• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#76 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

Benedict Cumberbatch is not cute.

reptilian brain washing can go long ways.

#77 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

If you try to sell something with a disclaimer along the lines of "Individual results can and will vary. These descriptions are not intended to make claims that these products can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. These claims have not been clinically proven or evaluated by the FDA or any regulatory or governmental agency" I have to seriously resist the urge to verbally smack you around because you're a snake oil salesman preying or being preyed upon by a company that can make claims that are completely unregulated, unstudied, and completely based off of false anecdotes.

That and I will gladly munch on GMOs.

#78 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

If you try to sell something with a disclaimer along the lines of "Individual results can and will vary. These descriptions are not intended to make claims that these products can be used to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. These claims have not been clinically proven or evaluated by the FDA or any regulatory or governmental agency" I have to seriously resist the urge to verbally smack you around because you're a snake oil salesman preying or being preyed upon by a company that can make claims that are completely unregulated, unstudied, and completely based off of false anecdotes.

That and I will gladly munch on GMOs.

Almost every "wellness" product in existence. "This product is traditionally used to improved general wellness" Ummm ok, so was mercury, doesn't mean it's a miracle herb.

#79 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

While I support the idea of Pokemon Go, I hate about 90% of the people playing it.

13692647_10154425043412318_3234243178644

#80 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

While I support the idea of Pokemon Go, I hate about 90% of the people playing it.

I'm so sick of all the genwunner bullcrap I've seen posted everywhere offsite hahah. Are you ready for a good chunk of the playerbase to fuck off when the gen 2 Pokemon are added, then even more when gen 3 mons are added? Let's not even start with how many people will more than likely drop the game immediately when the Unova Pokemon are added. While it might be popular right now there's no denying that there are a LOAD of people who are only here to get their nostalgia fill then leave as soon as anything else is added.

#81 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

I'm so sick of all the genwunner bullcrap I've seen posted everywhere offsite hahah. Are you ready for a good chunk of the playerbase to fuck off when the gen 2 Pokemon are added, then even more when gen 3 mons are added?

This happened to me in 2003. When they stopped basing them on irl animals and started mixing and matching body parts to make a poke.

#82 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

I'm so sick of all the genwunner bullcrap I've seen posted everywhere offsite hahah. Are you ready for a good chunk of the playerbase to fuck off when the gen 2 Pokemon are added, then even more when gen 3 mons are added? Let's not even start with how many people will more than likely drop the game immediately when the Unova Pokemon are added. While it might be popular right now there's no denying that there are a LOAD of people who are only here to get their nostalgia fill then leave as soon as anything else is added.

This is going to 100% be me. I couldn't care less about anything passed the 1st gen; adding all the other pokemon will make me lose interest almost immediately. 

#83 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

Ugh, same bullshit with every new generation. I love that comic you (I think it was you) posted a while ago comparing two different gens with the same design "problems" :p

#84 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

This happened to me in 2003. When they stopped basing them on irl animals and started mixing and matching body parts to make a poke.

What? Are we talking about the same series? This topic is more suitable for a different thread, but they have always based certain Pokemon off real life animals/objects/folklore/mix and matched ideas mushed into one package, among other things. Like Jynx could very well be a mixture of a yama-uba and an opera singer, Magnemite line are all object Pokemon, and Mr. Mime is a mix of a mime/clown/jester. If you take a good look at the designs throughout the gens while trying to be as unbiased as you can then you'll notice this in each and every gen. The reason why gen 3 and above designs look so different is because they weren't restricted by crap technology anymore, so they don't have to water their ideas down. The reason why gen 7 Pokemon look so different so far is because they're clearly designing them with 3D models in mind instead of sprites.

So it sum this up, I don't think the core parts of their idea to actual design translation process has changed over the past 20 years. But because the same severe technological limitations aren't in place anymore they can bring their ideas to life in full. It would be interesting seeing just what they wanted their original designs to look like if the limitations weren't there.

This is going to 100% be me. I couldn't care less about anything passed the 1st gen; adding all the other pokemon will make me lose interest almost immediately.

Mind if I ask, why did you lose interest in the series? If you liked the first gen then it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll like the rest of the games. The core gameplay hasn't changed at all and all they've done is continued to improve it. Do you not like them solely because of the character designs? Because your friends stopped playing and you followed them, didn't want to/couldn't buy the new consoles to play the games on, maybe some other reasons?

Also, the first generation was more than likely meant to have 190 Pokemon instead of 151 Pokemon. The ones they had to leave out were all later included in gen 2. This includes Ho-oh (maybe this is why you see him in the first anime episode), Lugia, Heracross, and many others (so the ones in this table listed as Missingno). How do you feel about those Pokemon?

#85 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Mind if I ask, why did you lose interest in the series? If you liked the first gen then it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll like the rest of the games. The core gameplay hasn't changed at all and all they've done is continued to improve it. Do you not like them solely because of the character designs? Because your friends stopped playing and you followed them, didn't want to/couldn't buy the new consoles to play the games on, maybe some other reasons?

Also, the first generation was more than likely meant to have 190 Pokemon instead of 151 Pokemon. The ones they had to leave out were all later included in gen 2. This includes Ho-oh (maybe this is why you see him in the first anime episode), Lugia, Heracross, and many others (so the ones in this table listed as Missingno). How do you feel about those Pokemon?

Let me correct myself, I was getting my generations and pokemon timeline mixed up. I stopped playing after ruby came out, which was in 2002, so I was 12 years old. At this time I started getting into computer gaming with all of my friends, and I kinda left pokemon behind. Not because I was disinterested in the designs, but I had my good time with pokemon, and it was time to move on. I love all those pokemon you linked to <3. I've gone through gen 2 and 3 to see what I remember; I remember most of those pokemon but I'm just not as attached to them as I am with gen 1. 

#86 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

You can do whatever you want with your life, but if you do it uninformed, then you're doing it wrong.

#87 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:47 AM

Milk is gross.

#88 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

Milk is gross.

love utter pus.

@Jess

#89 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

All guns (more or less) should be banned and confiscated. 

#90 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:15 AM

Second the "Benedict Cumberbatch is not cute"

It always amuses me that funny looking male celebs can get a fanatic fan base but the same is not true for women celebs.

#91 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:58 AM

Milk is gross.

Milk is disgusting.

#92 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

I dislike the song bohemian rhapsody .................................................................  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

#93 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

I don't like talking about or listening to people talk about politics or terrorism.

#94 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

I dislike the song bohemian rhapsody .................................................................  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

It's definitely not my favourite Queen song. You like Bicycle Race though right?

#95 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

It's definitely not my favourite Queen song. You like Bicycle Race though right?

I don't know, I'm not sure I've ever heard it.

I don't listen to Queen. Which I know is blasphemous. :p

#96 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

I don't know, I'm not sure I've ever heard it.

It's ok, Queen isn't for everyone. Their music is.. eclectic? 

What do you listen to? (I already know the answer is not Justin Bieber) 

#97 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

It's ok, Queen isn't for everyone. Their music is.. eclectic? 

What do you listen to? (I already know the answer is not Justin Bieber) 

I suppose so but it appears as though most people worship them and their music.

Definitely not Justin Bieber .. I'd have to say that my favourite band is A Perfect Circle and if you know them it basically sums up almost all my music preferences. I like melodic and relaxed music. My second favourite group would be Odesza. The only anomaly to that would be heavy metal (like Iron Maiden but I do think they're more power metal) and the occasional song by Sia or the odd pop artist. What bout you?

#98 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

Humans should simply stop trying to get pandas to reproduce. Just fucking stop it.

#99 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

I suppose so but it appears as though most people worship them and their music.

Definitely not Justin Bieber .. I'd have to say that my favourite band is A Perfect Circle and if you know them it basically sums up almost all my music preferences. I like melodic and relaxed music. My second favourite group would be Odesza. The only anomaly to that would be heavy metal (like Iron Maiden but I do think they're more power metal) and the occasional song by Sia or the odd pop artist. What bout you?

Well Freddie Mercury knew how to command a stage and put on a show that's for sure. I'm not sure if idolize is the correct word that I'm looking for but people do remember him fondly. And maybe I myself am not the biggest Queen fan but when I think of other great rock bands usually I can think of other members (Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, etc)

Coincidentally enough I was listening to eMOTIVE yesterday at work although I don't think it's as good as Thirteenth Step or Mer Der Noms. Maynard James Keenan is really talented and I realize he was experimenting a bit with A Perfect Circle and Puscifer but I wish he'd go back to Tool - I was way more impressed with his songs then. I don't think I've heard of Odesza before but I'll definitely have to check them out. 

Other musical preferences for me depends on what I'm doing rap or hip hop if I'm in my car driving places or wanting to "get lit", punk/ska/edm for working out (basically more up tempo stuff) and rock every other time in between.

#100 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Eyy good to know I'm not the only one :3c Honestly, you could pick any artist out of a top 100 list and I won't know them, and if I'm familiar with the band I could name like MAYBE one or two songs tops. Like for the Beatles.... all I know off the top of my head is Yellow Submarine and Strawberry Fields Forever (literally only because of Neopets :p ). And then I'm sure I could recognize some songs listening to them but couldn't give you a title and/or band name. Sure does feel weird being so disconnected with pop culture lmao

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unpopular opinion, scot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users