Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

Do you cook alot?

How often do you go out?

Whats your favorite food?

Whats your favorite food to cook?

Share them recipes guys

Funny stories?

I personally love to cook. It's fun to me. I love the idea of customizing my meal completely and saving money while doing it.

Favorite food is just steak because steak and my favorite food to cook is bacon wrapped chicken wings. Wrap em up and cook them on 325 for a couple/few hours and theyll fall off the bone. Bbq towards the last hour :D

Im hungry.

GUY FIERI

#2 Ellea

Ellea
  • 147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

Usually cooking for me goes something like, "I like all of these ingredients separately, hopefully they taste good together."

Haven't been massively disappointed with myself so far, which is nice.

#3 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Usually cooking for me goes something like, "I like all of these ingredients separately, hopefully they taste good together."

Haven't been massively disappointed with myself so far, which is nice.

I guess I get OCD with it a little bit haha

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

OMG your avatar haha

#5 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

OMG your avatar haha

BLAMMO

#6 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Do you cook alot? Yeah, cook lunches for the week for my boyfriend every sunday :) And now that my parents left to Russia forever I cook for myself too :p

How often do you go out? Once a week Daniel and I would get takeout. We love going to our local sushi train so yummy :) and the owner knows him so yay

Whats your favorite food? Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. I love everything! Except for seafood... blehhh and pork D: otherwise I love anything that grows out of our Earth.

Whats your favorite food to cook? I love cooking anything. Throw me a recipe and I will make it even better

Share them recipes guys There are too many hahahaha. Maybe one day when I am bothered.

Funny stories? Cooking is srs businezz 

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

Do you cook alot?
How often do you go out?
Share them recipes guys

Funny stories?

I don't know how I missed this thread.

I cook often, like minimum of two meals a day. Right now, I go out about once a week. I have a thousand favorite foods.

Currently, I'm on a high protein, high calorie diet, so my favorite thing to cook/eat is the thing that I can stick in the blender and drink through a straw. It's sooo much easier than chewing everything.

With my last pregnancy, I craved fried everything and made fried pickles almost every night. I'm clumsy af anyway, but managed to do it for months without incident. A few months after I gave birth, I was making pickles like normal and ended up catching the stove, a washcloth, and a stack of paper plates on fire. wtf

#8 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

I hate to admit it, but I'm actually just now starting to seriously get into cooking for myself/others.
My... now-ex spoiled me the past five years. Soooooooo much good food though. Like she could totally open her own restaurant good.

My specialty at the moment is Sheppard's Pie... or a variation of it. Which is great because that's currently my favorite home cooked meal. Try to make it at least once every other week.

Then have a super secret family recipe for these Outrageous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies that are to DIE for.

Eat out more often than we should. Maybe 2-3 times a week. 
Lately a lot of Braum's since they have some of the best burgers and ice cream. Everything is fresh there. They receive trucks daily/every other day, and we're actually only 30 minutes away from their farm.

Roommate works there so get 10% off + don't have to pay for it up front.
Good times.

Then I tend to make myself whatever at work. Been a lot of chicken, bacon, and ranch sandwiches with a side of hushpuppies lately.

lV54Ra1.jpg?1

Used to be addicted to pizza, but FINALLY (after 30 years) got semi-burnt out on it.
Well... restaurant bought pizza at least. (Exception being authentic Chicago deep dish.)
Been awhile making it myself, but it's rare for anything to beat homemade... pizza or otherwise.

Think my current fave would be American-Chinese since we have a great Chinese buffet nearby.
That or authentic Mexican. Nothing like a family owned business making my cow tongue tacos. lol

#9 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

I've cooked for 6 years professionally, last year I cooked 87 hours a week average for 10 months.
I love going out for sushi, other food tends to excited me less.
I love cooking anything braised because it's easy. fried rice can be my secret specialty that I feature only to vip guests.

working at independent upscale restos taught me a lot of basics such as sauces stocks and simple meat poultry and fish techniques that can be used universally. if you want to request a specific recipe I'll try my best to answer it otherwise here's a fun one

oxtail 2 to 3 lbs, chopped two inch thick if possible from butcher.
grab a smoking hot pan and brown all 6 sides and do it slowly since home stones aren't strong the pan temperature drops quickly.
add oil and heat up a baking tray toss in roughly chopped carrots onion whole crushed garlic and tomato paste. stir until the bottom of the pan develops a copper silky shiny layer from the paste. now add the oxtail, a bottle of malbe and top off liquid level with water ot veg/beef stock until oxtail covered.

cover with foil and toss in oven at 275 for hours. flip once every 2 hours. it's ready when the flesh is peeling off the bone and feels like a wet sponge. it varies a lot but usually 6 to 9 hours.

Attached Files

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:51 AM

I started cooking when I started secondary school, which was when I was around 10/11 I think. I got bored of my mum's dinners and wanted to be more independent, cause y'know I was starting secondary school, I wanted to be a big boy :p

I've learnt mostly through trial and error, chucking food I like together hoping it'll taste good. Burnt a whole lotta food in the process. But I like to think my chicken wraps are alright :D Nothing fancy tho. Chuck some chicken into a pan, season with some salt n pepper, when it's done chop it up into pieces, place it all onto some tortilla, chop up some lettuce onto it, add some bbq sauce, grate some cheese on top, place it under the grill for a little bit to melt the cheese, take it out and wrap it up like a burrito. Quick and tasty, you can be fancy and add red onions and shit but I like mine simple.

I rarely go out to eat but I fuck with Nandos heavily, their chicken is godly. We have a lot of farms here for fresh ingredients, not that I ever use them but the option is always there if I want to get all fancy. 

Spoiler

#11 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

I started cooking when I started secondary school, which was when I was around 10/11 I think. I got bored of my mum's dinners and wanted to be more independent, cause y'know I was starting secondary school, I wanted to be a big boy :p

I've learnt mostly through trial and error, chucking food I like together hoping it'll taste good. Burnt a whole lotta food in the process. But I like to think my chicken wraps are alright :D Nothing fancy tho. Chuck some chicken into a pan, season with some salt n pepper, when it's done chop it up into pieces, place it all onto some tortilla, chop up some lettuce onto it, add some bbq sauce, grate some cheese on top, place it under the grill for a little bit to melt the cheese, take it out and wrap it up like a burrito. Quick and tasty, you can be fancy and add red onions and shit but I like mine simple.

I rarely go out to eat but I fuck with Nandos heavily, their chicken is godly. We have a lot of farms here for fresh ingredients, not that I ever use them but the option is always there if I want to get all fancy. 

8XLSvXg.jpg

#12 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

Lately a lot of Braum's since they have some of the best burgers and ice cream. Everything is fresh there. They receive trucks daily/every other day, and we're actually only 30 minutes away from their farm.

Stocking milk at Braums is the worst job I've ever had.

#13 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:52 AM

Hey man use the coffee pot! Chef style

#14 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

I'm just going to lurk the hell out of this thread since I'm moving out soon and I'm going to need to learn how to cook for myself :p

#15 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Dude get a crock pot for real. You'll be like "wtf I was a chef this WHOLE TIME!?"

#16 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

Dude get a crock pot for real. You'll be like "wtf I was a chef this WHOLE TIME!?"

My parents have one, maybe I'll just steal theirs when I move out haha

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

My parents have one, maybe I'll just steal theirs when I move out haha

Do it. I have three. They're my most-used-non-utensil kitchen things.

#18 Dont

Dont
  • 257 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

For real though haha

#19 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

I feel like @WarezHaxor would love this thread!

I absolutely love to bake! I love to cook for my man as well! I don't like to cook for anyone else really. But baking... I am a magician! I absolutely love making triple fudgey brownies, and I may actually add some caramel into the recipe soon! We have a bake sale coming up that I want to make some things for! Mmmmmmm.

If I am cooking for my man, my favorite thing to make is Pesto pasta dish with chicken! And cheese filled garlic twists. So good!

#20 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

Do you cook alot?

How often do you go out?

• Typically, if I want to eat, I need to cook.  That's not always true, but for the most part, I like hot meals, which necessitates cooking.
  • I go out with coworkers 1-2 times a week (when I do not bring a lunch to work), and go out with my girlfriend probably 1 time a week.
  • Depends on the day.  Steak is always good.  Pizza is (generally) always good.  I've got this thing for Crab Rangoon....
  • I really like to do slow cooker dishes.  They're easy, set it and forget it dishes.  I come home 10 hours (or more) later and I've got dinner basically ready.  So, in that vein, I like to cook pulled pork or chicken, and some Asian inspired dishes.  Today, for example, I just made a 'Mongolian' chicken recipe.  Doubt it was 'Mongolian', but it tasted OK, and was easy to make.   Oh, and I'll have leftovers for days.

#21 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

Do you cook alot?
Yep. This morning I made dutch babies with lemon zest, cardamom and nutmeg. I really enjoy cooking because it's a major stress outlet for me.

How often do you go out?
Only about once or twice a week?

Whats your favorite food? Whats your favorite food to cook?
Genuinely impossible to say for both because I cook and eat so many weird things.

I try to use unique ingredients to create a twist on recipes - I make a shepherd's pie with rosemary garlic mashed potatoes, ground lamb and beef cooked with Irish Death (dark strong ale from Washington) and Cougar Gold cheese on top (made from WSU and tastes like a Dubliner). I made a savoury bread pudding from sourdough, kale, bacon, caramelized onion, potato, gorgonzola, and syrah. I did another bread pudding with rhubarb and ginger recently. I do a stir fry with a base of ginger, chili paste, and garlic with king oyster, enokitake, cloud ear, and shiitake mushrooms with baby bok choy and brined mustard greens added at the last minute. Oh, and I really, really enjoy making Indian food. I tend to do a palak aloo, aloo gobi, and I serve it on mujadara (mixing lebanese and indian but I don't care).

Almost everything I make takes a huge amount of effort. It's only fun to make food if someone else is there to eat it with me. I need validation lol

#22 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Do I cook a lot....I cook more than I dont lol. On average, I put in about 80 hours a week. I manage a staff of over 300 cooks, have 75 sous chefs under me, another 100 line cooks, and another 225 banquet chefs. I'm executive sous chef to a company that owns 15 upscale restaurants and caters weddings and events of 300+ guests. Our average catering event runs about 30k in food and labor alone.

I love my meats as far as cooking goes, hand me a cut of any form of meat and I've got you, and can guarentee you'll love every bit of it. That said, I love saute as well, I make a mean chicken francaise. I don't particularly have a preference beyond working the grill, I love baking, I love saute, and I love all the prep involved, I just shine on a char broiler though.

16 years experience in a commercial setting, 6 years managing and directing in a commercial setting. I never did culinary school, though I have worked with many cordon Bleu and culinary Institute of America grads. I've cooked with nearly every ethnicity chef, and nothing in my restaurants comes in all made up. We make EVERYTHING from scratch, from the aioli we use, salad dressings, sauces, pastas, literally everything. I demand perfection from my staff...Wouldn't you want a perfect plate if you paid $40 for just an 8oz strip or an $18 burger? I would.

You name the ingredient I've held it in my hands and cooked with it, black and white truffle, abalone, I've even cooked blowfish (NOTE:I did not serve it to customers as that's illegal, you must be certified in the preparation of blowfish in order to serve it to a paying customer, as the poison glands are easily ruptured and will kill a full grown adult in no time)

As far as recipes go...I've got a book case of recipes I've either come up with myself, served in the restaurants, or learned from my mentors. I travel once a year for trainings in new meals and new techniques, I handle the menus across all the restaurants, I come up with the catering menus and I personally handle the training of my staff. Anything you're unsure of how to use or how to cook, or just have an idea and need some tips or a recipe, ask away and I'll provide what I can.

Thank you @Meowish for the tag and bringing this thread to my attention!

#23 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

You are welcome @WarezHaxor I figured you would enjoy it! :)

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

You name the ingredient I've held it in my hands and cooked with it, black and white truffle, abalone, I've even cooked blowfish (NOTE:I did not serve it to customers as that's illegal, you must be certified in the preparation of blowfish in order to serve it to a paying customer, as the poison glands are easily ruptured and will kill a full grown adult in no time)

Did you eat it yourself?

#25 Bendyounet

Bendyounet
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:32 AM

I don't cook a lot, 'cause i'm so lazy  :lol2: But when I do, I do it well. For example, I cooked Bentos yesterday, and it was really good and cute ! ** 

Look !

Spoiler

Edited by Bendyounet, 23 August 2016 - 05:33 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ambrosia, honey ham, bbq chix, nilla wafers, cheesecake, bacon wrapped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users