• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Anyone else play Factorio?

I stumbled upon it during the Steam recommendation lists, and decided to buy it without demoing.
Was it worth it? For me, definitely.

Guess the best way to describe it, is 2D Minecraft with Tekkit mod. Your whole goal, escape the planet using automation. It is definitely possible to beat it without automating anything, but it would be horrendously tedious and time consuming.

For anyone who likes to do logistics work, and build automated designs, I'd say take a look.
Try the demo first. They(developers) flat out said, not going on sale anytime soon. $20 is tough for a game in early access, even if stable and mod capable.

#2 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up, this actually looks like it's right up my alley. It strikes me as a super expanded and more complicated automation game like Cookie Clicker on steroids :p

Definitely gonna try out the demo.

Update: Bought it, been playing it all day and it is lovely. Honestly I'm not sure if I'll end up beating it or building super complicated stuff like you're intended to, but I'm still enjoying messing around with haphazard assembly lines.

First impression is a 7.5/10 for me, bretty solid. Just hard to justify the 25$ CAD (20$ USD I believe) for what you get.

#3 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up, this actually looks like it's right up my alley. It strikes me as a super expanded and more complicated automation game like Cookie Clicker on steroids :p

Definitely gonna try out the demo.

Update: Bought it, been playing it all day and it is lovely. Honestly I'm not sure if I'll end up beating it or building super complicated stuff like you're intended to, but I'm still enjoying messing around with haphazard assembly lines.

First impression is a 7.5/10 for me, bretty solid. Just hard to justify the 25$ CAD (20$ USD I believe) for what you get.

Warning: Automation can be fatal! Trains will not stop for people on tracks.

Yeah, it is rough for how young it is. If they do commit to some of their concepts, RTS combat and space exploration may be in its future.

If anyone else would like to watch a stream of it, I'll be playing a ton this weekend.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: factorio, automation, sandbox, logistics, building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users