Quantcast

Photo

What was your first thought when you found Neocodex?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

How did you find Neocodex? And what was your first thought when you found it?

OP starts. I'm not sure how I found this site. If I remember correctly, I saw people talking on the boards about users who bought pets and searched about it. I went through some sites and eventually found codex. I didn't even know cheating on Neopets was a thing back then XD

When I saw Abrosia on the main page, I downloaded the program manager and the first thing I thought was "they really think I'm going to put my account on this program? What kind of noob they think I am?". Well, gladly I gave it a chance and here I am now hahaha

Your time. Tell me your stories!

Sorry if there's already a similar thread, I searched a bit and didn't find anything.

#2 Ellea

Ellea
  • 147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

My legit main I'd been using since I was 7 got iced, cheating became my petty revenge.

#3 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

My legit main I'd been using since I was 7 got iced, cheating became my petty revenge.

Fair enough XD

I got frozen on my legit main too, then I decided to never play this game legit again.

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

i felt stupid when i first discovered neocodex because i realized how much better my neopets account would've looked like if i knew about this site sooner. i first heard of neocodex through neoboards as well during altador cup 2013.

on the community, i was pleasantly surprised to see everyone's so nice and friendly. :heart: i didn't expect that for some reason. i asked a lot of derpy questions in my early days and lots of senior members were very accommodating to me. i always try my best to help newbies here because of that. i love how quite a lot of  people here are using their real faces as their profile pictures. it really makes this place look more "human".

#5 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

To be honest, when I joined it in 2011 I thought the opposite XD I was afraid to post anything because it seemed to me that the older members were rude and wouldn't help me. Maybe it was just my impression, but apparently this site started to become much more noob-friendly and receptive in the following years.

#6 Ellea

Ellea
  • 147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

Fair enough XD

I got frozen on my legit main too, then I decided to never play this game legit again.

Once I discovered this place I realized that the virtual wealth I had spent years amassing could be rebuilt through a few weeks of cheating, which made me regret not joining the dark side sooner lol

#7 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

I have no idea. It was 2004. I can't remember that far back. I stopped playing neopets within weeks of joining though.

#8 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

Same story, but it took me 10 years to get over the pain and denial and arrive at revenge :p

#9 koutei

koutei
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Googling how to make a bazillion NP tends to bring up Codex as a result XD

And then after, it was "I wonder how those score senders work..."

#10 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

I can't remember exactly, but I do remember being ecstatic that I got an invitation to the forum back then when it was invite only. Other than that it's been way too long for me to remember haha.

#11 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

I think I came across codex years and years ago, but I thought it wasnt legit. Thought it was some kinda spam/virus idk lmao. 

Love codex  :wub:

#12 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

Got frozen and decided to try out cheats. I built up a really nice account and sold it here in 2012. Came back in 2015 because I was bored and wanted to build something nice again

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

I sure didn't think I'd still be posting here seven years later.

I never really stayed around forums and the only other one that I had any activity on was the official Leetstreet Boys forum. God why did I post there?

#14 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

I just wanted NP to make my pets strong and pretty. haha. My friend referred me to this site and I was just like, 'Aww yeah, afk NP here I come.'

#15 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Can't remember exactly what I thought of you guys, but I do remember being both amazed and wary of the cheating programs and options. And, of course, I wanted Advanced+ but the 500 posts felt like too much then.

#16 Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

Hmm. I believe I found this site after getting hijacked and frozen on my legit main when I was younger..

Since then, I never played Neo legit :p

#17 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

Everyone going nuts on 2013 because of the AC I believe

Codex this, codex that, searched for codex, found the forums, found that i had to have like 30 posts to access the subforum for AC and revealing which team was team codex, posted 2 times and forgot about codex until this year.

And this year I'm not even on Team Codex but got rather amazed at the community here. So I kind of stayed here, lurk from time to time and etc. :p

#18 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Oh hey cool, I wonder what the chances of me getting iced for cheating is. I probably won't stay long here and just use Abrosia. That was 4 years ago and I'm still here

#19 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

Googled "neopets how to cheat", tbh I found Slopdog first, then Neocodex. I've always liked to cheat at games, enjoying the game without javing to worry about money or what have you. I also only buy PC games if I know it can be exploited/cheated/modded. 

#20 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

I heard of Neocodex on the neoboards and thought everyone here was a bunch of assholes. But I eventually got bored with NP and decided to test the board's programs and fell in love with the place. :p

#21 Verge

Verge
  • 41 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

i just recently joined. Came across this while googling for ACG.

Learned about AoB and can't get it to work.

--- still haven't cheated yet coz I suck.

Which maybe its a good thing... If I learned SSing, i might have iced my account by now.  lol

#22 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

I just got so fed up trying so hard at Neopets and ending up with so little. I asked around on Reddit how people got so good and, well, one thing led to another and someone mentioned Codex. Checked this site out and haven't looked back.

Initially, I was just so happy that I wouldn't have to put so much work into a game I was enjoying less and less anyway that I more or less ignored the community, but then the AC started. I've really enjoyed it since then.

#23 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

When I saw Abrosia on the main page, I downloaded the program manager and the first thing I thought was "they really think I'm going to put my account on this program? What kind of noob they think I am?". Well, gladly I gave it a chance and here I am now hahaha

That was how I reacted too lmao. I even created an account to use Abrosia because I was afraid I was going to get scammed.

I discovered Codex after having my third (or forth?) legit account iced. I thought to myself if I was going to be banned under the false accusations of cheating, might as well do it. At that time I wasn't aware of what "cheating" meant in Neopets, since it was my first experience in online gaming, I was one of those kind of players "if you follow TNT's rules you'll be fine and never have trouble". I'd hate myself now lol. 

I never regretted the decision of finally stop lurking and start posting here, even though at first was so damn hard - mostly because I'm not a very social person at first. It's been a fantastic journey. :p

#24 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

I got bored of playing neo legit and wanted loads of virtual riches to fill my stamp albums, so I googled 'neopets cheating' and cK and Codex came up. I signed up to both, lurked on both for a bit and Codex's users seemed...more. Here I am, two years later.

#25 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

How did you find Neocodex? And what was your first thought when you found it?

I wanted my gold NQ trophy, but did NOT want to spend all that time grinding for it. I was basically done with Neopets, but came back to it every year or so for literally 2-3 days. I lamented having such an old account with pretty much no trophies on it. I found the NQ player, and then ACX happened. The place EXPLODED with activity and friendly, helpful people, and side games, and contests, and it was very very fun. Way more fun than Neopets. I got my gold, got a gold AC (first time I'd gotten anything besides participation, since I rarely caught it and played it anyway).

I drifted away for the meaty semesters of grad school, and unfortunately that workload has followed me this summer; I'm SSing AC but not getting to spend the time I wanted on the forums. :( Stupid real life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users