unpopular opinion scot

• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#476 NulVote

NulVote
  • 519 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

I believe that cis men are almost never slut shamed.  

#477 Swar

Swar
  • com muito orgulho, com muito amor <3

• 9,245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

I believe that cis men are almost never slut shamed.  

I don't think that's really an unpopular opinion. Honestly it's almost a fact lmao

#478 Dorea

Dorea
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

"Free" healthcare isn't all that great.

#479 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Let's get this going again.

I think there is a decent percentage of people who self diagnose their mental illness in order to garner sympathy.

The amount of people that say they have ADD or ADHD or OCD but have never gone to a doctor is mind boggling. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE IT IF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL HASN'T TOLD YOU.

Motherfuckers do it for attention. 

#480 Swar

Swar

• 9,245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Let's get this going again.

I think there is a decent percentage of people who self diagnose their mental illness in order to garner sympathy.

The amount of people that say they have ADD or ADHD or OCD but have never gone to a doctor is mind boggling. HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE IT IF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL HASN'T TOLD YOU.

Motherfuckers do it for attention. 

That's so true. And it doesn't help with the stigma of mental illnesses at all - maybe even makes it worse.

#481 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 3,995 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

I think some people post shit-ass opinions that are not remotely validated by facts, that ignore the nuance of socioeconomic structures and varying levels of privilege, for attention. Opinions are for flavors and colors, not the marginalization of human beings.

#482 Swar

Swar

• 9,245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

Poop is not that gross.

#483 Romy

Romy

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

That's so true. And it doesn't help with the stigma of mental illnesses at all - maybe even makes it worse.

There are people that legitimately need treatment for their conditions and these people trivialize what they go through.
OCD isn't wanting to keep your area clean, OCD is having to open and close your bedroom door 150 times every morning because you think something bad will happen if you don't.

I think some people post shit-ass opinions that are not remotely validated by facts, that ignore the nuance of socioeconomic structures and varying levels of privilege, for attention. Opinions are for flavors and colors, not the marginalization of human beings.

Can't tell if this is a dig at what I said. If it is, confront me head on instead of being passive aggressive. People respect you more for that.

#484 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,468 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

Opinions are for flavors and colors, not the marginalization of human beings.

Is that opinion validated by facts?

#485 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 749 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:28 AM

You're all whiny and annoying.

#486 Romy

Romy

• 4,826 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

You're all whiny and annoying.

I always thought of you as Codex's grumpy uncle.

Like Clint Eastwood but not crazy. Just ornery.

#487 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1,759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

A preponderance of emotional support animals should absolutely not be labeled as such, they just do it for benefits (having a pet in a pet free apartment, not paying for pet on plane, etc) and it gives a stigma to owners of actual service animals.

There are people that legitimately need treatment for their conditions and these people trivialize what they go through.
OCD isn't wanting to keep your area clean, OCD is having to open and close your bedroom door 150 times every morning because you think something bad will happen if you don't.

Yeah,there is a thing called obsessive compulsive personality disorder which is more like the "I have to have clean stuff" which is very different than the intrusive thoughts and behaviors of OCD. Also, I hate people that use things as an excuse in general. Especially if it is not a real diagnosis. Like if someone says "I can't help that I am obnoxious, i have ADHD" first of all, you can help it, it is just more difficult. Second, if you haven't seen a doctor for it, you can't claim to have ADHD 

#488 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,546 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

A preponderance of emotional support animals should absolutely not be labeled as such, they just do it for benefits (having a pet in a pet free apartment, not paying for pet on plane, etc) and it gives a stigma to owners of actual service animals.

Yeah,there is a thing called obsessive compulsive personality disorder which is more like the "I have to have clean stuff" which is very different than the intrusive thoughts and behaviors of OCD. Also, I hate people that use things as an excuse in general. Especially if it is not a real diagnosis. Like if someone says "I can't help that I am obnoxious, i have ADHD" first of all, you can help it, it is just more difficult. Second, if you haven't seen a doctor for it, you can't claim to have ADHD 

You just described someone very close to me. Every day, and I mean EVERY day, they post things on facebook about having OCD and needing to clean things. They have no 'ticks', nor intrusive thoughts...they just like things being clean. They have no rituals other than vacuuming every other day, and washing the dishes every day, but yet they have "OCD". People who do this really don't help those who actually have OCD one bit, and I feel bad about it.

#489 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9,186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Yeah being anal != having OCD.

Fuckin' HATE IT when people go "I just haaaaaave to clean my dishes every day. I must have OH SEE DEEEEE."

#490 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 749 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

and washing the dishes every day

Fuckin' HATE IT when people go "I just haaaaaave to clean my dishes every day. I must have OH SEE DEEEEE."

Isn't this the norm?

#491 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9,186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Isn't this the norm?

It should be.

The definition of OCD has been deluded so much that people like to attribute it to doing anything more often than their peers.

#492 NulVote

NulVote
  • 519 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Conversely,  Aunt M can't fall asleep with a single dirty dish in the sink. 

#493 Salade

Salade
  • 548 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

I like China.

#494 eCosS

eCosS
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

I like China.

... and the cheap products :D

#495 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1,662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

I like doing laundry.

#496 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 3,995 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

I like doing laundry.

Me too. 

#497 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,468 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

I like doing laundry.

Fuck, I gotta do mine. I've been reusing old underwear two days in a row now.

bie ar be

#498 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,081 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

I like China.

And the upcoming social credit system?

#499 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2,147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

And the upcoming social credit system?

I saw an episode of The Orville that I figure would be similar to what they're trying to do. Freaked the heck out of me!

#500 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1,662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

Fuck, I gotta do mine. I've been reusing old underwear two days in a row now.

bie ar be

Just flip em inside out 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unpopular opinion, scot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users