Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Led Zeppelin sucks.

#102 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Well Freddie Mercury knew how to command a stage and put on a show that's for sure. I'm not sure if idolize is the correct word that I'm looking for but people do remember him fondly. And maybe I myself am not the biggest Queen fan but when I think of other great rock bands usually I can think of other members (Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, etc)

Coincidentally enough I was listening to eMOTIVE yesterday at work although I don't think it's as good as Thirteenth Step or Mer Der Noms. Maynard James Keenan is really talented and I realize he was experimenting a bit with A Perfect Circle and Puscifer but I wish he'd go back to Tool - I was way more impressed with his songs then. I don't think I've heard of Odesza before but I'll definitely have to check them out. 

Other musical preferences for me depends on what I'm doing rap or hip hop if I'm in my car driving places or wanting to "get lit", punk/ska/edm for working out (basically more up tempo stuff) and rock every other time in between.

I would probably use the word idolize .. at least, it appears that way to me. I will say that he does have an amazing voice, but his genre of music is just not my bread and butter. 

I am so pleasantly surprised to see that you're a fan as well!  ^_^ I think the only song by Puscifer that I like is the Humbling River .. I know they sound very similar in style but I do feel like A Perfect Circle has a bit more of a rhythmic feel to their music. What's your favourite song by them? And another unpopular opinion is that while I love Maynard and I can sing almost every word to almost every song from A Perfect Circle - I do not like Tool. I felt their music was too repetitive ... Are you going to shun me now? :p I do, however, think that Alex Grey's artwork is amazing.

Get lit music is the best kind of music.

Eyy good to know I'm not the only one :3c Honestly, you could pick any artist out of a top 100 list and I won't know them, and if I'm familiar with the band I could name like MAYBE one or two songs tops. Like for the Beatles.... all I know off the top of my head is Yellow Submarine and Strawberry Fields Forever (literally only because of Neopets :p ). And then I'm sure I could recognize some songs listening to them but couldn't give you a title and/or band name. Sure does feel weird being so disconnected with pop culture lmao

Nope, you're not the only one living under a rock when it comes to this. I recently discovered the song Out Here Grindin by DJ what's his face .. and promptly found out it was seven years old. We're just old now. We're no longer hip and we need to accept it. :p

But, meh. I don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing all the mainstream artists. If they don't interest you, then there aint nothing wrong with that. You and I can be out of touch old people together.

#103 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing all the mainstream artists. 

hipster-meme-6534-6850-hd-wallpapers.jpg

#104 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

I would probably use the word idolize .. at least, it appears that way to me. I will say that he does have an amazing voice, but his genre of music is just not my bread and butter. 

I am so pleasantly surprised to see that you're a fan as well!  ^_^ I think the only song by Puscifer that I like is the Humbling River .. I know they sound very similar in style but I do feel like A Perfect Circle has a bit more of a rhythmic feel to their music. What's your favourite song by them? And another unpopular opinion is that while I love Maynard and I can sing almost every word to almost every song from A Perfect Circle - I do not like Tool. I felt their music was too repetitive ... Are you going to shun me now? :p I do, however, think that Alex Grey's artwork is amazing.

Get lit music is the best kind of music.

Nope, you're not the only one living under a rock when it comes to this. I recently discovered the song Out Here Grindin by DJ what's his face .. and promptly found out it was seven years old. We're just old now. We're no longer hip and we need to accept it. :p

But, meh. I don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing all the mainstream artists. If they don't interest you, then there aint nothing wrong with that. You and I can be out of touch old people together.

Hm.. I could see that actually. There are a lot of pop cultural references due to Queen from Flash Gordon to Nintendo referencing some of their songs (Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen) is the first one to come to mind. They also based some of their music around the Beatles though 

Favourite song by APC? Hm.. I think it would have to be The Outsider (the song that got me interested in them) or The Nurse Who Loved Me, what's your favourite? I'll be honest with Puscifer, I listened to their first album once, it didn't do anything for me so I never gave them a second chance. I will not shun you for not liking Tool - how could I shun a 56 year old mexican with a mustache? All kidding aside I think I'm more impressed with their music and how difficult they make some of their songs - those polyrhythmic songs. 

Yep.. never heard Out Here Grinding before... Guess I'm under the same rock. I know when I was talking to Mishelle last night I'm completely out of the scene when it comes to new music. 

Edited by DonJonathan, 30 July 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#105 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:14 AM

hipster-meme-6534-6850-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Pff I'm Canadian - I didn't even know who that was until I googled him .. but then again, I do live under a rock. :p

Hm.. I could see that actually. There are a lot of pop cultural references due to Queen from Flash Gordon to Nintendo referencing some of their songs (Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen) is the first one to come to mind. They also based some of their music around the Beatles though 

Favourite song by APC? Hm.. I think it would have to be The Outsider (the song that got me interested in them) or The Nurse Who Loved Me, what's your favourite? I'll be honest with Puscifer, I listened to their first album once, it didn't do anything for me so I never gave them a second chance. I will not shun you for not liking Tool - how could I shun a 56 year old mexican with a mustache? All kidding aside I think I'm more impressed with their music and how difficult they make some of their songs - those polyrhythmic songs. 

Yep.. never heard Out Here Grinding before... Guess I'm under the same rock. I know when I was talking to Mishelle last night I'm completely out of the scene when it comes to new music. 

The Outsider and the Nurse Who Loved Me? A man after my own heart. Those are definitely in my top 5. But my absolute favourite is Gravity. Which I think was the first song I ever heard by them? Ok that's fair, but have you heard The Humbling River? I feel like most of their songs are super hit and miss but that one was pretty epic. 

So are you one of those fans that have been waiting a million years and will continue to wait a million years for Tool's next album? It wouldn't take them so long if their songs weren't so damn long. :p

Out Here Grindin is trash but it's the best trash. You should listen to it (but don't blame me if you hate it lol). I feel you though, if I ever watch award shows I'm like perpetually confused.

#106 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

@cara

13876102_1086914564677110_59221681449659

#107 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

I think people who try to be contrarian, because they think it's cool, are lame and boring.

#108 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

I think people who try to be contrarian, because they think it's cool, are lame and boring.

I have a really hard time trying to understand why some people think that's cool. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they want to feel special or something e.e

#109 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

I have a really hard time trying to understand why some people think that's cool. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they want to feel special or something e.e

It seems, to me anyways, that it's some pseudo-maturity/intellectual complex. They think somehow being contrarian makes them more mature, or intelligent, but really they are just trying too hard, while being shitty towards people. That's just my perspective though.

#110 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

It seems, to me anyways, that it's some pseudo-maturity/intellectual complex. They think somehow being contrarian makes them more mature, or intelligent, but really they are just trying too hard, while being shitty towards people. That's just my perspective though.

I was gonna joke that I disagree because I'm cooler, but I'd feel really lame lol. I completely agree!

#111 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

@cara

13876102_1086914564677110_59221681449659

Why you gotta hurt me like that? :(

#112 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

All guns (more or less) should be banned and confiscated. 

Yikes.

@cara @DonJonathan I really like The Noose. Not an unpopular opinion I don't suppose, but it's definitely true.

#113 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

The food economy should never be treated the same as the electronics or entertainment industries. 

#114 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

Opinions can be wrong.

#115 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Opinions can be wrong.

By philosophy alone, opinions are never wrong unless an opinion in question is either one that isn't believe in by the speaker or the speaker is lying to themselves.

#116 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

I really hate spongebob. 

#117 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

The Outsider and the Nurse Who Loved Me? A man after my own heart. Those are definitely in my top 5. But my absolute favourite is Gravity. Which I think was the first song I ever heard by them? Ok that's fair, but have you heard The Humbling River? I feel like most of their songs are super hit and miss but that one was pretty epic. 

So are you one of those fans that have been waiting a million years and will continue to wait a million years for Tool's next album? It wouldn't take them so long if their songs weren't so damn long. :p

Out Here Grindin is trash but it's the best trash. You should listen to it (but don't blame me if you hate it lol). I feel you though, if I ever watch award shows I'm like perpetually confused.

I suppose I could say the same about you if they're also in your top 5. Gravity is also a good one and I can totally understand why it would be your favourite. I had not heard the Humbling River until just now and it inspired me to listen to more Puscifer, I actually enjoyed the rest of "C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) E.P., "Potions (Deliverance Mix)" being my next favourite from the EP. 

Lol, no. Definitely not. It'll get released when it gets released. I'd rather have something that they feel comfortable releasing than something half baked just to please the fans. You do have a point about their songs being long though, but I guess that's expected from a progressive rock band. Now if only a new A Perfect Circle album would be released...  :unsure:

I was going to make a comment about how DJ Khaled has progressed over the years but I just listened to his new song and well.. it's not that much different. Have you heard "Take U to Da Movies" by Bangs? It's um... something else.... :innocent:

So the other day I was at a party and someone was surprised there was a song called "fat bottom girls" so they started playing and I started singing along and they were surprised because they didn't realize it was a Queen song. You are definitely not alone in your indifference (..?) toward the band

Yikes.

@cara @DonJonathan I really like The Noose. Not an unpopular opinion I don't suppose, but it's definitely true.

I support this statement. 

#118 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Being a good parent is a valid, admirable way to spend your time.

Raw liver tastes good.

#119 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Being a good parent is a valid, admirable way to spend your time.

Raw liver tastes good.

Damn right it is. A present parent is relatively rare nowadays, unfortunately, as it's very important for kids :/

Not so much about the raw liver, though :p

#120 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

You guys are doing this thread too well. Most of your opinions here are total shit. #unpopularopinion

#121 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

Yikes.

Lol! That's one of my least favourite songs by them. :p But I won't judge you because even their worse song is still pretty epic.

I suppose I could say the same about you if they're also in your top 5. Gravity is also a good one and I can totally understand why it would be your favourite. I had not heard the Humbling River until just now and it inspired me to listen to more Puscifer, I actually enjoyed the rest of "C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) E.P., "Potions (Deliverance Mix)" being my next favourite from the EP. 

Lol, no. Definitely not. It'll get released when it gets released. I'd rather have something that they feel comfortable releasing than something half baked just to please the fans. You do have a point about their songs being long though, but I guess that's expected from a progressive rock band. Now if only a new A Perfect Circle album would be released...  :unsure:

I was going to make a comment about how DJ Khaled has progressed over the years but I just listened to his new song and well.. it's not that much different. Have you heard "Take U to Da Movies" by Bangs? It's um... something else.... :innocent:

So the other day I was at a party and someone was surprised there was a song called "fat bottom girls" so they started playing and I started singing along and they were surprised because they didn't realize it was a Queen song. You are definitely not alone in your indifference (..?) toward the band

I support this statement. 

I haven't liked any Puscifer other than the song I mentioned. Send over any good ones my way, though. I've been needing new music to listen to (since these damn bands won't release anything new :p ). So recommendations are welcome, especially since we seem to have similar taste.  ^_^

I think I just dislike that they are both not releasing anything new and not performing. Same with Pearl Jam. Except they do perform I suppose, just no where near me. So I'm salty. :p

No, I haven't heard that song. But I'm going to listen to it and it better make me feel like a stone cold gangsta or else I'll be coming after you.

Haha! That one is alright. Surprised to hear it playing at a youngin party though????

#122 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

Doctors don't know everything.

#123 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

I had a doctor tell me for almost a year that I had anemia and it was causing an array of strange symptoms. I got fed up and went to another doctor and found out I had celiac disease all along. Doctors definitely don't always know everything ..

#124 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

Wait, is that an unpopular opinion??

I feel like that's such an obvious statement haha...of course they don't know everything!

If I have anything of consequence going on, I always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. 

The way pre-med works in undergrad, and then the way med school itself is pass/fail - you can get away with never memorizing a LOT of things. And while we hope that as doctors, they're continuing to learn and obviously have more research available to them than they would during a standardized test, it's very easy to make a mistake or just....not know what is going wrong. What one doctor may need 10 tests to arrive at may be what another doctor saw in some hypo in med school somewhere and knows right away.

#125 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Wait, is that an unpopular opinion??

I feel like that's such an obvious statement haha...of course they don't know everything!

If I have anything of consequence going on, I always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. 

The way pre-med works in undergrad, and then the way med school itself is pass/fail - you can get away with never memorizing a LOT of things. And while we hope that as doctors, they're continuing to learn and obviously have more research available to them than they would during a standardized test, it's very easy to make a mistake or just....not know what is going wrong. What one doctor may need 10 tests to arrive at may be what another doctor saw in some hypo in med school somewhere and knows right away.

Well, it was a pretty broad statement. I'm just super tired of people being like "you should listen to your dr they went to school for it" even after I give them the science and research behind why I'm doing something even though it's in direct opposition to what my dr recommends. Or she'll tell me to get off google, but when I asked my CNM what the odds are on preterm births for twins, she flipped on google and looked it up. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unpopular opinion, scot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users