• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#401 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

I'm sure garbage states like Texas, and all their righteous holy fury from the lort himself, love seeing boobs used for what nature intended.

#402 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

It seems like I'm being misunderstood.  I'm considering posting pictures of women topless so that I will get a warning and you guys will know what I'm talking about.  Naked breasts are not made into something different just because a baby is posed in front of them.

#403 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

It seems like I'm being misunderstood. I'm considering posting pictures of women topless so that I will get a warning and you guys will know what I'm talking about. Naked breasts are not made into something different just because a baby is posed in front of them.

For me, I feel like it comes down to what you’re comfortable with seeing and what you’re not. For example, I would get uncomfortable seeing certain people’s bare backs. I would find some of them repulsive. In fact, I often do when at the beach. It’s not because I’ve sexualized backs, I just find some of them extremely unappealing to look at. If you’re not comfortable with seeing bare breasts, regardless of the baby, that’s your own preference and I think that’s totally fair and reasonable.

#404 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

For me, I feel like it comes down to what you’re comfortable with seeing and what you’re not. For example, I would get uncomfortable seeing certain people’s bare backs. I would find some of them repulsive. In fact, I often do when at the beach. It’s not because I’ve sexualized backs, I just find some of them extremely unappealing to look at. If you’re not comfortable with seeing bare breasts, regardless of the baby, that’s your own preference and I think that’s totally fair and reasonable.

It’s not about not being comfortable seeing breasts for me. I love tits. Show me all the tits. But pictures of tits with a baby in front of them, where I can see the entire nipple and everything and the baby’ there smiling or sleeping or whatever, that’s different. That, to me, is a more intimate picture. Not a more sexual picture necessarily, but more intimate. When I see these pictures posted by women on social media, I see them like, here’s a picture of my tits because if there’s a baby in the same picture no one can say anything, yaaah freethenipple whee hashtag feminism. It’s not that it makes me uncomfortable, it’s more like I feel like women are taking advantage of their babies to post pictures of their tits because it’s controversial and it makes them feel powerful.

This isn’t a huge thing for me, and I’m totally fine with most of the breastfeeding pictures out there. I’m not offended by people breastfeeding around me and have breastfed in front of other people. But if I had to be fully topless like Jess, I probably wouldn’t go completely bare like that in the waiting room of a doctors office, or at my desk at work, etc. I don’t want my father to see my tits. I don’t want my boss to see my tits. There are a lot of people I don’t want to see my tits. Adding a baby to picture of my tits would not make me ok with the idea of these people seeing them.

I guess when I said “babies attached to the ends of them” I should have said “babies included as an afterthought” or “babies included to make the picture ok”.

Fucksake I need to stop trying to explain myself. It doesn’t matter if you all understand what I’m trying to say I’m just pissed that Kate got so much epeen for disagreeing with something that I feel isn’t even what I’m saying.

#405 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

Where are the adults of which you speak,  they are still filing petitions to cover up the brass boobs on the local statues.

I tried to look it up and all I found was an article about some officials deciding to cover up statues in a museum in Rome while the Iran leader visited. Of which there was huge backlash from the Italian people on social media. Point me in the right direction because I don't think a few officials can really count as lots. Obviously the support those adults filling out petitions to cover up statue titties have must be overwhelming for it to not show up when I try looking for it.

Buzzfeed? 
I personally know plenty of grown adults who think women should cover their breasts when nursing or even nurse in the bathroom.

Okay, I'm not saying there aren't people out there that don't cringe. I'm just trying to say I don't think theres a huge amount that feel that way. You're not wrong at all, lots can be seen as 10 people, 100 people, 1000 people etc. I'm looking at the bigger picture of support for it, in Britain anyway, it might be a different story over the waters.

My brain saw the word lots and interpreted it as the majority, so that one's on me. 

#406 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

It’s not about not being comfortable seeing breasts for me. I love tits. Show me all the tits. But pictures of tits with a baby in front of them, where I can see the entire nipple and everything and the baby’ there smiling or sleeping or whatever, that’s different. That, to me, is a more intimate picture. Not a more sexual picture necessarily, but more intimate. When I see these pictures posted by women on social media, I see them like, here’s a picture of my tits because if there’s a baby in the same picture no one can say anything, yaaah freethenipple whee hashtag feminism. It’s not that it makes me uncomfortable, it’s more like I feel like women are taking advantage of their babies to post pictures of their tits because it’s controversial and it makes them feel powerful.

This isn’t a huge thing for me, and I’m totally fine with most of the breastfeeding pictures out there. I’m not offended by people breastfeeding around me and have breastfed in front of other people. But if I had to be fully topless like Jess, I probably wouldn’t go completely bare like that in the waiting room of a doctors office, or at my desk at work, etc. I don’t want my father to see my tits. I don’t want my boss to see my tits. There are a lot of people I don’t want to see my tits. Adding a baby to picture of my tits would not make me ok with the idea of these people seeing them.

I guess when I said “babies attached to the ends of them” I should have said “babies included as an afterthought” or “babies included to make the picture ok”.

Fucksake I need to stop trying to explain myself. It doesn’t matter if you all understand what I’m trying to say I’m just pissed that Kate got so much epeen for disagreeing with something that I feel isn’t even what I’m saying.

Ahhh okay. I see where you're coming from. And even if I didn't, I think the entire point of this topic is not having to justify your opinions. I was just saying that I personally get uncomfortable with seeing people's naked bodies in public. But that being said, I don't want to get into a debate about how everyone is beautiful and it shouldn't make me uncomfortable. So maybe just disregard the post that was disagreeing with what they thought you said.

#407 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

Yikes.. Sorry? :/

I tried to look it up and all I found was an article about some officials deciding to cover up statues in a museum in Rome while the Iran leader visited. Of which there was huge backlash from the Italian people on social media. Point me in the right direction because I don't think a few officials can really count as lots. Obviously the support those adults filling out petitions to cover up statue titties have must be overwhelming for it to not show up when I try looking for it.

Okay, I'm not saying there aren't people out there that don't cringe. I'm just trying to say I don't think theres a huge amount that feel that way. You're not wrong at all, lots can be seen as 10 people, 100 people, 1000 people etc. I'm looking at the bigger picture of support for it, in Britain anyway, it might be a different story over the waters.

My brain saw the word lots and interpreted it as the majority, so that one's on me. 

I get what you're saying! It's like @Romy said, in LA it's not something he's witnessed much (or at all), but it's important to note I do live in the Bible Belt of Canada lol.

#408 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Yikes.. Sorry? :/

I get what you're saying! It's like @Romy said, in LA it's not something he's witnessed much (or at all), but it's important to note I do live in the Bible Belt of Canada lol.

If not for the Bible Belt, the nation's pants would fall down.

#409 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

I love tits. Show me all the tits. 

Spoiler

Risky click of the day?

#410 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:42 AM

I beg to differ :p

#411 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

Religion is garbage.

#412 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Religion is garbage.

I am alive because of religion.  Are you calling me garbage?

#413 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

He said religion is garbage. You are not a religion.

#414 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

Uh...I guess if you are religion, then yes (?)

I can't wait to read your explanation.

#415 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:14 PM

He said religion is garbage. You are not a religion.

I am alive because of religion.  If all religion is garbage than you are saying my life is garbage because I owe my life to another's faith.

#416 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

I am alive because of religion.  If all religion is garbage than you are saying my life is garbage because I owe my life to another's faith.

696.jpg

#417 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Whatever,  but you're perfectly ok in "All religion is garbage".  Right.

#418 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

Yep, you hit the nail right on the head :D. You did it! 

In all seriousness, if you don't mind me asking, how are you alive because of someones faith?

#419 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Whatever,  but you're perfectly ok in "All religion is garbage".  Right.

This is a thread called unpopular opinions. Further, the OP said:

I'd like to make a disclaimer, that a lot of us have differing opinions and if you don't agree with someone, just ignore it and move on. You don't have to comment.

Perhaps you should check out the debate section, or avoid topics such as this one if you feel obliged to respond to posts you find offensive.

#420 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

This is a thread called unpopular opinions. Further, the OP said:

Perhaps you should check out the debate section, or avoid topics such as this one if you feel obliged to respond to posts you find offensive.

I find this post offensive. 

#421 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

I give you special permission to reply to all my offensive posts. But only you.

#422 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

I give you special permission to reply to all my offensive posts. But only you.

I will not abuse this honor you have bestowed upon me.

#423 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

I will not abuse this honor you have bestowed upon me.

I may or may not purposely post offensive things now.  :ninja:

#424 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

Me too. 

#425 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts