• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

What is the most disgusting food you've eaten?

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

I ordered a dish of oxtail and pig knuckles at a fancy Chinese restaurant near Lincoln Center because it was the craziest thing on the menu, but it wasn't bad actually. The meat was scarce and kind of difficult to get off the bone, but it was tasty. 

As for an actual disgusting meal, nothing comes to mind. I've never sat down to eat and had to stop because it was too gross. 

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

Guacamole, and cottage cheese are two foods I just...I can't.

#4 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

I once ate an eel which was cooked live

Didnt taste bad

But watching the eel being cooked made me want to barf

#5 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

Relevant: 

I'll be honest I haven't had half the stuff from this video though. I'm such a bad Asian. 

#6 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:38 PM

I tried my dad's foie gras the other day in France. Already a stupid idea bc I hate how cruel it is to the animal, and then it tasted vile on top of that. Definitely the nastiest thing I ever ate.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

OMGsquidward!.jpg

#8 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

You know, all the things I've eaten that sound gross, like snails and eel, ended up not being that gross tasting.

Re: oxtail -- I had this one time at this fancy spanish restaurant and while it was pretty tasty I just didn't see the point because it was like 10 parts bone and 1 part edible stuff

I once ate an eel which was cooked live

Didnt taste bad

But watching the eel being cooked made me want to barf

That reminds me one time I had live shrimp skewered on kebabs before they were cooked in boiling soup. Didn't occur to me until I was much older how fucked up that was.

#9 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

I once went to a Japanese beach when I was young, where they would cut up and serve live squid on a wooden plate, with the pieces of squid still pulsing up and down on the plate. I did not try it at all.

#10 Tammy

Tammy
  • 430 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

I'm generally pretty open to trying interesting foods, so I think the grossest would probably be either sushi that had raw fish that wasn't fresh (I usually LOVE sushi, but if the fish is off it's disgusting), or a bad oyster... if you've ever had a bad oyster you would know...

#11 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

I once went to a Japanese beach when I was young, where they would cut up and serve live squid on a wooden plate, with the pieces of squid still pulsing up and down on the plate. I did not try it at all.

But...do they cook the squid or do you mean you actually eat it down while it's wriggling? Man idk if I could get over the feeling of something squirming in my mouth.

#12 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

Beef innards, HK is famous for its street beef innards and it is not my thing, especially the smell, it isnt pungent or anything, i had to get real close to smell it, but i didnt like the scent lol.

#13 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

vegemite. 

#14 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:53 PM

vegemite. 

That's like the Kraken's salty asshole.

#15 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Pickles. 

#16 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

Tomatoes.

Also pig feet. 

#17 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:22 PM

Guacamole, and cottage cheese are two foods I just...I can't.

I forgot you didn't like Guac. Its so delicioussssssss. :lol:

I know I've had gross food that I couldn't finish/wanted to throw up but I am blanking and idk why!!! I'll have to think about it and come back.

I really do not like mushrooms and (raw) tomatoes though. Also liver mush and souse. *barf*

Somewhat recently was watching a food show on netflix, and learned was headcheese was. Never had it, but no thank youuuu.

#18 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

But...do they cook the squid or do you mean you actually eat it down while it's wriggling? Man idk if I could get over the feeling of something squirming in my mouth.

From what I saw, so many years ago at a certain distance, it was not at all cooked. The pulsing of the pieces of squid was because the squid, well, still had a pulse as it was served to you.

#19 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

I forgot you didn't like Guac. Its so delicioussssssss. :lol:

Just means more guac for us

From what I saw, so many years ago at a certain distance, it was not at all cooked. The pulsing of the pieces of squid was because the squid, well, still had a pulse as it was served to you.

Yeah... I don't think I'd have the stomach for that. Seeing it squirm on the table is a bit much for me, but if it's cooked it's pretty tasty.

I've tried horse, rabbit, bison and camel. There isn't really much difference between them. I'm OK with most organ meat except I'm not the biggest fan of kidney or gizzards although that may have had to do with how it was cooked.

#20 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:51 AM

Green beans.

#21 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Avocados.

I have more, but avocados are the top 5. They're that bad.

#22 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Any hot beverage.

#23 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

Cow stomach .. and an array of disgusting things at Dim Sum. It's what I get for dating a damn ethnic person .. they force me to eat things other than bland white people food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users