Photo

Hi, new, just wondering...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

how impartial is the neo community here?

Seems like all the official/listed fan-sites & the subreddit stone/downvote you to oblivion if you dare say anything negative about their precious TNT. The subreddit mob mentality & the neoboard's trigger happy use of the Auto Contact Form: Abuse Report is a frighting thing.

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

Seems like all the official/listed fan-sites & the subreddit stone/downvote you to oblivion if you dare say anything negative about their precious TNT. The subreddit mob mentality & the neoboard's trigger happy use of the Auto Contact Form: Abuse Report is a frighting thing.

Welcome to Codex!

You'll find that, as a cheating community, we're not very partial towards our dear JS hehehe. Although we still do have our own rules and culture of course, as with any other place.

If you need help with anything, feel free to check out our Guides Directory as well: http://www.neocodex....uide-directory/

Should help you, like, get back or stick it up to "precious" TNT, if that's what you're interested in. :D

#3 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Welcome to Codex! Most people on these cheating communities either don't care or dislike Jumpstart :p

Honestly I think most Neopets players in general dislike JS, they just don't say it as much. And people on Reddit are usually pretty fanatical, so most people vocally support whatever they're interested in.

#4 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:26 PM

@HiMyNameIsJunjie

Good stuff, I've never really cared if people cheat or not. I mean if it makes the site enjoyable for you & you aren't messing with other people accounts, then who cares? I got a really good laugh back during the duplication glitch. The site is dying, it was so nice to see people finally being able to complete their goals/wishlist/avatar/collections. The only ones who were upset were the special snowflakes that no longer had exclusive unobtainable pixel items.

I am pissed that back when the missing/inventory glitch appeared asking for help on their boards lead to my instant iced because someone? a mod? decided the Auto Contact Form was the best thing ever. Sigh still waiting on support to reply 6 months later :/ And I'm sure you're all aware of the laglitchfest that just took place over the long weekend. Went to the boards again to only to have my temp main iced. This second time might have been my fault though, discussion got heated and i use an exasperation (like ohmygod or goodgrief) of the battleduck smilies + ing "well that a ducking expensive lesson."

So now I'm salty :D

@Generic

Really? I've found the subreddit to be a place of cowards. They have the anonymous power to hate without it (publicly) linking back to them. So many posts that are even the slight bit negative gets downvoted.

Edited by Finnman, 06 July 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#5 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

What? Lol

The head mod is a cheater and created one of the most popular score sending programs there is. (Even has a history with this website as well)

Sounds like someone is just salty

Let me guess, you're the one who claimed earlier this morning to have gotten frozen for "posting a board about the glitches" which we all known is a lie. You don't get frozen for posting boards like that.

You're probably just mad you got caught cheating. Be smarter

Edited by Florg, 06 July 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#6 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

What? Lol

The head mod is a cheater and created one of the most popular score sending programs there is. (Even has a history with this website as well)

Let me guess, you're the one who claimed earlier this morning to have gotten frozen for "posting a board about the glitches" which we all known is a lie. You don't get frozen for posting boards like that.

No idea what board you're talking about. Someone pointed out that the reason i was frozen is probably because of implied swearing.

#7 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

What? Lol

That was a little defensive, chill on the new guy man :p I didn't notice anything offensive in what @Finnman said. And I saw the thread he posted on r/Neopets, it sounds like he just got banned for saying "battleduck.gif-ing" because I guess that can be seen as trying to get around filters.

Neopets filters are weird. The fact that you can't say "grape," a pet color, because it has the word "rape" in it is ridiculous. I've had some fun messing around with/trying to get around the filters in the past though.

#8 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

@Generic

I surprised you saw it, I've been downvoted enough times to be hidden lol. Time to amass as much negative karma as possible! ;)

They are, aren't they? skills, snowballs, peanuts, basement, circumstance, uncle (which still baffles me) to name a few others. It's a choice, to either blindly obey questionable authority/rules or to test limit of your ingenuity. How do you know where the line is if you don't try to find it?

Anyways full disclosure for those who have time to waste:

Spoiler

Edited by Finnman, 06 July 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#9 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:18 AM

No idea what board you're talking about. Someone pointed out that the reason i was frozen is probably because of implied swearing.

So you were frozen for a completely legitimate reason and you're angry?

I just think it's hilarious you tried to claim the Subreddit is some place where everyone dances around TNT and sings their praise. You must be new to that community because it's one of the places most critical of the staff.

Now I will agree the mentality of the subreddit has went to shit because of 1) A bunch of kids who band together and harass anyone they don't agree with or their friends don't like and 2) The members of cK who spy, cause drama in PMs and try to out each other as cheaters

#10 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

anyways back on track.......

I think JS is trying to do a bit more these days on postings on the boards.  I have seen boards vanish within moments of being put up which shows that JS are a bit more active in this area.  I have myself have had warnings 2 times who using a different word to get around the neofilters.  It sucks and I hope you manage to get your account back.

#11 quailione

quailione
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:27 AM

I saw your reddit thread. You were downvoted because, although you're right about JS having bad customer support, etc., you sounded entitled and in this case, in the wrong.

Obviously if you're typing "ducking" on the boards in the same context as the word "fucking" would be used, you're evading the chat filters and up for an icing.

Saying that "ducking wasn't supposed to be fucking! It was meant to be oh my gosh!" is just a cheap copout. 

#12 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

@Florg

I just needed a place to vent, it's out of my system now so if I was iced then fine. I do appreciate your candor, if someone has a problem with me I much rather confront me head on about it rather than attacking from the shadows. Relativity new, I've been lurking long before my posts, so I've see what happens when some anon gets triggered by a post they don't like. What's cK?

@Bones

The newbies board are funny like that, you might actually get some stuff under the radar if they aren't paying attention the time you post it.

@quailione

Fair enough, My friends & I say ducking as a swear replacement in RL. His kids are none the wiser, so I stand by itI guess it works better being said than typed. Again i just needed a place to vent, it's out of my system now so if i was iced then fine.

#13 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Man things like that are why most of us ended up in the cheating community to begin with.

I feel like using ducking to get around filters should have gotten you a warning, not an icing? 

I haven't used Neoboards in years though because there are just too many report-happy people and I don't like interacting with the community on Neo enough to risk that. Also, in the last few years, there really hasn't been any fun in it. That way, I avoid the risk of being iced for saying something that offends somebody on the boards and also if people see my profile and think anything looks suspicious...which I don't think it should, but I just don't trust anybody not to report me for the hell of it O.o I'm paranoid aF when it comes to Neo now so I pretty much do my dailies and log into my sides once a year or two haha.

#14 Finnman

Finnman
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

@Pryanka

I totally agree, it's like they're trying to alienate as many players as possible. I feel like TNT has this superiority complex that developed at the height of neo's popularity. They still don't realize that they can't afford to keep being so trigger happy and looking down on players for minor infractions. 

Mhmm, Neo is the only game where players have to find an offsite/anon community in order to enjoy the site with other players. Neo(the boards in particular) really attracts a certain type doesn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users