neoquet ii neoquest 2 client no cheating bot automation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:42 PM

I recently started to play Neoquest II for the second time in my life due to nostalgia, the first being over a decade ago.

Some where along the way in Neopet's lifetime, it's server speed and quality has really taken a beating and Neoquest feels pretty awful to play. With each page sending out multiple small requests, the time really adds up.

This client seeks to address this issue with just plain old one HTTP GET/POST per action, no javascript, no behind the scenes multiple bs requests. Map tile images are cached in memory when they are first encountered, this is the only time there will be multiple requests per action.

This will be a progressive program, meaning I'll add things along the way as I play along, and should be completed as I finish the game.
However, I won't hold on to it until the very end because I assume that most of the functionality will be integrated part way through.

As this is not a cheating program, I am not expecting much attention, but for the people who might suddenly feel like using it in the future, you have the peace of mind knowing that this is available when you need it.  You asked for it, the bot is for cheating, and the client is for legit.

Client:

Spoiler

Bot:
Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Nonexistent, 15 July 2016 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

13 year old me would have absolutely loved this. I probably would have actually played the game.

#3 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

This version has a game breaking bug; I didn't know maps can change sizes.

Already fixed, but will be out with next update

#4 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:19 AM

I definitely would have played when I was a child if I had this...my biggest pet peeve was not bring able to just hit an arrow key to move and be able to access my inventory with the hit of a button like "I". If you added that in I probably wouldn't even use the autoplayer except for the monotonous training sessions.

#5 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

You beauty! I was thinking of replaying this to try for a minimum time, but it's so dang ponderous to load in-browser. Something like this will be wonderful

#6 Ellea

Ellea
  • 147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for this, I might actually give NQII a try now

#7 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:25 AM

I definitely would have played when I was a child if I had this...my biggest pet peeve was not bring able to just hit an arrow key to move and be able to access my inventory with the hit of a button like "I". If you added that in I probably wouldn't even use the autoplayer except for the monotonous training sessions.

Hotkeys could be added at the very end, although honestly I do not feel that their servers would permit the kind of immersion using hotkeys seems to promise

#8 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

I don't even mind if I have to keep pressing the arrow key just to send the same command...it beats having to click all the time haha

#9 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

Man, I wish I had seen this a week ago. Just finished NQ2. Onto NQ1 now.

#10 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

Now this is really awesome! And how did you figure out the maps change sizes? You mean everytime you enter some dungeon/city or something? I see no other reason why they'd change sizes  :ohwell:

#11 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

Now this is really awesome! And how did you figure out the maps change sizes? You mean everytime you enter some dungeon/city or something? I see no other reason why they'd change sizes  :ohwell:

yea, in the screenshot in op, went into my first tunnel and i got a big fat exception stack trace

#12 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

yea, in the screenshot in op, went into my first tunnel and i got a big fat exception stack trace

Ah I see :p This is a good start tbh :o Without the needless shit loading everytime this is going to be a good tool to use to attempt the race trophy :p Never tried tbh but I like this game so much. Since you're caching the map tiles do you know it would be easy to let's say make some sort of coordinates system and maybe later a auto-player? Always wanted one of those xD Neoquest (user in here) has a program for this but I don't think his advanced scripts function are working :/ So I can't really make auto-pilot scripts that would run 1 chapter fully automated and so on :p

#13 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

It sounds difficult, but interesting as well, something I'd definitely want to try

#14 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Wow, cant wait to try. I've been recently thinking about upgrading my trophy. I wish the old min times would reset or disappear when an account was iced. Its a lovely and rare trophy.  Any idea of the freeze rate on this?

Edited by neobo, 20 June 2016 - 09:34 PM.

#15 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:43 PM

I wish the old min times would reset or disappear when an account was iced. Its a lovely and rare trophy.

Me tooooooo I wish I had that trophy and more than half that list is iced

#16 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

It sounds difficult, but interesting as well, something I'd definitely want to try

Same! However my knowledge is still a bit far from that. But i'd love to try and make one :p

Wow, cant wait to try. I've been recently thinking about upgrading my trophy. I wish the old min times would reset or disappear when an account was iced. Its a lovely and rare trophy.  Any idea of the freeze rate on this?

This shouldn't even trigger any flags to be frozen tbh. Also you got the race trophy? I soooooo envy you

#17 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:15 AM

There's no such thing as an absolute zero risk when it comes to cheating of course. That said, as @GetJinxed mentioned above, this shouldn't trigger any "flags" (the stuff TNT uses to alert them to suspicious activity), because you are simply playing the game on a different interface. It's not really even, like, very cheat-y or anything.

#18 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

added an small update

#19 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

It isn't cheating at all. All you're doing is playing a game via a different interface...you're not modifying data, not sending packets, not getting any unfair advantage because it'd play pretty quick I'd imagine if you were to block nearly everything on the nq page except the game and buttons. It's no different than wow add-ons and different clients for runescape. In fact it's pretty much the exact same as the clients for runescape, just 1 server instead of 20 and no extra functionality.

#20 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

most of the core features have been implemented and should be good for any stage of the game, only two core features left are shops and inventory

#21 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

shop and inventory added

#22 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Good job :D

#23 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Thanks, I'll work on redesigning for efficiency and possibly scripting next

#24 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

That would be amazing :D This website is the one that uses the GM script and has the walking patterns :p Maybe you could implement that ^^ 

#25 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

I've decoupled the logic from the gui, what that means is that the functionality of the program are now standalone.

What that means when using with gui: it will probably be slower compared to before when I just dumped everything directly into the gui.
What that means otherwise: the functionality are now open for usage, this is where I could start working on making scripting happen.

A current description of what you can use when I start working on scripting -

• States: The logic procedure is based on states, that is, one can ask "of what state is the game currently in?". These are the states currently available:
    • Begin combat
    • End combat
    • Defeat
    • Inventory
    • Shop
    • Skills
    • Travel
  • Static links: links that never change, such as the direction buttons. These are accessible from all states, so it is up to the user to access them responsibly.
  • Dynamic links: links that are generated depending on the situation, such as upgrading a skill or using a potion. These vary according to the state.
  • Allies: a list of your heroes. Each will have the following properties: name, level, hp, exp. Some other properties are not publicly accessible.
  • Foes: same as heroes, but some properties will take no values
  • Message: the message that is available for a given state, such as dialogue, warnings, battle description.
  • Gold: the amount of gold, stored from the last state such information was available.
  • Last rest: the last resting location.
  • Map: I haven't yet decided how to represent this for practical public usage. To be announced.
  • Table: the information contained on a table, such as from shops, where all the item information are placed within cells on a table.

Obviously these are subject to change when I start working on how to manage scripting, but these should be most of all the core functionality.

Edited by Nonexistent, 09 July 2016 - 05:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neoquet ii, neoquest 2, client, no cheating, bot, automation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users