Quantcast

Photo

Pokémon Go FAQ, Help, & Showing off your Catches!

pokémongo pokémon pokéball gotta catchem all

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#301 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:36 AM

Is it better to level up many pidgeys to a pidgeotto, or keep discarding pidgeys so you can evolve pidgeotto to a pidgeot? Didn't know if that third tier gave more XP, or if it was proportional.

Pidgeys to pidgeottos while lucky egg is active is best. All evolutions give the same amount of exp despite the amount of candies used. Caterpies and Weedles can also work.

OMG, yes I think everyone holding their phone is playing too. Sounds delusional but in this case I truly believe they are

So if I use incense, do I have to be walking around? Or can I take a break from walking/hatching and sit on my couch, light up and wait for the wildlings to come to me?

You can stay in one spot, not sure how much of a variety you'll get but I know pokemon continuously come to you since my coworkers did it while we were at work and our store isn't by a stop so no way a lure helped them.

#302 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:25 AM

Went on a 5km stroll in the morning to hatch eggs (Voltorb & Goldeen), caught a Ryhorn and a Staryu and a bunch of trading crap :p 

Going to see if tracking through the woods nearby has different pokemon.

#303 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:27 AM

Pokémon GO fans, as we continue to make Pokémon GO available to countries around the world, we cannot thank you enough for your support. Tonight we made ‪#‎PokemonGO‬ available in Germany. We will make it available to more countries in the coming days. We want to provide every Trainer with the best experience possible and appreciate your continued support. We recently updated the Pokémon GO software as well. In general, we have focused on making Pokémon GO more stable with the following improvements:

- Trainers do not to have to enter their username and password repeatedly after a force log out.
- Increased server stability.
- Resolved many issues causing crashes.
- Rectified iOS permissions.
- Pokémon Trainer Club login issues resolved.

Again, we are humbled by the overwhelming response. Thank you!

On the official FB page.

Europe should be getting them first after Germany.

Still have to wait for Asia...

Edited by Ka1, 13 July 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#304 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

Pidgeys to pidgeottos while lucky egg is active is best. All evolutions give the same amount of exp despite the amount of candies used. Caterpies and Weedles can also work.

Good to know. I was thinking I would get more for evolving up to a Pigeot, but I will start evolving all my Pidgeys, Caterpies, Weedles, etc. 

I went out last night to walk to expedite my egg hatching, and as soon as I got 100 yards from the driveway, I started having server issues. I was so eager to get out, find some new pokemon, and walk some kilometers, and then that happened. Needless to say my day was ruined.

#305 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

http://nypost.com/20...ting-boyfriend/

#306 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

Okay I surrender, I'm gonna risk the ban and just install the APK. I'm way too hyped to wait for this Canadian release, it's taking forever.

#307 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

There is a manual update available for the app.

Probably has to do with what @Ka1 posted.

#308 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

Lmao this is amazing. As most of you may know, the Olympic Games will happen here in Brazil. In Rio de Janeiro, especifically.

So, Rio's mayor posted today in his facebook page "Hey Nintendo! We're 23 days away from Rio Olympic Games 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too! #Rio2016 #PokemonGoInBrazil"

:lol2: let's just hope they listen!

#309 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

Lmao this is amazing. As most of you may know, the Olympic Games will happen here in Brazil. In Rio de Janeiro, especifically.

So, Rio's mayor posted today in his facebook page "Hey Nintendo! We're 23 days away from Rio Olympic Games 2016. The whole world is coming here. Come too! #Rio2016 #PokemonGoInBrazil"

:lol2: let's just hope they listen!

I've always wanted to catch a Zika

#310 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

I've always wanted to catch a Zika

Not if you get mugged first!

#311 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Should all Pokemon Go related stuff be posted here? I wanted to create a thread about what Pokemon are most common in your area, but I don't know if that'd be counted as a duplicate thread.

#312 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Should all Pokemon Go related stuff be posted here? I wanted to create a thread about what Pokemon are most common in your area, but I don't know if that'd be counted as a duplicate thread.

If we all lived close by together could I see a thread like that being beneficial.

If anything just join your communities FB group dedicated to the game instead, I've found that to be most useful

#313 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

@blue it seems there's quite a few Arizonians. We could have a squad of pokehunters.

I don't know how much the local region affect available pokemon, but I've seen Growlithe, Sandshrew and Ekans out the wazoo.

#314 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

If we all lived close by together could I see a thread like that being beneficial.

If anything just join your communities FB group dedicated to the game instead, I've found that to be most useful

I'm really just curious to hear who got lucky and who got unlucky with what's common in their area. Like for example, I have Drowsee's bloody everywhere. Like, more common than Pidgeys. Even two of the 3 gyms I've seen have Hypno's in them. Like damn :p

#315 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

https://www.buzzfeed...zZy#.tgpXLowzZy

If anyone new wants a pikachu as a starter peep this page

#316 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

Update: Used some incense, caught 6 Drowzee's. Such is life. I have 70 Drowzee candy and I just installed the app today.

https://www.reddit.c...nto_feels_like/

#317 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

Seen 71, Caught 70. Level 19, Strongest is a 1642 CP Arcanine :3 

#318 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

Pokémon Go is out in the UK!

#319 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

Pokémon Go is out in the UK!

Yup! I literally just downloaded it. Now for someone to tell me what it's all about so that I can get in on the hype...  :rolleyes:

#320 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

Here is a tip for training your team's gym in order to make room for your own Pokemon. It will be added to the OP.

What is the easiest method of adding my own Pokemon into a Gym that already has some of my team's Pokemon in it?

As long as the gym isn't capped at Level 10 then you will have the opportunity to add your own Pokemon in by training. Hopefully you have a Pokemon that is able to at least defeat the first Pokemon at the Gym because that is essential. Battle the Pokemon defeat it and as soon as you get to the Pokemon that you can't defeat either due to the CP of it being too high or you are running low on HP use the 'Run Away' button, bottom right of your screen that looks like a Pedestrian symbol as quickly as possible. Heal up your Pokemon and rinse and repeat until the Level of the gym gets high enough where you can add your own Pokemon into the gym. Note that the Gym will gain more Prestige/HP if your Pokemon that you are training with is lower or almost equivalent to the CP of the Pokemon you are defeating. The higher the Gym's Level is the more Prestige/HP you will need to add in order to make room for your Pokemon. Hopefully the Pokemon that you choose to leave at the Gym isn't lower than what you've been defeating because once rival Gym members try to take it over it'll be the first to go.

What coordinated groups do is put a lower CP Pokemon as the first Pokemon and they continuously defeat that one Pokemon to raise the Level/HP of the gym to very high levels before adding their Pokemon. Usually they'll get it to Level 7 or so, since groups usually consist of just a bunch of friends who can fit into one or two cars.

Just hope that you are the only one in the area while you're training because other team members can and probably will take the open slot if it becomes available. And if you notice the Prestige/HP of your Gym going down you may as well stop because other teams are battling at the gym and it is much easier to take the Prestige/HP of the Gym down than to build it up.

--------

I'm unsure if this method can also work for taking down rival Gyms since I don't know if running away while you are battling another gym will add Prestige/HP to the gym or not because it may count as a Win for them.

#321 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

--------

I'm unsure if this method can also work for taking down rival Gyms since I don't know if running away while you are battling another gym will add Prestige/HP to the gym or not because it may count as a Win for them.

It does! Your lineup of 6 just needs to be strong enough to defeat the first defender. They will take -500 gym prestige for every defender you defeat but you dont need to win fighting them all at once.  My area is crawling with team valor groups, theres a gym nearby that was raised to 8 with this method. I took it back down in this way. Battle the first 1 or 2 defenders then run. I am loaded with revives but very low on potions so I revive and go back in with my team, low hp/half hp, whatever. After I took down all their hard work I threw in a low CR defender and left. They might hate me. 

unrelated but, TIL:

pokemon-nearby-2.jpg

Edited by 0ryx, 14 July 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#322 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

Some of my stats and highest CP pets!

Spoiler

#323 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

It does! Your lineup of 6 just needs to be strong enough to defeat the first defender. They will take -500 gym prestige for every defender you defeat but you dont need to win fighting them all at once.  My area is crawling with team valor groups, theres a gym nearby that was raised to 8 with this method. I took it back down in this way. Battle the first 1 or 2 defenders then run. I am loaded with revives but very low on potions so I revive and go back in with my team, low hp/half hp, whatever. After I took down all their hard work I threw in a low CR defender and left. They might hate me. 

unrelated but, TIL:Snip

Good to know, thanks!

Lul I assumed everyone knew that pic.

#324 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

Yay it's officially out in Belgium, not that most people hadn't downloaded it already. Level 11 and I just caught a 600 CP Pidgeot. It's the first I've come across with ??? as CP. Does anyone know if there's a way to find these more often? Or is it completely random. 

#325 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:09 AM

Yay it's officially out in Belgium, not that most people hadn't downloaded it already. Level 11 and I just caught a 600 CP Pidgeot. It's the first I've come across with ??? as CP. Does anyone know if there's a way to find these more often? Or is it completely random.

Completely random and I haven't seen question marks since the lower levels TBH.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokémongo, pokémon, pokéball, gotta catchem, all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users