Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

source: http://www.themalaym...at-driving-uber

Jobless, ex-minister Wahid tries hand at driving Uber

WahidOmar_18062016_620_348_100.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, June 18 — Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar was a technocrat who made his name in the banking industry, before serving the country as a minister in Prime Minister’s Department and senator.

With his tenure ending earlier this month, the former chief executive officer (CEO) of Maybank Group gave a shot at a more humbling task — ferrying commuters for ride-sharing service Uber. :sleep:

Facebook user Firdaus Fadzil revealed the former minister’s new job in a post on his personal profile yesterday. :x3:

“Uber my way to office by probably one of the most successful corporate and economic maestros with his new Perdana. Five star rating for YB Senator Dato Sri!” Firdaus said, with a photo of him and Wahid at the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

His post was geotagged at the Communications and Multimedia Ministry in Precinct 4, Putrajaya.

Blogger and political commentator Norizan Sharif also reposted Firdaus’ post after he met with Wahid to confirm the news. ^_^

“Just broke fast and performed tarawih prayers with Uber driver, Tan Sri Abd Wahid Omar,” Norizan said.

“The former minister in Prime Minister’s Department and former CEO of Maybank Group told me that he drove eight people today.” :cool: 

According to Norizan, Wahid said he drove Uber to try and understand the public’s thoughts. :zen:

State news agency Bernama reported on March that Abdul Wahid will be ending his tenure as minister and senator on June 4.

he couldn't stop talking about this all-morning in my family's whatsapp group. i'm so jealous right now.

discuss your 15 minutes of fame, if you have any.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: totm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users