Windows 10 wifi issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Alright friends, I unfortunately got caught in the Windows 10 auto update and am now having to deal with this. I have had a consistent problem with my wifi connection dropping entirely. All other devices in my house stay connected and have no issues but my laptop will just decide its done with my wifi connection and drop it, no rhyme or reason, and it reconnects with no issue when i manually go in and tell it to connect to that network. Its flagged to autoconnect to this network but still seems to drop it with some frequency throughout the day. This seems to be a known issue with Windows 10 but I have yet to find an actual solution so I am reaching out to see if anyone has had any success with this issue. 

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

I wish I had an answer for you my friend =/.The only solution I have for you is try and hardwire your computer. I had this issue with my computer while I was wireless, however; the issue would only happen shortly after I started my computer up.

#3 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

I have this same issue. I didn't even think to see if it was a windows 10 glitch. Man...

#4 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

The only advice I can think of is find the make and model of your wifi card and see if there's windows 10 drivers for it. The windows 7 (or whichever) drivers you have might not be completely compatible.

If it gets really bad you could always buy one of those USB wifi dongles.

#5 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:07 PM

https://support.micr...-or-windows-8.1

#6 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

My new laptop was built for windows 10. So the driver should be compatible.

#7 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

Make sure you have the latest drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users