Photo

What made you turn to cheating in NP?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#101 greenhorn

greenhorn
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Honestly, I just got tired of the badly designed web pages that infest so many pet sites. It's all click click click through so many menus just to do one or two things. I was so tired of that crap so I got a bot to do it for me. XD

Otherwise I actually play pretty legit. I've never considered using a bot to play games before, but the prizes on some sites are so low per minigame that it's really annoying to try and earn any amount of points...

#102 DrunkCleaner

DrunkCleaner
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Was frozen twice when playing legit. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#103 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

I still have no idea how my main hasn't been frozen lmao

#104 jasokes

jasokes
  • 10 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Lost access to an old account and TNT refuses to answer tickets. Had a few ucs on there, and given how much they're worth now, I've come back to the game feeling plenty salty. Figured this is the best way to get back up to where I used to be without investing my whole life into rebuilding. Ain't nobody got time for that.

#105 Neoxx

Neoxx
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

I was iced for "attempting to scam others" over a misunderstanding, and something that was really obviously sarcastic and not at all legitimately what I was asking/doing. I can't remember the specifics as it was well over 10years ago now but it was something incredibly dumb like "send me your pw and i'll make neopoints appear" as part of a very in context joke on a board among friends. I remember thinking "as soon as I can explain my side, and they see the context the joke was made in, I can have my account back and we'll all have a laugh" and then that didn't happen. And I was furious that something I spent so much time on could just be taken like that. So I turned to the dark side :shifty:

#106 Larni65

Larni65
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

I was overcharged for something (real money, by Neo), so I opened a ticket and sent an email. Months later, there's been no reply. So I figured why bother sitting there trying to make their fake currency, legitimately, if they don't care about taking a large sum of my real currency from me?

Also, I suck at knowing what's a good buy, and what isn't...

#107 sherm

sherm
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

what an old thread! I love all these answers, as I can relate to most of them. I started sometime around elementary school and realized I cant do anything fun with how long it took to get np. I quit, and came back years later at which point I turned to cheating :p

#108 Robindoo

Robindoo
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

Getting my main frozen even though I was playing it legitly.

#109 rayngiraffe

rayngiraffe
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

I've been doing it for awhile...never saw the point in playing legitimately (very tough, imagine fighting against bots and doing the same shit over and over).

#110 HowDidIGetHere

HowDidIGetHere
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

Because I could never feed a kad lmao

#111 Kyross

Kyross
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

I just didn't want to be dirt broke anymore...after a long hiatus I wasn't very savvy about making money, didn't even know restocking was a thing. Desperately looking for a way to make my battledome dreams come true let me to ambrosia.

#112 Eagles

Eagles
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

I just didn't want to be dirt broke anymore...after a long hiatus I wasn't very savvy about making money, didn't even know restocking was a thing. Desperately looking for a way to make my battledome dreams come true let me to ambrosia.

hahaha well, its easy to make nps when you let a program do it for you!!

#113 JaXxX

JaXxX
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

I basically turned to cheating when they frozen my account that I invested a lot of time on when I was a child. Then went rogue..I think over the course of my lifetime, I've had 200+ accounts iced for ABing SS'ing and all...I returned to being legit..but I managed to accumulate 200~ on an account which is safe to this day

#114 qt8711

qt8711
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

I just joined! Honestly I don't think I've ever really played "legit". I don't use ABers or programs, but when I was a kid I had waaaay too many accounts because I'm a pet hoarder u_u As an adult I started buying some items because I honestly love this game, and I love having lots of NP to do stuff with :D

#115 ziron2000

ziron2000
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

I had a legit account where i made alot of money shop sniping. I had huge gallerys of neggs, coins, transmog potions etc.

Then they froze me, dunno why because everything i did was manual.

So i stopped playing for years, then i came back and thought hey i want my shit back, so started autobuying.

My accounts not very old so i can only buy certain rarity stuff.

One thing i do miss is all my avatars

#116 vintagesoul

vintagesoul
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

For years I had NO IDEA buying and selling Neopets stuff with real money even existed. (Just call me innocent I guess lol) Then I stumbled across Neopoints Deals by accident and I was like O.O so I looked around and greed got the best of me. I actually have more fun now than I did before.

#117 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

A lot of people have started this way and some find a more 50/50 approach later on once they start amassing large amounts of pure.

#118 Konkon

Konkon
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:48 AM

Cheating's just more entertaining than playing legit for me.

#119 waters

waters
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:03 AM

starting using autobuyers in 2011??? it was hard making nps and I wanted things so i decided to cheat lmao

#120 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

I was poor and wanted to be rich.

#121 deathgrips

deathgrips
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

I tend to turn to cheating in any game I find myself too head over heels with hehe it's the only way I can achieve most of my unrealistic goals unfortunately!

#122 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

First and foremost, I really liked reading through this thread, hearing everyone's reasons.

Thank you for sharing.

How did you find out about ways to cheat? What made you want to cheat?

For the longest time, I had the rather naieve opinion that if you played legit, you had nothing to fear from TNT. (it's OK to laugh a bit *sad sigh* I've learned a lot since then)

I once took a small little step into rule breaking - ages ago, I bought neopoints from another player so I could buy a dragoyle (back when they were new and pricey). For the transfer, I put overpriced junk in my shop and they bought it for 99,999 nps. My girl loved her new petpet but I sweated so much for months that I would get frozen ... and nothing ever happened. With this one exception, I've played legit.

One of my sides was "frozen for protection", and after about 10 days of utter panic it was returned to me a few neopoints lighter, but the most important thing to me was that all my pets and their petpets were safe. Changed all my magic-words, changed my PIN, and went about life.

Then in December 2016, my husband's account got frozen. **
My husband is not a perfect guy, but I do believe him when he said he was not cheating on Neopets in any way. He submitted a ticket, and for awhile he updated it monthly, but never got any replies. He eventually gave up.

At my urging, when Jumpstart said they were revising their ticket system, he submitted a ticket again (this time by email). Still no reply.

This has really changed my husband's opinions on Neopets. He is very angry and wants nothing to do with them. He still feeds his pets in his side/gallery account, but only because I ask him to. He does not care about them beyond me urging him to keep them in the NeoLodge.

It's hurt me too. I hate to see my husband so upset and I feel powerless to do anything to fix the problem. I also have realized freezing can literally happen to anyone at any time for reasons they may never know, and the support system is … well, deplorable.

Since that happened nearly 2 years ago, I've had two neofriends get frozen – both of whom also said they did nothing wrong and got no response on their tickets. I'm realizing that there isn't really a reason to 'play legit'. Even players who do play by the rules have accounts get frozen and then sit around waiting on unanswered tickets for months going into years.

and also what's been said above so many times ... tired of being neo-poor, I want to have "more stuff" with less grind

** I have a feeling what happened was that he was reported for have a pet with an inappropriate name (the pet was named after a singer from the 60's, who shared the name with an uncommon street drug)

#123 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:36 AM

I cheated so much it's honestly gotten ridiculous but if my 18-year old account ever got frozen you bet I'd be on the boards telling people I was 100% legit this whole time and unfairly frozen lol

cheating is awesome

#124 Buffout

Buffout
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Spent hours manually restocking, didn't get much sleep and energy. Decide to quit and try something I'm curious in before cause I no longer fear of getting iced.

#125 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Boredom and legit accounts getting frozen. I still cheat though not on my personal accounts, and I don't even really do anything with the NP. Just to stick to to TNT I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users