Interesting editorial responses

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

I thought I'd start a topic on the neopian times editorial (the only semi worthwhile thing in the times). I don't always get a chance to read it but I like to know about interesting responses. Or even if you just want to rip on TNT a little. I assume other people may feel the same way.

So here's one from today:

Im back on Neopets since a big hibernation... *lol* And Im addicted again, and I was wondering if you can give us a hint for the next event :D That would be awesome :)
Welcome back! Hope you got some good rest. Now, I can't give you much of a hint on the next event, as it's still in the very early planning stages, but I have a good feeling it will be worth sticking around for :)

Translation: Oh yeah....events...maybe we should get on that shit...

Edited by CaptainDantes, 22 July 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

Next event is CC isn't it actually?

#3 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

Next event is CC isn't it actually?

Is it? Haven't kept up in forever.

Aren't we due for another Game Master thing soon too?

Doubt they'd need to plan for either though. Probably copy, paste, change items/games required.
But who knows anymore. AWN8Y4j.gif

#4 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Doubt they'd need to plan for either though. Probably copy, paste, change items/games required.

Hahaha, this is actually my sentiments too. Was genuinely asking, because truth be told I never kept up with Neopets events till I became active here in Codex. :p Cheating does make Neopets stuff more fun, yes yess.

#5 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

And don't forget that they always forget they're using the last year's code so it always fucks up the first time  :lol2:

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

Knowing TNT, it's probably next year's Daily Dare >.> Project X or whateverdafuqitscalled. It's so much of a secret that TNT still doesn't know what it is to this day.

#7 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

And don't forget that they always forget they're using the last year's code so it always fucks up the first time  :lol2:

Haha I never thought about that

#8 Kracken

Kracken
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

isn't CC usually after Summer?

I wonder what its going to be this time.

its about time for a new plot but hey, they're losing their userbase daily with all the freezing

#9 imrielle

imrielle
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

The best part of that is the last part, where they mention:

Hi! Some have noticed a couple of small things fixed around the site (chopped it) Please remove my username. ~ username removed
Hi! Good eye my friend, we did push a batch of fixes live yesterday. Some more tweaks to Trudy's Surprise to get that working perfectly were done, as well as improvements to ranking gallery items, naming/renaming categories, quick removing multiple items from your gallery, and the neomail event updates. The "Return All" option for NC gifts got some updates too! Enjoy y'all!

Notice where they say they "improved" ranking, removing, etc?

:lol2: :lol2:  They broke ranking all to hell and back.

Removing items is russian roulette - some items duplicate, some stay in the gallery and duplicate, some disappear entirely.

But hey! You can re-name your gallery categories now (which I had no problems with anyway).

... Oh, and Trudy's Surprise still bugs out. I've gotten 1500 NPs two days in a row... and I'm still only getting Neomail events sometimes.

#10 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

The best part of that is the last part, where they mention:

Notice where they say they "improved" ranking, removing, etc?

:lol2: :lol2:  They broke ranking all to hell and back.

Removing items is russian roulette - some items duplicate, some stay in the gallery and duplicate, some disappear entirely.

But hey! You can re-name your gallery categories now (which I had no problems with anyway).

... Oh, and Trudy's Surprise still bugs out. I've gotten 1500 NPs two days in a row... and I'm still only getting Neomail events sometimes.

I've been trying and haven't noticed any dupes. How have you been doing that?

#11 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Have you ever considered implementing a system in Neopia's shops that clears out all the un-bought stock every hour or two? Right now there are many stores that are clogged up with items that, if they are bought, result in a significant loss of Neopoints, so they just sit there and stop more valuable items from stocking. Sometimes restockers even buy out all these unprofitable items themselves (just to make room) and a couple of hours later the store is completely full of them again. ~tammyisbored
Re-balancing the prices of some items that are clogging up shops is also on our to-do list after we manage to get past the holidays. Clearing the shops would also be useful, but we'll have to consult our programmers on that one.

My claim to fame editorial question from like 7 years ago haha, the account is long gone :p I really regret suggesting this now cause the clearing system messes up abing...

#12 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

My claim to fame editorial question from like 7 years ago haha, the account is long gone :p I really regret suggesting this now cause the clearing system messes up abing...

You couldn't have known though hahaha

#13 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:35 AM

You couldn't have known though hahaha

I know lol I was too legit back then :p

#14 imrielle

imrielle
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

I've been trying and haven't noticed any dupes. How have you been doing that?

I was just removing duplicate items as usual. It may be related to gallery size, or the number of items the gallery contains - I have a size 250 gallery, with 1200 or so unique items.

Thats why I ran into the issue - I was removing the extras, since I only want 1 of each item in it, and lost track of a few.

#15 Butterball

Butterball
  • 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

isn't CC usually after Summer?

I wonder what its going to be this time.

its about time for a new plot but hey, they're losing their userbase daily with all the freezing

The first CC was at Christmas and the following one was in the fall, so people were flipping out in June/July hoping that the next one would be for summer, but it looks like it will be fall or winter again. There was a substantial lead time on events (at least with the old TNT) so I imagine we won't see anything for a couple of months at the least and probably more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users