Photo

Need Kitten name suggestions

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:41 PM

SOoooooooooooo I thought my Hubs was being a bag of dicks and wasn't going to let us keep her, turns out he's the sweetest man in the world! She's a beautiful 9 week old tortoise shell kitten, mostly black but with highlights of gold,cream,bronze thru out her fur. I kinda need a brainstorming session to find a possible name for her. Any help is very welcome!!

Spoiler

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

GATTACA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

I personally like giving people named to animals,I'd name her Lulu or Elly.

#4 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

I personally like giving people named to animals,I'd name her Lulu or Elly.

We do too, but sometimes we deviate :) We've used Loki, Freya, Fizzgigg, Muta, Cookie Monster....

#5 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

Tagging cat lovers @Coops @Kitty

#6 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

buster, maggie, tiddles, or woof?

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

MrCat, or MrsCat

#8 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

Fang.

#9 Bendyounet

Bendyounet
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

Godzilla. Great name for a lil' monster !

#10 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Tortoise shell you say? Gamera!

#11 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:38 PM

At least in theory, I like naming pets either words that describe them or other animals that they look like.

Calling her Turtle because of the color could be cute. Or Fox/Wolf because she reminds me of a werewolf for some reason :p

#12 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

That is one seriously cute little kitty.

At least in theory, I like naming pets either words that describe them or other animals that they look like.

Calling her Turtle because of the color could be cute. Or Fox/Wolf because she reminds me of a werewolf for some reason :p

I like naming pets the opposite - IE I named my cat 'dog'. But, I do agree with Turtle.

#13 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

That is one seriously cute little kitty.

I like naming pets the opposite - IE I named my cat 'dog'. But, I do agree with Turtle.

Thank You  :D

So far I'm kinda liking Turtle too

The werewolf look is her coloring and kitten fuzz.....sooooooo cute but she is rather Foxy  :lol2:

#14 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

SOoooooooooooo I thought my Hubs was being a bag of dicks and wasn't going to let us keep her, turns out he's the sweetest man in the world! She's a beautiful 9 week old tortoise shell kitten, mostly black but with highlights of gold,cream,bronze thru out her fur. I kinda need a brainstorming session to find a possible name for her. Any help is very welcome!!

Spoiler

omg f torties are the best. I have a mute tortie and she's the prettiest jerk ever. Yours doesn't have a nose stripe! Interesting; I actually thought they all had that. (I LEARNED)

So far I'm on board with Gattaca and Turtle.

Mine's called Temper. (I had a grey tabby called Patience and she was a b*tch, so the joke was maybe if I called this one Temper she'd be a sweetheart. Tried to prove me wrong for the first 6 years, but now she's a sweetheart. :p

Edited by FelisNoctua, 18 June 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#15 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please šŸ±

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

Hazel or Hazelnut? :)

#16 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

My vote is for GlaDos

#17 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

What about Nala?

#18 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:14 AM

Oh man. We have a tortoise, Skittles, and she has the personality of a royal b. Seriously she's Queen B of this household. Possibly the state. lol

Name wise I'd suggest... hmm... o9yLRpT.gif

Harley (Quinn - you'll see why lol), Callie, Rarity, Nina, Dali (Salvador - cos she melts your heart and your clocks), or Moxie? 
Few off the top of my head.

Read this a long time ago on PetMD:

In veterinary and scientific observation, people have noticed that cats respond more to some human vocalized sounds than others. It may not be a coincidence that a catā€™s vocalization to humans is a high-pitched ā€œmeow.ā€ Cats have been noted to respond better to high-pitched human voices, and prefer womenā€™s voices to menā€™s. Cats also respond to names containing the long e-vowel, or ā€œeeā€ sound. 

Seems to be true. *shrug* Kiki loses her shit & drops everything every time we call her name. Everyone else has a "eh, maybe I'll come to you" or "eventually" attitude when you call their name. Except Skittles - you go to her. lol

Spoiler

#19 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

omg f torties are the best. I have a mute tortie and she's the prettiest jerk ever. Yours doesn't have a nose stripe! Interesting; I actually thought they all had that. (I LEARNED)

So far I'm on board with Gattaca and Turtle.

Mine's called Temper. (I had a grey tabby called Patience and she was a b*tch, so the joke was maybe if I called this one Temper she'd be a sweetheart. Tried to prove me wrong for the first 6 years, but now she's a sweetheart. :p

nose stripe?

hehehe should I worry? I've heard about Tortitude but so far she's all gimme belly rubs and purrs

Hazel or Hazelnut? :)

I like Hazel too! Hazel,Turtle.....

My vote is for GlaDos

where's GlaDos come from? said like Gladice?

Oh man. We have a tortoise, Skittles, and she has the personality of a royal b. Seriously she's Queen B of this household. Possibly the state. lol

Name wise I'd suggest... hmm... o9yLRpT.gif

Harley (Quinn - you'll see why lol), Callie, Rarity, Nina, Dali (Salvador - cos she melts your heart and your clocks), or Moxie? 
Few off the top of my head.

Read this a long time ago on PetMD:

Seems to be true. *shrug* Kiki loses her shit & drops everything every time we call her name. Everyone else has a "eh, maybe I'll come to you" or "eventually" attitude when you call their name. Except Skittles - you go to her. lol

Spoiler

awwwwwwww such a pretty kitty! I like Harley Quinn......hehe now I am worried about Tortitude

#20 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Omg name her Wheat. Haha.

#21 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:16 AM

@Faeling

It's from Portal (video game).

#22 Faeling

Faeling
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

@Faeling

It's from Portal (video game).

Thanks ;)

#23 rintastic

rintastic
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:06 AM

My old housemate names her cats after Linux commands (her two are Grep and Diff).

I also really like people names for cats, like Lucy, Rose, Caroline.

#24 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:47 PM

Apollo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users