Quantcast

Photo

So I'm procrastinating and logged in here again!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:20 PM

On a whim, I checked if my login still worked...and it does

I don't know how many I know here, but I suspect that with the closing of a couple other big sites, I might spot more familiar faces than I thought.

At least....here's to hoping that somebody out here remembers me!

I've been studying for the bar exam this summer, so naturally I feel inclined to play Neopets again and procrastinate instead of catching some sleep. 

#2 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

I don't know how many I know here, but I suspect that with the closing of a couple other big sites, I might spot more familiar faces than I thought.

I've been studying for the bar exam this summer, so naturally I feel inclined to play Neopets again and procrastinate instead of catching some sleep. 

Hey, I remember you! I'd been wondering where you went :p

#3 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

Welcome back. Which state are you studying in?

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

welcome to neocodex! :pirate2: i stalk zb frequently so i recognized you. (i'm a creep)

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Hey Pry! Nice to see you come and join in the mayhem here :) If you need anything, be sure to hit me up anytime :)

#6 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

Welcome back not sure if we met im Bones or Philip either is fine

#7 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Hey, I remember you! I'd been wondering where you went :p

I stopped playing Neopets, got frozen on Flight Rising, just didn't have the energy or drive to start over again on either of them. I still don't have access to my neo accounts cuz I'm pretty much bday locked out of all of them, our forums were kinda dead, I didn't have time to Photoshop because of law school + relationship.....so my online presence kinda ...died with all that :( lol you can see me reliving my misery in this post.

But while I don't miss the gaming, I still missed talking to you all ❤ not sure if this is where everybody ended up, but it's a start.

Ps on my phone, can't multi quote :(

Welcome back. Which state are you studying in?

I'm taking the bar for New York in July! D
Oh and thank you for the welcome :)

welcome to neocodex! :pirate2: i stalk zb frequently so i recognized you. (i'm a creep)

Hehe das cool, feel free to call me pry (pronounced as pree) thank you!

Hey Pry! Nice to see you come and join in the mayhem here :) If you need anything, be sure to hit me up anytime :)

Yay familiar people ❤ damn I miss being called pry haha. Thank you, I'll hit you up if I need anything!

Welcome back not sure if we met im Bones or Philip either is fine

Sorry Philip, not ringing a bell! I was most active on SD, but have been on dz, nf and zb as well.

Nice to meet you :)

Edited by Pryanka, 20 June 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#8 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

Welcome back!!

#9 sako

sako
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

Hi pryanka. Welcome back to neocodex

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:48 AM

@Pryanka theres a few that drop in from time to time that you would recognise like @Trinket, @Ice just to name a couple. There are probably more lurking from time to time as well. :D

#11 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Good luck on your bar exam! :D

I'm new here, so you wouldn't recognize me, but I hope to get to know you as time passes on this board!

#12 Adhesive

Adhesive
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

Welcome @Pryanka , we have been waiting for you. :p

JQB7k.gif

#13 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:32 AM

Welcome back :) Glad have more faces here.

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Welcome back!

#15 Ice

Ice
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

HIIIII PRYANKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :)))) Good to see you again! <333 & good luck with the bar *____* do great things for us. LOL

#16 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

Ahhhhh, you're quite a bit ahead of me but there is finally someone else here doing law. We need to be friends. What type of law will you be going into?

#17 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hi @Ice!!! Thank you so so much, glad to see you/speak to you again!!! 

Thank you to everybody for all the welcomes too @Adhesive @ortin @KyloRen @Kitty!

@cara - Ohhhh always nice to talk to somebody interested in going to law school. 

Feel free to hit me up and chat since I've now got 20/20 Hindsight on the whole process from undergrad to LSATs to law school itself.

I've got an offer from a firm that primarily does Immigration Law, but I am trying to get into a matrimonial firm (so family law...divorces, child custody, child immigration, all that fun stuff)

#18 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Hiii welcome! Take off your pants and stay a while.

I recognize you only because I lurked ZB sometimes, don't think I managed 20 posts there though.

#19 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Hiii welcome! Take off your pants and stay a while.

I recognize you only because I lurked ZB sometimes, don't think I managed 20 posts there though.

Hehe well Codex has survived the years and kept a lot of members I remember, so I hope to stay around :)

TBH you guys had me at awards.

That Hyperactive one is my life right now with the amount of coffee I consume daily while studying!! 

#20 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

@cara - Ohhhh always nice to talk to somebody interested in going to law school. 

Feel free to hit me up and chat since I've now got 20/20 Hindsight on the whole process from undergrad to LSATs to law school itself.

I've got an offer from a firm that primarily does Immigration Law, but I am trying to get into a matrimonial firm (so family law...divorces, child custody, child immigration, all that fun stuff)

I've heard immigration law is quite interesting, though. I currently work in a family law/child protection firm and it's all very dismal. :p I'm just right before the stage of applying to law school so I might just bug you with half a million questions lol.

#21 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Immigration law is very interesting! I basically grew up working summers at an immigration firm so I know the ins and outs of it really well at this point. I just don't want to get stuck with a primarily Indian clientele because well...we cheap :'( And since I have a JD and I'm US-born, no Indian accent, etc....I'd rather work for an American firm than an Indian one (the offer I have is from an Indian immigration firm). I might try to get into corporate immigration firms though...much more lucrative since you're filing hundreds of work visas for large corps usually. I also spent a shitton of pro bono hours in law school working at our Child Advocacy Clinic and helped a bunch of clients apply for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (so child immigration)....so as much as I hate to admit it, I have a resume that would get me a job in immigration much more easily than in family law (I have a bunch of classes geared towards family law, but no internship experience in the field beyond the child advocacy clinic)

I can understand the field being dismal....working at the child advocacy clinic felt that way sometimes. The things those kids have to go through is depressing if you let yourself linger and think on it for too long. I'd be happy being a divorce lawyer and then eventually branching into trusts & estates / elder law...all stuff that revolves around legal stuff that every family will need at some point. (If not the divorce stuff, everybody wants to set up a will, set up trusts to protect their assets, etc.) 

^ And while all of that is interesting and what I want to do initially, once I get more practice in litigation, the end goal is to be an in-house counsel for a firm in the beauty industry. I'm pretty sure I know more about Loreal than Loreal knows about Loreal, for example

WOW such rambles. I don't wanna study anymore!!

@cara - feel free to hit me up whenever. No amount of questions is too much. Have you already taken the LSAT? If you haven't, get your hands on the PowerScore LSAT bibles - they are the reason I did well enough on the LSAT to get a nearly full scholarship to law school.

Edited by Pryanka, 29 June 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#22 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

Hey @Pryanka, I totally recognise you from Zombians. Don't think we've really talked, but you might have seen me around. Always cool to see other Zombians migrating to Codex :D Welcome!

#23 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hi @Generic - I remember your username, so that's something!!

@Rocket - thanks for the welcome. It's so interesting to see people who were not very active in one forum totally in their element on another forum :) 

#24 skweenet

skweenet
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

WTF is a Pryanka?

#25 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

:wub: She is all these things

Now remind me wtf your old username was