#1 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

This happened yesterday.

Argentine women hold mass breastfeeding protest

Hundreds of women have turned out in Argentina to breastfeed in public, in protest at the removal of a mother for nursing publicly in a Buenos Aires square last week.

Waving signs that read "No repression; nursing is not up for discussion" and "My breasts, my rights; I'm not interested in your opinion", some 500 women demonstrated in support of Constanza Santos, who police took from the square for nursing her nine-month-old.

Instead of a sit-in, some called the protest a breastfeed-in.

7656386-3x2-700x467.jpg

Supporters said the case was disturbing and that they were not going to let mothers' rights be trampled on.
Similar demonstrations were held in other cities, including Mar del Plata, Tucuman and Neuquen.

"This is great because it sheds light on a problem. And police need to be on the public's side and not work against them," said Argentine human rights activist Adolfo Perez Esquivel.

This protest got to the portuguese news as well and dug out some hate towards women that breastfeed their babies in public.
All across Facebook and news sites I've seen comments such as:

• "These women are a disgrace to all mothers and should be ashamed of themselves. Cover yourself when you're in public and you have to breastfeed your kid!"
  • "Then they get mad because men look at their tits and say nasty stuff!"
  • "In my time, women had blankets and covered themselves when breastfeeding in public, we could even do it in CHURCHES!"
  • "These women never heard of breastfeeding bras?!?"
  • "My wife had two kids and she always breastfeed the kids indoors! This is gross! Can you imagine if men started to walk around with their junk out? Would you like to see that?"
  • "No wonder women continue to get raped... They deserve it!"
  • "Women should think about what they're doing. Do you realise anyone can see you, take a picture of your breast and post it online?!"
  • "It won't be long until these "women" start asking their husbands to suck on their tits in public too. This is the fall of mankind!"
  • "They just want an excuse to expose themselves. They like to be watched by men. They pleasure themselves like that while feeding the child. MONSTERS!"
  • "They just take their tits out and show them to everyone to see. It's disgusting. Social Services should take those kids from such women!"

And I could go on like this forever... The thing that shocks me the most is that most of these comments come from... women. I've read women praying for others that breastfeed their kids in public to be sexually brutalized just "to learn a lesson" and to "learn how to behave like a real woman".
I breastfed the Tiny Humans, and did it in public every time they were hungry, because we can't control when they are going to get hungry, and for someone -at least, during the first months- that solely breastfeed there's no other alternative unless if you want to/can pump the milk and transport it in bottles. I've never been the target of hate by anyone when I did it, or maybe I never noticed the looks? I was more concerned about feeding the Tiny Mammals and I didn't (nor do) give a shit about what others think it's immoral in their non-existent books. I must say I was pretty much ignorant about this "problem" until now, so I was so shocked with all this I can hardly believe there's people like this in the world.

My questions are:

• What do you feel about public breastfeeding?
  • Did you ever do it? Did you hear anyone against it/nasty looks/etc. when you did it? If yes, how did you react?

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

"This is the fall of mankind!" lol Jesus those quotes are fucked. I'm fine with it, we get so worked up about the most inconsequential shit. They're literally feeding their child, how can that be so wrong? And...boobs. So no complaints on my end.

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

If you think people shouldn't be allowed to breastfeed in public, shame on you. It's a mother feeding a baby, there's nothing wrong with that. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, just look away.

There was a law against it here, but thankfully they changed it.

#4 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

Portugal has some old folks, very catholic, that think everything is a sin and God will punish us all.

@Swarley really? I didn't know about that. How can anyone deny a mother to feed their kid? Jesus... considering the Carnival you guys have there, that's ironic :lol2: I'm glad it changed anyway.

We don't have any law about it here (afaik), but it would also be a cynical move considering we can be topless at the beach without any problem lol

#5 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

Those comments are disgusting. How can any sane person wish someone else was raped because they were feeding their baby? It's funny how breasts have become so sexualised; their original purpose is for lactation.

• "They just take their tits out and show them to everyone to see. It's disgusting. Social Services should take those kids from such women!"

This comment made me laugh. Social Services would have to take kids from every woman, ever. I think the issue is with you, mate.

#6 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

I'd rather have a women breastfeed their child than said child crying like a bitch, heard by everyone in a 5 mile radius.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

I don't see why women shouldn't breastfeed in public. They're literally feeding their child. Plus it keeps the kiddos quiet, so that's another plus.

If an exposed breast bothers you, you have the ability to just look/walk away. You shouldn't have to shame a mother doing her job just because it makes you feel uncomfortable. :/

#8 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

I think there is something wrong with people, who automatically think there is something wrong with the natural human form / showing it, even for a good reason. I can understand if they feel that way if someone is, like, doing something indecent, but such comments for this is pretty ridiculous.

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

I think there is something wrong with people, who automatically think there is something wrong with the natural human form / showing it, even for a good reason. I can understand if they feel that way if someone is, like, doing something indecent, but such comments for this is pretty ridiculous.

If by natural form, you mean complete nudity, then you haven't been to a nudist parade.

There are people who should be covered up.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

@Swarley really? I didn't know about that. How can anyone deny a mother to feed their kid? Jesus... considering the Carnival you guys have there, that's ironic :lol2: I'm glad it changed anyway.

We don't have any law about it here (afaik), but it would also be a cynical move considering we can be topless at the beach without any problem lol

A little fix here: apparently there was a project for that law, but it wasn't accepted. I have a little bit more faith in us now lmao

But it's a big deal here, even with Carnaval being this huge. We have a lot of conservative folks around here, so women get a lot of shame for doing so. However, there is a new law that prevents people from prohibiting public breastfeeding in our neighbor state, so hurray!

#11 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

If by natural form, you mean complete nudity, then you haven't been to a nudist parade.

There are people who should be covered up.

Hey, "ugly" doesn't mean "something wrong". :p

That said, breastfeeding is hardly complete nudity. Was referring more to the kneejerk responses about showing breasts and all, actually.

#12 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

@Swarley I just saw this

d9c3d5509650f574426f2d2c8d03f866.png

It's funny how breasts have become so sexualised; their original purpose is for lactation.

That's exactly what I said to a couple of people. One of the answers I got from it was "yes, yes, and vaginas were made for pop babies into the world and I don't see women showing them in public every time they want".

Ignorance has no boundaries.

A little fix here: apparently there was a project for that law, but it wasn't accepted. I have a little bit more faith in us now lmao

But it's a big deal here, even with Carnaval being this huge. We have a lot of conservative folks around here, so women get a lot of shame for doing so. However, there is a new law that prevents people from prohibiting public breastfeeding in our neighbor state, so hurray!

Lmao that's certainly better.

Yeah, I figured that much. In things like this Brasil and Portugal are very alike. But what baffles me is that I never witnessed something like that, not even with other women. I guess I've been blessed because if I ever saw someone offending a mother feeding her child I'd lose my shit e.e

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

@Swarley I just saw this

d9c3d5509650f574426f2d2c8d03f866.png

That's a grey law (idk if that's a correct term, but you probably know what I mean :p). I really doubt a mother would actually have any problems with that article just from breastfeeding.

74a8228acbe3bde63c5ec5d71ff16ac2.png

Also, is that a facebook friend of yours? That Bolsonaro thing in the picture... ew

#14 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

I think anyone against it should hold a screaming and hungry baby for 30 minutes. They can try and reason with the baby that their mom needs to find a spot first.

#15 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

@Swarley haha nop. Made this account like 3 days ago to kick some bitches' asses. And I don't know what a Bolsonaro is e.e oh it's a politician. A bad one I assume :p

I just found another one. It's in portuguese, but this dude is comparing the act of breastfeeding to a man peeing in the street. Somewhere in the middle of this crap he says something like "The cock is mine and I put it wherever I want. (...) If you gotta go, you gotta go. Do you like to see that?" JFC.

dfb528bd14698d11738302ae223fdb44.png

@MozzarellaSticks and some babies have some powerful lungs... I know lol.

#16 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

#FreeTheBoobies

#17 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

I don't know why breastfeeding is considered offensive. The primary purpose of breasts is to feed babies. How on earth does breastfeeding become offensive? If someone looks at that and is put off because "boobs are for sexy time", then I have no words. I would just imagine hitting them over the head with a saucepan, because actually hitting them would be a crime.

I've seen women breastfeeding at work, and at the side of the street. Women don't just whip their tops off and parade around the neighbourhood ringing bells and screaming "Look at my breasts!". Nobody here says anything or publicly voices their disapproval, because it seems as though the context of the breast in view determines their response. I've never heard anyone catcalling or making rude remarks at a pregnant or nursing mother. Being a mother is a big deal here, so perhaps that's why. Even though this is a religious country, there is no religious or moral backlash, probably because breastfeeding is so normal. With many women being stay-at-home moms, most people have grown up seeing some member of their family breastfeeding their babies.

Babies need food. Their food comes out of breasts. I honestly don't understand the issue. If the majority of some society decides that hands are sexual, will we need to cover them up at all times, which will make using them much more difficult? This is stupid, and the people who have a problem with it are stupid. There is no justification apart from people feeling uncomfortable around exposed breasts because THEY associate breasts with sex. That is their problem, because breasts are NOT for sex. No one is forcing them to look, and the mothers aren't displaying their breasts for them to appreciate.

The women I've seen breastfeeding aren't covering their babies up with a blanket or anything (it's bloody hot at the equator!), and you can't see anything if you happen to glance at them. The baby covers up a lot of the exposed area, and the supposedly most offensive part - the nipple - isn't even visible. The offended people seriously need to get a grip.

#18 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

If I'm being completely honest, I personally would feel uncomfortable with my wife doing it, but that's just because I am a somewhat jealous/overprotective guy. I think if some other woman wants to do it and it doesn't bother someone who's opinion matters (eg. unless it makes their significant other uncomfortable), the woman should be allowed to breastfeed in public.

I don't see it as a problem basically, I'd just personally not want my wife to. My comfort level with my wife doing it might change as I get older though, who knows. I'm just an awkward 21 year old.

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

@Swarley haha nop. Made this account like 3 days ago to kick some bitches' asses. And I don't know what a Bolsonaro is e.e oh it's a politician. A bad one I assume :p

I just found another one. It's in portuguese, but this dude is comparing the act of breastfeeding to a man peeing in the street. Somewhere in the middle of this crap he says something like "The cock is mine and I put it wherever I want. (...) If you gotta go, you gotta go. Do you like to see that?" JFC.

dfb528bd14698d11738302ae223fdb44.png

Yeah, he's an asshole lmao

People always come up with the worst comparisons. That example would only compare to someone shitting in public, ffs.

#20 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

@Swarley What does all of that even say?

#21 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

@Swarley What does all of that even say?

I don't know what everything means, as it's in Portuguese from Portugal, but I'll do my best :p

"Well, if I'm (?) and pee in public, given it's a fisiologic and natural need, the problem is with who sees something of sexual character in this, right?...

On another side, the dick(?) is mine and I pee wherever I want... don't like it don't look at it, simple!

There's nothing better than really needing to pee and do it on a tree or a wall in front of everyone!... Is it pretty?...

It will certainly depend on who sees it!..."

Something like that.

#22 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

:angry I just hate everyone who said those things..

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

"My wife had two kids and she always breastfeed the kids indoors! This is gross! Can you imagine if men started to walk around with their junk out? Would you like to see that?"

I'll never understand why people always bring penises into this topic. Unlike pensies, breasts provide babies with food. Breasts are just a secondary sexual characteristic and not a primary one. If we all need to cover up all of those secondary ones then guess what my friends, it's time to shave your beards off and wear a scarf to hide your adam's apples. Can't have those out and about now can we :V

If I'm being completely honest, I personally would feel uncomfortable with my wife doing it, but that's just because I am a somewhat jealous/overprotective guy. I think if some other woman wants to do it and it doesn't bother someone who's opinion matters (eg. unless it makes their significant other uncomfortable), the woman should be allowed to breastfeed in public.

I don't see it as a problem basically, I'd just personally not want my wife to. My comfort level with my wife doing it might change as I get older though, who knows. I'm just an awkward 21 year old.

People are still going to know she has breasts whether she's breastfeeding or not.... A pervert doesn't need to be able to see most of the thing in the flesh in order to think up gross fantasies. The titty is partially being blocked by the child being fed anyway

#24 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

So woman have to worry about their partners about feeding their baby??? omg please someone shoot me..

Edited by Lollita, 24 July 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#25 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

People are still going to know she has breasts whether she's breastfeeding or not.... A pervert doesn't need to be able to see most of the thing in the flesh in order to think up gross fantasies. The titty is partially being blocked by the child being fed anyway

So woman have to worry about their partners about feeding their baby??? omg please someone shoot me..

Honestly I probably shouldn't have said anything, I knew I'd get some flak over this.

People just have comfort levels over different things. My point was that I personally am uncomfortable over the idea of my wife doing it, but I'm not about to impose that on anyone. I believe public breastfeeding should be allowed and they shouldn't be harassed, I just personally would prefer my wife not do it. I'm not imposing my view onto any strangers, and I'm just minding my own relationship. Relationships are all about compromise.

Anyway, it's not like I meant a woman needs to get her husband's approval to do it or something, it's just common practice in relationships to avoid doing things that make the other uncomfortable. I thought that sounded reasonable.

Edited by Generic, 24 July 2016 - 05:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users