :)

#53 avalanche

avalanche
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

there are some fun, rare items i had always wanted to use and it was much easier to work IRL and earn the money to buy them than to spend hours chipping away at earning the NPs legitimately

#54 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:34 PM

The purge, you spend years making things as you like, take a break, come back find out you can't even get in your account because they are switching all their servers, then once switched account is gone. No ability to reclaim your pets or anything. That is why.

#55 Aurelion

Aurelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

I started full time cheating when I realized that when converted pets lost value people just essentially abandoned them. I always thought there were true attachment and feelings for the neopets but nope, it's all very materialistic and rarity is what matters at the end of the day. *cough3l4lucsrwsrnscough*

#56 PenguinCat

PenguinCat
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

I don't have a sad story about being iced, I was just never able to reach my goals due to crazy inflation before I started cheating.

And now it doesn't feel like there's much of a point. Dead site, neopoints are easier to make, and everything that made me super nostalgic has changed.

I mean, there's still some there, which I why I log on every so often. But I don't put effort into it anymore.

#57 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

From yee old days, prior to them giving out NP like candy, it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to get actual neopoints the legit way. To give a clue to the neobabies: the soup kitchen max out was around 250 NP if I recall correctly? 

I remember that, when they only had a few of the html games and getting anything done was an absolute grind

#58 soy

soy
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

Oh man I remember back in like 2006-8, I was buying neopets items from websites not forums (i think it was like turmaculus.net/.com), paying like $25 for an illegit FQD and shit. Everything was dandy for about 2 days and then I got iced for buying shit I was so young/stupid/sad bc it was my main LMAO (I remember getting iced clearly because I was in the middle of trading pets and this was before transfers!!! and she went first!!! as I was going to pound my pet to her i got iced) 

so after that i got into to cheating, i was young and learned a LOT i remember score sending some games and thinking "7 Minutes? thats so long, ill just change it 10 seconds" 

now im back for nostalgia not rly after big np just awesome pets avatars and trophies 

tl;dr got iced for buying np from some shady website (didnt think i could get caught it was like 2008 okay!!) had a long learning curve and finally it worked out lmao 

I started full time cheating when I realized that when converted pets lost value people just essentially abandoned them. I always thought there were true attachment and feelings for the neopets but nope, it's all very materialistic and rarity is what matters at the end of the day. *cough3l4lucsrwsrnscough*

lmaoo i love my first, it was a mutant blumaroo named foxxxxy45698 or something like that me and my friend created together LOL 

as much as i'd love to have that pet again id choose a 3l uc faerie over it any day 

materialistic neopets bitch for life

#59 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

I think I found Neocodex when I began to learn how to cheat with CE. Then I discovered @Coilvect master AoB list. I cheated on Ice Cream Factory and an egyptian dice game (don't remember the name) for fun. I tried cheating in the game where you whack a petpet to get it the farthest possible, only it went way out of bound. I submitted the N/A score, wanting to see whet it would do. I don't have to mention that I got iced. It wasn't really a main, since my true main is blocked behind a birthday that I can't remember. Now I began cheating again to have that FREAKING pink paintbrush (which its valued lowered from 3.5M to 2M, I'm genuinely happy about that.).

#60 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:08 AM

I came across this site when people mentioned codex on the AC boards. I couldn't play a legit game during the AC. Too boring, so I used a score sender and made All Star! Here I am now!

#61 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

I heard of NP generators and luckily I was smart enough to know the video's and shady sites were fake. I stumbled upon a topic here saying they no longer existed but then someone suggested ABing,... and I stuck around :p 

#62 Massacrador

Massacrador
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Spoiler

#63 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

Playing legit is impossible, the low amount of neopoints given from games and the restock game is a pain.

#64 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

The money from legit game-playing was too slow. I learned about RS'ing, and genuinely tried to do it legit, but I was never fast enough, Found Abrosia, but was too paranoid to try it (what if 'they' steal my login code??). Stumbled upon the AoB masterlist, used that, made a small bit of NP, signed up here at Codex, started lurking, eventually became a part of the community during an AC, cheated the shit out of Neopets. Only then I became a full-blown cheater. It was a long road to cheating for me.

#65 wuasguild

wuasguild
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

Because after 14 years (on and off) of playing legit, I only have about 4 million NPs. Cheating is fun. I like to have fun.

#66 funfunnotfunfun

funfunnotfunfun
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

few years as i started to play just restocked legit. one day i saw this site and asked myself just why. fking timewaste lul

#67 Extremesnow

Extremesnow
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

Played legit and my account ended up getting frozen for some bs reasonn. So figured i might as well cheat if they are just going to freeze me for nothing.

#68 sherm

sherm
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

For me although it makes sense that you can appreciate something the more time you put into it, I'd rather not spend hours playing games everyday just to have like 100k by the end of the month. =)

#69 salmonfisher

salmonfisher
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Because it's just too hard to make NPs and everything is so expensive now

#70 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

It's like the olympics....you can go to the olympics, but unless you're taking enhancments you're not going to win.....even the ones coming in 50th place are on something.

That being said I do enjoy 80% legit play. I cheat at things...so I can go outside and do shopping..cuz I got things to do. On the other side, cheat too much and it gets boring and risky. I put my RS settings fairly low for the most part as I live for the moment I finally get green on the screen and it's something worth a lot. Getting green all the time is a snorefest.

#71 gyro

gyro
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

at first everything would be really boring & slow and things took forever to save up for... nowadays it's easier to do it legit but equally as boring, if not more so. also after the major flash games went down (kq, habi) there just wasn't anything to Do. i knew trying to obtain what i wanted legit would literally take forever or be impossible (esp in terms of pets) so... screw it.

#72 camellia

camellia
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Getting iced for not cheating - all that hard work for nothing when I could find ways to rebuild by cheating

#73 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

I've never really cared about neopets so I won't be too bothered if my account gets frozen or something.

#74 mechadad

mechadad
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

I've been playing off and on since 2002/2003 and have always struggled to make enough NP to buy the things I want. That, and rare items are so difficult to come by for legit players. I've been reading the Neopets/JumpStart Facebook pages and seeing the amount of pissed off people makes me feel way less bad about cheating. Hundreds, probably thousands of legit players who have invested serious $$$ in their website are being iced for no reason and TNT doesn't care at all.

#75 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

I had all the retired avatars, the war trophies, etc on a 10 year account. The only thing I DIDN'T have was extremely-rare game avatars. As my favorite thing to do was to collect avatars, I figured if I got banned (which I eventually did, but a couple years later), it would be worth it to put some life back into the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users