Ask LGBT+ people anything!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#76 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

Some lesbians (not bi) like it when their girlfriend uses a strapon, right? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being a lesbian?

Spoiler

#77 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Biromantic Demisexual here to answer your questions!

So I suppose my question to everyone who strongly identifies with a certain sexuality - why? Why label yourself? Does this entire idea of labeling and categorizing every type of sexual preference not promote segregation?

Because even in the LGBT+ community, there's so much Bi erasure. Outside of the LGBT+ community they won't even say the word "bisexual" on television. Neither extreme of the spectrum gay or straight seems to believe that we exist. Gays and lesbians call us "breeders", assume that we are too risky to date because really we must be straight. Straights label us untrustworthy and promiscuous, assume we're hypersexual, or say that we must really be gay. Even among those who are bisexual and know that they are it's a struggle to turn out what society and the LGBT+ community thinks of you.

I label myself as bi so that those who Are bi can hear loud and proud that we exist.

As for being an out demisexual, it's the simple fact that most people haven't heard of us and this label is the easiest way to quickly and easily communicate how we relate to others sexually and romantically!

Generally, I've heard pansexual people imply that trans-people aren't real men or women (unintentionally I think). The comments made are generally along the lines of "well, unlike bisexual people, I like transpeople too" which is subtle, but still harmful. I get it since our concept of man/woman is so ingrained and it will take time to change how we talk about our gender. But yeah, after seeing/hearing it so many times, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I decided to move away from identifying with pansexuality. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but yeah, that's how it would come across to me.

That can have to do with a misunderstanding of the modern definition of bisexuality as well! It used to be, archaically, that bisexual refers to cis men and cis women. That's no longer the case. Now bisexual refers to two or more genders. But not everyone is aware of the change. Lots of people gravitate towards pansexuality out of a missguided attempt to be inclusive. I myself used to be one of them, even though the fact that gender is irrelevant to attraction for pansexuals never applied to me!

#78 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

That can have to do with a misunderstanding of the modern definition of bisexuality as well! It used to be, archaically, that bisexual refers to cis men and cis women. That's no longer the case. Now bisexual refers to two or more genders. But not everyone is aware of the change. Lots of people gravitate towards pansexuality out of a missguided attempt to be inclusive. I myself used to be one of them, even though the fact that gender is irrelevant to attraction for pansexuals never applied to me!

Thanks for that. I'm really tired of people telling me I have to be pan because I don't care if my partner is cis or not. 

#79 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for that. I'm really tired of people telling me I have to be pan because I don't care if my partner is cis or not. 

-thumbs up- I'm tired of the misunderstanding too. I feel like ignorance is a lot of the problem when it comes to bierasure.

#80 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

-thumbs up- I'm tired of the misunderstanding too. I feel like ignorance is a lot of the problem when it comes to bierasure.

It really is. Like, if people want to identify as pan, I don't really care more power to you, have fun with that. But don't try to force me out of my bisexuality for your label. 

#81 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

It really is. Like, if people want to identify as pan, I don't really care more power to you, have fun with that. But don't try to force me out of my bisexuality for your label. 

This. I feel like we get it from all sides, you know?

That's why I'm someone who loudly screams "Say bisexual!" at anyone who writes tv or miss labels celebrities or anything of the kind that ends up hurting our recognition.

#82 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

This. I feel like we get it from all sides, you know?

That's why I'm someone who loudly screams "Say bisexual!" at anyone who writes tv or miss labels celebrities or anything of the kind that ends up hurting our recognition.

I'm the kind of person who does that too lol.

My favorite is when they write it in and it's just normal. (Like Alphys in undertale is blatantly bisexual and no one really cared and I thought that was great.)

#83 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm the kind of person who does that too lol.

My favorite is when they write it in and it's just normal. (Like Alphys in undertale is blatantly bisexual and no one really cared and I thought that was great.)

Yes! That's amazing! Normalization is great representation. So tired of the LGBT+ and disabled (as I am wheelchair mobile) villains!

#84 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

Yes! That's amazing! Normalization is great representation. So tired of the LGBT+ and disabled (as I am wheelchair mobile) villains!

I'm disabled myself. (I can walk, but my hip slips out of the socket all the time so my existence is a painful one.) so I know what you mean there xD

#85 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

I'm disabled myself. (I can walk, but my hip slips out of the socket all the time so my existence is a painful one.) so I know what you mean there xD

I want to celebrate but only in solidarity not because of your pain! xDD

#86 Deoxys

Deoxys
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Old tpc but i'm here to aswer some questions

♥ more love please ♥

#87 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

I want to celebrate but only in solidarity not because of your pain! xDD

Whoops, I didn't see that! Thanks, let the celebration commence!

Old tpc but i'm here to aswer some questions

♥ more love please ♥

Thanks! I'm still active on this topic whenever someone posts. Glad to see it still has some interest

#88 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT DYKE

#89 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

I'm in a triad relationship with two amazing guys! AMA!

#90 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

My question is for @Amethyst, or whoever:

OH GOD, IS AMETHYST IS AN SJW?!

#91 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

My question is for @Amethyst, or whoever:

OH GOD, IS AMETHYST IS AN SJW?!

:'(

#92 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

Well, me asking this question will have me forever blacklisted *deep breath* but here it goes. This question was inspired by the picture "LGTB against islamophobia".

I'm curious as to how the LGTB+ community feels about the ever increasing pro-muslim attitudes that are happening in the US. I know I've seen certain sectional groups in support of them and it makes me wonder if that's normal as a whole.

((Note: Do not take my statements as an "anti person/religion" sentiment as this does not include all muslims, but rather, the ones who are radical.))

Some context, I come from a feminist and an atheist standpoint. Over the years I have come to realize that the all inclusive pro-muslim attitudes are extremely dangerous  to social progression and we have lost ground in some areas.  From my standpoint it really concerns me off to see small groups of feminists fighting for (all of) these people to be in our country when those same people have no desire to champion for our causes. ie lumping all muslims together and not understanding that many of them are highly, highly conservative and ultra religious.

Two examples: In my state many African refuges were taken in. During the last election they interviewed some of these muslim refuges from Africa who admitted that didnt believe that a woman could handle being president so they voted for Trump instead of Hillary Clinton.

The other example of the Portland state journalist being fired for leaking the video of the islam-rep who admitted that being an atheist in a muslim country is a death sentence.

To reiterate my question: I'm curious as to how you, as a LGTB+ person,  feel about the gay community blanket-supporting all muslims.

#93 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

TLDR next

#94 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Well, me asking this question will have me forever blacklisted *deep breath* but here it goes. This question was inspired by the picture "LGTB against islamophobia".

I'm curious as to how the LGTB+ community feels about the ever increasing pro-muslim attitudes that are happening in the US. I know I've seen certain sectional groups in support of them and it makes me wonder if that's normal as a whole.

((Note: Do not take my statements as an "anti person/religion" sentiment as this does not include all muslims, but rather, the ones who are radical.))

Some context, I come from a feminist and an atheist standpoint. Over the years I have come to realize that the all inclusive pro-muslim attitudes are extremely dangerous  to social progression and we have lost ground in some areas.  From my standpoint it really concerns me off to see small groups of feminists fighting for (all of) these people to be in our country when those same people have no desire to champion for our causes. ie lumping all muslims together and not understanding that many of them are highly, highly conservative and ultra religious.

Two examples: In my state many African refuges were taken in. During the last election they interviewed some of these muslim refuges from Africa who admitted that didnt believe that a woman could handle being president so they voted for Trump instead of Hillary Clinton.

The other example of the Portland state journalist being fired for leaking the video of the islam-rep who admitted that being an atheist in a muslim country is a death sentence.

To reiterate my question: I'm curious as to how you, as a LGTB+ person,  feel about the gay community blanket-supporting all muslims.

Oh boy. For the first time here I'm going to be giving a pretty uh, unliked opinion.

I absolutely hate that they're blanket supporting Muslims. These are people who legitimately want us dead, to the point where in quite a lot of Islamic countries we are literally murdered. I am aware there are good Muslims, like there are Christians and other religious groups. But to blanket support people who are so glad to murder us without thought in the name of their god. That's not okay and it doesn't sit well with me. I don't really associate with the LGBT community much for this reason, but do recognize I'm forced to categorize myself that way because I am neither cis or straight. I'm absolutely disgusted how these people can say there's so much hatred against them in their own countries, yet support the people perpetuating that exact same hate they're claiming to fight. 

I'm a pretty hardcore atheist so that might reflect my views. I'm not ONLY against Islam, but I don't support other religions. (I don't mock people who do follow a religion though, I have religious friends and honestly we've had civil debates and respect each other's opinion.) 

Edit: Just want to point out this is a topic I feel really really strongly about, and don't really speak much about, kinda refreshing to see it brought up. 

#95 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Do you use strap ons?

#96 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

Asking for a friend. Let's say the girl you've been dating for 1 1/2 months has a gay best friend. All 3 of you are going to a baseball game together, he starts hitting on you. WYD?

#97 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Regardless of your specific sexuality, what parts of the human body (from both sexes, everything in between and beyond) besides the genitals that you find most attractive?

#98 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

Asking for a friend. Let's say the girl you've been dating for 1 1/2 months has a gay best friend. All 3 of you are going to a baseball game together, he starts hitting on you. WYD?

kiss his privates and vice versa

#99 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

First off, tell your girl. She deserves to know. 

Second, tell him firmly, no, and tell him he's making  you uncomfortable. 

Regardless of your specific sexuality, what parts of the human body (from both sexes, everything in between and beyond) besides the genitals that you find most attractive?

Eyes. I love brown eyes, and green ones. 

Anything else I say is going to go into 'this guy probably has a weird fetish' territory so I won't say anything further. 

#100 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Eyes. I love brown eyes, and green ones. 

Anything else I say is going to go into 'this guy probably has a weird fetish' territory so I won't say anything further. 

I'm going to be rude and have no inhibitions in saying so, but you've already reached the point of no return in Codex. Nothing you say will redeem you from what you said in the past. Stop saving whatever face you think you still have left to save and follow through completely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users