Quantcast

Seven more new pokemon revealed!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...emingly-leaked/

Nintendo confirmed these to be true. What do you think of them?

#2 Hellraid

Hellraid
  • 939 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

Got to admit, I really like the design of the dragon and the fish. I didn't have to high expectations this time, but it looks good so far

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

I want more baby pokemon

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:58 AM

Got to admit, I really like the design of the dragon and the fish. I didn't have to high expectations this time, but it looks good so far

I like the dragon the best tbh. But I think it's apparent what my favorite type is.

I want more baby pokemon

Same, would make LC matches a lot more fun too.

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

That grandpa dragon though...

#6 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

The chargabug makes me sad. Really hoping galvantula would have stayed unique.

#7 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:26 AM

Jesus they look awful

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

I LOVE THE NEW ELECTRIC PUFFBALL FRIEND AND CUTIEFLY!! And I totally love grampa dragon and Vikavolt's designs too :3

That fish is fuckin ugly but every gen has its good and bad designs so what can ya do, and I'm sure there are people who love it so it all works out

Also, it looks like Cutiefly might be based off this bug and isn't just something Gamefreak made up!!

Spoiler

It's so cute what the hell!!

#9 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

Togederamu looks so cute  :wub:

#10 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

Oh shit the bugs are just hyping me up!

I WTF'ed at the grandpa dragon but I like it.

Haha they had to get the humuhumunukunukuapuaa in there. It's Hawaii's state fish btw.

#11 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

I LOVE THE NEW ELECTRIC PUFFBALL FRIEND AND CUTIEFLY!! And I totally love grampa dragon and Vikavolt's designs too :3

That fish is fuckin ugly but every gen has its good and bad designs so what can ya do, and I'm sure there are people who love it so it all works out

Also, it looks like Cutiefly might be based off this bug and isn't just something Gamefreak made up!!

Spoiler

It's so cute what the hell!!

I thought I recognized the little friend. As someone who's starting to study Entomology I feel I should have known that :p

#12 bigdix

bigdix
  • 150 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

I like the psychic fish but all the others seem kind of "meh" to me.

#13 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Grandpa dragon lol.

#14 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

Drampa is pretty funny but I wish it didn't exist :p Looks too much like a joke, it's pretty jarring. Bruxish and Charjabug are kinda neat, but I can't shake that they also look really sloppy/dumb. Togederamu is adorable but it's totally just rehashing some weird togepi/pikachu thing like Dedenne rehashed Pikachu (like the site says), so I'm disappointed with that.

I do really like Cutiefly, but I feel like it's gonna (possibly) be an early game bug type with an underwhelming evolution line. But let's hope it evolves into something cool.

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

That fuckin' fish is so dumb lol.

#16 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

Gotta admit that I'm not a fan of some of these designs. :(

The dreadlocks on the grandpa dragon is weird, Vikavolt is kinda cool, the fish is just dumb looking, I don't even know what to think about the box bug, Togederamu is the generic electric rodent and Tapu Koko looks kinda cool too.

#17 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

Ok so I disliked every single one except for Dragon Grandpa, idk about you guys but I find it rather amusing. :p

#18 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

200_s.gif

#19 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

Haha what a great comparison @blue....it has been soooo long since I've seen the Neverending story movies...makes me want to watch them again for nostalgia sake.

I'm not sure how I really feel about the new pokemon...maybe if I'd kept up on playing each generation of the game I'd be able to get behind them a bit more, but I feel like so much has changed that I'd be completely lost compared to the older generations of pokemon. The designs I feel need more tweaking to be better looking too. I like that they've added in more combo types since I used to play though, must make battles a bit more interesting and complex working with 4 different types in 2 pokes as opposed to most being a singular type. I like the versatility of multi type pokes and the complex battles that can arise from them.

#20 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

What's the meaning behind Cutifly? Sounds like Beautifly too much.

Is it just supposed be a 'cute' fly? :rolleyes:

#21 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

What's the meaning behind Cutifly? Sounds like Beautifly too much.

Is it just supposed be a 'cute' fly? :rolleyes:

Huge amounts of Pokemon names (whether they're English, Japanese, anything) are lackluster. It's been like that since the beginning. Like come on, fucking Persian? Ninetales? Surely they could have put more effort into those shitty names, pretty much any other name would have been more creative. It shouldn't be too surprising they went with something simple like Cutiefly >w>

#22 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hey now those are better than some of the older even...ekans and arbok are just the animal spelled backwards...and meowth had less thought put in than Persian for sure haha.

#23 bigdix

bigdix
  • 150 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Ekans and Arbok are great names. If you want bad, look at Golem.

#24 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

I can't be the only one that think post 3/4 gen pokemon look like complete garbage, or something a 10 year old doodled up and added fire and spikes and excessive embellishments on everything thinking it looks really kooool

The newer pokemon designs look so washed out and one dimensional, literally looks like some kids doodles, but I can't blame the designer tho, after decades he's probably flat out of ideas

These look like some uber korny fan arts with spikes and shit everywhere
Spoiler

and these are some random ass doodles
Spoiler

and wtf is this mofo
Spoiler

Edited by Nonexistent, 01 July 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#25 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:07 AM

and wtf is this mofo

Spoiler

Its based on a tapir, an animal said to eat nightmares. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users