• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:43 AM

There are so many different ways to make people laugh and some people have made their career out of trying. I am so curious to know which comedic actors you guys rate as awesome, and which ones you hate. There was some discussion a while back about the new ghostbusters film, which sparked some of my interest. I am not so much interested in people who only do stand up comedy, but more in comic actors who appear in sketch shows and in the media.

I am personally enjoy Julie Waters, Richard Mulligan, Miranda Hart, Frank Woodly, Hamish Blake and Victoria Wood. There are loads more that i like, but those ones come to mind the fastest. I cant think of many that i hate, because i don't watch things that i hate lol.

Point me towards your favorite things and let me know your whys. 

I you're completely stuck for people to judge- Melissa McCarthy, Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Miranda Hart, Victoria Wood, Hugh Laurie, Steven Fry, Catherine Tate, Rebel Wilson, Steve Martin, Steve Carrel, Ricky Gervais.... that should get you started, and feel free to add your own.

Broaden my knowledge and enlighten me with your opinion. :)

**It's bed time for me, but i'll poof back tomorrow and read your thoughts. :)

#2 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:10 AM

I really like Dave Chappelle, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler, although they haven't been involved in anything worth mentioning for a while.

As far as dislikes, I have never understood the hype around Kevin Hart and Dane Cook. 

Also, I really like Daniel Tosh, but he's just a comedian and not an actor.

#3 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

I don't like Jim Carrey. I'm aware I'm a huge minority.

#4 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

I really like Dave Chappelle, Will Ferrell, and Adam Sandler, although they haven't been involved in anything worth mentioning for a while.

What do you like about them?

I don't like Jim Carrey.

Why's that? :)

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

I don't care for Louis CK

Spoiler

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

I don't like Jim Carrey. I'm aware I'm a huge minority.

I'm with mozzarella person on this one. Jim Carrey usually plays roles where he acts like an absolute idiot, and I don't find his shenanigans to be entertaining. 

#7 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

I love Jim Carrey. He can play super real roles too, he just has sorta been type cast, because he is hilariously good at overacting. But, Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind is amazing. 

I also like Jim Gaffigan. Actually, I love that guy.

#8 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:00 PM

I love Jim Carrey, but my appreciation for him is biased because I grew up looking at him in mid-90s movies. :p

I also like Steve Carell, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Robin Williams.

I'm not such a fan of Zach Galifinakis, Jack Black, or Sacha Baron Cohen.

#9 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

I just done like him. He's not funny, he's ridiculous. His punchable face doesn't help.

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:16 AM

I'm with mozzarella person on this one. Jim Carrey usually plays roles where he acts like an absolute idiot, and I don't find his shenanigans to be entertaining. 

I just done like him. He's not funny, he's ridiculous. His punchable face doesn't help.

Fair enough :)

I love Jim Carrey. He can play super real roles too, he just has sorta been type cast, because he is hilariously good at overacting. But, Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind is amazing. 

I also like Jim Gaffigan. Actually, I love that guy.

Oh, i will have to watch out for Jim Gaffigan. Do you have a favorite link?

I love Jim Carrey, but my appreciation for him is biased because I grew up looking at him in mid-90s movies. :p

I also like Steve Carell, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Robin Williams.

I'm not such a fan of Zach Galifinakis, Jack Black, or Sacha Baron Cohen.

I heart Steve Carell and Robin Williams too. I cant believe that i didn't include Robin in my faves. lol.

I am not a huge fan of jack black either. :) 

#11 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:59 AM

Dave Chappelle is hard for me to describe. I loved his show, I love his standups, and I was fortunate enough to get to see him perform live on my birthday a couple years ago. Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler are a little different. I do tend to favor comics that came out of that Saturday Night Live era, such as Chris Rock who someone else mentioned, but it's a shame they haven't done much lately. I enjoyed Funny People by Sandler (2009) but aside from that, he hasn't made anything I've cared for since the early 2000's. I like Zach Galifianakis as well, but he was born not too far from me, so I have to support a hometown guy.

#12 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:25 PM

Even though she's not an actual comedian i do like Mila Kunis better as a comedy actress than when she tries to do serious roles.

As far as comedians I like. I like Katt Williams, Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Paul Mooney, Chris Rock, and Chris Hardwick. Most of the comedians I really liked are dead. I can't really think of any comedians I actually hate rn. I either find them funny occasionally or I don't care about them one way or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users