Trump?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

A friend just shared this and I found it relevant. Batman knows all. Batman & Robin 2016.

Spoiler

No, I don't like him.

But Hilary actually scares me so I mean, lesser of two evils here.

You're completely right, and my lesser of two weevils is Hilary, but that's all the elections are anymore: voting for who we think would do the least terrible job. :(

Here's my 'in a nutshell', neither will really be able to make too much of an impact thanks to Congress, advisors, etc. BUT, one of them is going to have to TALK to the heads of other countries. Face to face. Sagan help us if it's the guy that feels the need to defend his dick size on national television.

Edited by FelisNoctua, 04 July 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#27 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

A friend just shared this and I found it relevant. Batman knows all. Batman & Robin 2016.

Spoiler

You're completely right, and my lesser of two weevils is Hilary, but that's all the elections are anymore: voting for who we think would do the least terrible job. :(

Here's my 'in a nutshell', neither will really be able to make too much of an impact thanks to Congress, advisors, etc. BUT, one of them is going to have to TALK to the heads of other countries. Face to face. Sagan help us if it's the guy that feels the need to defend his dick size on national television.

Gotta do what you gotta do for peace of mind you know? No one feels easy during this election.

I'm really hoping congress will be a safeguard against either choice.

#28 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

I agree. I don't think it's the end of America or that America will be crippled if one or the other gets chosen. But if they use executive action as much as Obama has they can at least do SOMEthing to change the shape of the US for better or for worse.

On a side-note - apparently Regan was seen as a loose cannon when he was running for president and turned out ok. But he never made so many misogynistic statements or so many with racist undertones. And when asked about his ties to the KKK he distanced himself immediately, while Trump didn't.

#29 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Everyone this time has just been terrible.

PREACH IT!!!

#30 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

I'm listening to another one of his speeches on CNN right now. One of the biggest problems with his supporters is everyone eats his lies up. No one actually digs deeper when they hear some of the preposterous things he says to see if it's actually true. He can say anything!

My dad taught me how to recognize spin in the news and always points out those argumentative "fallacies." I wish more people did that.

He is a great comedian though.

Edited by CaptainDantes, 05 July 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#31 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

How is this even a debate

He's a shit person from every angle.

He's bad for everyone. 

#32 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

Nope...can't imagine him doing this country any good. Businessmen are not going to be good for foreign policy in my eyes. I've heard so many people argue that a someone who runs a business would be good because they know money and could fix the economy...the economy isn't going to get better if they have shit foreign policy and relations. I can't imagine any other country's leadership wanting to entertain any of his antics because of the ideas he puts forth about his wall and how we need to stop allowing people into the country and whatnot. Personally can't stand the guy.

I don't think it's a debate yet really @Padme I've yet to see anyone who would willingly choose him here. Maybe someone will chime in to defend him?

#33 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

Nope...can't imagine him doing this country any good. Businessmen are not going to be good for foreign policy in my eyes. I've heard so many people argue that a someone who runs a business would be good because they know money and could fix the economy...the economy isn't going to get better if they have shit foreign policy and relations. I can't imagine any other country's leadership wanting to entertain any of his antics because of the ideas he puts forth about his wall and how we need to stop allowing people into the country and whatnot. Personally can't stand the guy.

I don't think it's a debate yet really @Padme I've yet to see anyone who would willingly choose him here. Maybe someone will chime in to defend him?

Some of his foreign policy ideas aren't so far fetched - especially when dealing with the middle east. Why not give them a taste of their own medicine? Every time they walk away from the table we make concessions - including in the Iran deal. Whereas, if we were the ones to do the walking and hiking the sanctions further - its possible they could start to make concessions. But we have been playing weak in a lot of negotiations and I think that its due to politics - they want to show that they actually accomplished something. Even if it's not the best deal we could have gotten. I wouldn't mind seeing a few businessmen at the negotiating table. Just not the presidency :p

#34 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Some of his foreign policy ideas aren't so far fetched - especially when dealing with the middle east. Why not give them a taste of their own medicine? Every time they walk away from the table we make concessions - including in the Iran deal. Whereas, if we were the ones to do the walking and hiking the sanctions further - its possible they could start to make concessions. But we have been playing weak in a lot of negotiations and I think that its due to politics - they want to show that they actually accomplished something. Even if it's not the best deal we could have gotten. I wouldn't mind seeing a few businessmen at the negotiating table. Just not the presidency :p

I can agree with that last sentiment entirely because I do feel as far as the middle east we have been too lax. Though I'd prefer right about now if the UN would say "Okay were done with this...do whatever it takes to stop this dead in its tracks," I do know it would be tough to do without civilian casualties. I do think a businessman could certainly help make the negotiations more in our favor, I'm mostly concerned with trade and the like. Nobody would want to do business with a country represented by someone who wants to kick their own out because they're foreigners.

#35 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

I know there are trump lovers here and at the very least people who are going to vote for him in the Autumn.

#36 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

Meteor 2016

#37 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

I hate Trump. I hate Hillary. I haven't decided if I will vote 3rd party for president or hate myself and vote for one of the main ticket choices... But I always vote. (Except sometimes in my local primaries since there are often only 1-3 contested spots and I didn't know the candidates)

#38 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

I hate Trump. I hate Hillary. I haven't decided if I will vote 3rd party for president or hate myself and vote for one of the main ticket choices... But I always vote. (Except sometimes in my local primaries since there are often only 1-3 contested spots and I didn't know the candidates)

I couldn't have said it any better really

#39 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

nupe no trump for me. I might just not vote :C

Exactly how he will win, definitely vote even if for unrealistic write in. Apathy helps him, hate fuels him.

#40 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

Better than lyin' Hillary leaking state secrets with her personal emails

#41 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

You can go after Clinton for POSSIBLY revealing state secrets, but you can't say that she lies more than Trump:

http://www.factcheck...tons-character/  <--- this is just the first example I could find

Can you imagine what kinds of things he'll lie about if he's president?

#42 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

I vehemently don't like Hilary because of all the lying she gotten caught in, but I think it's silly to vote for Trump because Hilary lies. Trump doesn't even lie per say, he just says absolutely anything he wants - lies, truth, random thoughts, etc. Every politician lies.

The lies are one of the main reasons I would have voted in Bernie over Hilary - Bernie seemed far more genuine - but Trump is not exactly known for using real facts anyway.

#43 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:09 PM

I will be voting/ writing in Bernie Sanders... there's no way in hell I would ever vote for Hitlery or Trump! Even if my candidate loses, at least I know I didn't help the other two win with my vote.

#44 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

I don't think that he's wrong about the wall. Any country has a right to protect its borders - and these people are coming in illegally. But I don't think he really understands that making Mexico pay for the wall will probably fail. He keeps bringing up trade and commerce as the reason Mexico will pay, but I feel like if we stop all trade with them Americans will be pissed at how many products we wouldn't have or angry at the inflated prices.

There's always Asia.

#45 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

There's always Asia.

True. But he says the same thing about companies moving manufacturing abroad to Asia. Even though it's a bit ironic that he does the same exact thing with his clothing line.

Anyways, for your viewing pleasure/displeasure

Edited by CaptainDantes, 07 July 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#46 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

True. But he says the same thing about companies moving manufacturing abroad to Asia. Even though it's a bit ironic that he does the same exact thing with his clothing line.

Anyways, for your viewing pleasure/displeasure

I don't think I understand what you mean by "trade and commerce as the reason Mexico will pay."

#47 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

I don't think I understand what you mean by "trade and commerce as the reason Mexico will pay."

He has said that the reason mexico will pay is because we send a ton of manufacturing jobs there and buy a lot of their products. So they get a ton of money from us. So if they want to keep seeing that money, they'll build the wall for us.

#48 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

He has said that the reason mexico will pay is because we send a ton of manufacturing jobs there and buy a lot of their products. So they get a ton of money from us. So if they want to keep seeing that money, they'll build the wall for us.

Oh, ok. I was thinking he could just declare the immigrants a threat under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act and seize remittances and not even bother negotiating/threatening Mexico with paying for it.

#49 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

Oh, ok. I was thinking he could just declare the immigrants a threat under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act and seize remittances and not even bother negotiating/threatening Mexico with paying for it.

I've never heard of that. But if that's a thing, I don't think Trump knows about it :p

#50 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

I've never heard of that. But if that's a thing, I don't think Trump knows about it :p

Boring reading. Basically, he could seize all assets associated with the threat and the money sent from here to there was in the billions last year, plenty to build a wall, even by US costs of gov things. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users