78 replies to this topic

#26 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

How can a government regulate it?

Is there a difference between someone in a lot of pain wanting to commit suicide and a person that doesn't want to be a burden to their family?

What's okay? Someone in physical agony? Is emotional agony okay (eg if someone is paralyzed from the neck down but in absolutely no physical pain)?

@Romy 

I don't know how the government should regulate it; I don't think they should to be honest. They suck at regulating medical decisions for patients (marijuana, abortions, etc). Obviously, I recognize the gravity of these various situations are different. But my point is the government has never expertly or ethically regulated these kinds of decisions - particularly for disabled and/or impoverished minorities. 

No, there is not always a difference between being in a lot of pain and being a burden. I don't think anyone except that person is qualified to decide that. But let's not pretend society doesn't do a bang up job at making those with mental illness, disabilities, atypical neurologies and physical illness feel they are nothing more than a burden to our capitalist nation. 

Physical and mental/emotional agony are both acceptable reasons to die, in my opinion. With mental, I believe there should be greater support and therapy should definitely occur before someone decides they want to die. However, if we're speaking candidly, people already struggle to get that sort of support to live. Therapy is expensive and inaccessible to impoverished and particularly to those with any variations of mental illness. Homelessness is huge in the population of people with mental illness. They have some of the lowest rates of social support and economic mobility.

I hate the perception of suicide in this country. I don't understand how the mindset came about. But people honestly believe it's selfish. I do not. Suicide is not selfish. It's selfish to force and guilt a family member who is in agony to live. I realize that's a radical concept. But that's how I feel. Maybe if social and economic support were better for those people, maybe then I could imagine a world where suicide is selfish, but as of now, I simply cannot. I'm biased though. I live in constant pain every day of my life.

In 2012, I did attempt suicide because the physical pain was just simply too much, and I had been constantly made to feel like a hypochondriac by doctors. My husband physically restrained me and took me to a hospital. They dismissed my physical issues. They said it was anxiety. They tried to admit me to a psychiatric ward, when what I really needed was a doctor to actually have a real good look at my MRIs and issues. My husband begged me to try to keep going to get a diagnosis. I ended up in therapy, and continued to live. At first, it was for my husband. My therapist was pretty awesome. He made sure I knew I wasn't crazy and helped me navigate the medical system which had determined I was simply a hysterical female, with depression. Fast forward, despite my physical pain that I experience daily, despite the fact that in ten or fifteen years I will likely be wheelchair bound, despite the fact that I could very well die in my sleep tonight, I live for myself. I finally got diagnosed last year. It turns out I wasn't crazy. I want to go back and scream at every idiot doctor who wasn't qualified to say I was depressed, but claimed that's why I was in so much pain, that's why my body was slowly losing feeling, and that's why I was experiencing the symptoms I have. But I am lucky. I had decent health insurance and a good social support system in the form of my husband and amazing therapist. Without that, I never could have kept going.

The worst part is my story isn't unique. Join any Facebook support group for chronic pain, or any sort of chronic illness (physical/mental), and you will find most members have the same story as mine. Crazy. Delusional. Depressed. Anxious. Lying. Drug addict. 

I will never think it selfish for another human to decide they are simply too tired to keep going, especially given I cannot begin to understand the circumstances that brought them to that decision, whether it's physical or mental/emotional. I don't believe anyone else should either. These reasons are also why I believe euthanasia should absolutely be legal.

Edit: Holy fuck, sorry, I didn't mean to rant on so long lmao.

#27 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

At the risk of losing your friendship, I'll speak candidly.

@Romy 

I don't know how the government should regulate it; I don't think they should to be honest. They suck at regulating medical decisions for patients (marijuana, abortions, etc). Obviously, I recognize the gravity of these various situations are different. But my point is the government has never expertly or ethically regulated these kinds of decisions - particularly for disabled and/or impoverished minorities. 

No, there is not always a difference between being in a lot of pain and being a burden. I don't think anyone except that person is qualified to decide that. But let's not pretend society doesn't do a bang up job at making those with mental illness, disabilities, atypical neurologies and physical illness feel they are nothing more than a burden to our capitalist nation. 

Physical and mental/emotional agony are both acceptable reasons to die, in my opinion. With mental, I believe there should be greater support and therapy should definitely occur before someone decides they want to die. However, if we're speaking candidly, people already struggle to get that sort of support to live. Therapy is expensive and inaccessible to impoverished and particularly to those with any variations of mental illness. Homelessness is huge in the population of people with mental illness. They have some of the lowest rates of social support and economic mobility.

Without any measure of government regulation, there is nothing to really talk about. The premise of the thread is whether or not euthanasia should be legalized. 

As it stands, anyone can overdose on their medicine and commit suicide. We aren't arguing about the legality of suicide, we're talking about euthanasia. If you don't believe the government can "expertly or ethically regulate" terminating a life, then you can't argue for the legalization of euthanasia period.

I hate the perception of suicide in this country. I don't understand how the mindset came about. But people honestly believe it's selfish. I do not. Suicide is not selfish. It's selfish to force and guilt a family member who is in agony to live. I realize that's a radical concept. But that's how I feel. Maybe if social and economic support were better for those people, maybe then I could imagine a world where suicide is selfish, but as of now, I simply cannot. I'm biased though. I live in constant pain every day of my life.

With all due respect, I don't think this has anything to do with euthanasia. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of it, how is it not selfish if you're in physical/mental pain? You're viewing medically inducing your death as an escape from your personal (albeit horrible) pain. 

In 2012, I did attempt suicide because the physical pain was just simply too much, and I had been constantly made to feel like a hypochondriac by doctors. My husband physically restrained me and took me to a hospital. They dismissed my physical issues. They said it was anxiety. They tried to admit me to a psychiatric ward, when what I really needed was a doctor to actually have a real good look at my MRIs and issues. My husband begged me to try to keep going to get a diagnosis. I ended up in therapy, and continued to live. At first, it was for my husband. My therapist was pretty awesome. He made sure I knew I wasn't crazy and helped me navigate the medical system which had determined I was simply a hysterical female, with depression. Fast forward, despite my physical pain that I experience daily, despite the fact that in ten or fifteen years I will likely be wheelchair bound, despite the fact that I could very well die in my sleep tonight, I live for myself. I finally got diagnosed last year. It turns out I wasn't crazy. I want to go back and scream at every idiot doctor who wasn't qualified to say I was depressed, but claimed that's why I was in so much pain, that's why my body was slowly losing feeling, and that's why I was experiencing the symptoms I have. But I am lucky. I had decent health insurance and a good social support system in the form of my husband and amazing therapist. Without that, I never could have kept going.

I'll turn your argument against you. If your therapist had instead suggested euthanasia instead of the multiple surgeries you've had to endure, would you have chosen it? 

According to your own account, you were already suicidal and depressed. Would you, at the very least, have considered ending your life painlessly?

The worst part is my story isn't unique. Join any Facebook support group for chronic pain, or any sort of chronic illness (physical/mental), and you will find most members have the same story as mine. Crazy. Delusional. Depressed. Anxious. Lying. Drug addict. 

I will never think it selfish for another human to decide they are simply too tired to keep going, especially given I cannot begin to understand the circumstances that brought them to that decision, whether it's physical or mental/emotional. I don't believe anyone else should either. These reasons are also why I believe euthanasia should absolutely be legal.

Again, you aren't arguing why medically induced death should be legalized. You're advocating for suicide. There is a very clear line between ending the life of a person that has been clinically proven to be in tremendous amount of pain and someone who's suffering cannot be proven to exist.

We don't even convict people of murder unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they did commit the crime. How can we end a life so arbitrarily?

You're asking to be legally given medication for the explicit purpose of ending a person's life. 

I'm sorry for the tremendous amount of suffering you've had to endure @Coops. Your argument just isn't enough for me to change my stance.

#28 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Without any measure of government regulation, there is nothing to really talk about. The premise of the thread is whether or not euthanasia should be legalized. 

As it stands, anyone can overdose on their medicine and commit suicide. We aren't arguing about the legality of suicide, we're talking about euthanasia. If you don't believe the government can "expertly or ethically regulate" terminating a life, then you can't argue for the legalization of euthanasia period.

With all due respect, I don't think this has anything to do with euthanasia. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of it, how is it not selfish if you're in physical/mental pain? You're viewing medically inducing your death as an escape from your personal (albeit horrible) pain. 

I'll turn your argument against you. If your therapist had instead suggested euthanasia instead of the multiple surgeries you've had to endure, would you have chosen it? 

According to your own account, you were already suicidal and depressed. Would you, at the very least, have considered ending your life painlessly?

Again, you aren't arguing why medically induced death should be legalized. You're advocating for suicide. There is a very clear line between ending the life of a person that has been clinically proven to be in tremendous amount of pain and someone who's suffering cannot be proven to exist.

We don't even convict people of murder unless it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they did commit the crime. How can we end a life so arbitrarily?

You're asking to be legally given medication for the explicit purpose of ending a person's life. 

I'm sorry for the tremendous amount of suffering you've had to endure @Coops. Your argument just isn't enough for me to change my stance.

Beautifully stated. One day, when I feel less lazy, I may add the shia lebouf applause gif to this.

#29 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

As it stands now, it is criminal for a doctor to euthanize someone who has consented. I believe decriminalizing it with some third party oversight might be an alternative to leaving it entirely in the hands of the federal government. I can argue that the federal government sucks at regulating shit like this, while still arguing for euthanasia, they aren't mutually exclusive. The world isn't black and white, it's rather silly to assume so.

It absolutely has everything to do with euthanasia. How can you seriously argue it doesn't? If you can't connect the dots between how people perceive these topics, then I dunno what to say. It's a person's determination to die - also known as assisted suicide. The perception of suicide definitely plays a part in the perception of euthanasia. Many anti-euthanasia proponents believe it is selfish, or it goes against 'God's' will.

Perhaps. I don't know, since I've never been in that situation. It may very well be something I decide to do in the future; depending how my disorders progress.
I was suicidal and depressed because I was in pain and doctors were ignoring me and my legitimate medical issues. That is the distinction you seem to be ignoring. There is a difference between pain induced depression and clinical depression. One is due to prolonged, untreated physical pain and the other is far more complex. 

Actually, I was advocating for euthanasia while simultaneously offering insights on the subject of suicide, since the topics are quite related. But yes, please ignore all the bits about how I mentioned that. You can't ask me if I believe people with mental illness should have access to euthanasia, and then in the same breath, claim suicide is completely unrelated. People with mental illness kill themselves all the time. Should they not also, with oversight, have access to a death with dignity instead of potentially failing when they try to blow their brains out? Their suffering is just as real and tangible. Your view of how mental illness manifests is very narrow if you think there is no proof that their pain exists.

I never said we had to end things arbitrarily. Please don't make assumptions about what I'm saying. I even clarified above, I believe therapy should be provided first with those who are suffering mental illness. But you seem to have conveniently ignored that. If you're not going to actually address what I'm saying, and you're just going to assume, then I have no interest in debating with you.

#30 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:59 PM

As it stands now, it is criminal for a doctor to euthanize someone who has consented. I believe decriminalizing it with some third party oversight might be an alternative to leaving it entirely in the hands of the federal government. I can argue that the federal government sucks at regulating shit like this, while still arguing for euthanasia, they aren't mutually exclusive. The world isn't black and white, it's rather silly to assume so.

It absolutely has everything to do with euthanasia. How can you seriously argue it doesn't? If you can't connect the dots between how people perceive these topics, then I dunno what to say. It's a person's determination to die - also known as assisted suicide. The perception of suicide definitely plays a part in the perception of euthanasia. Many anti-euthanasia proponents believe it is selfish, or it goes against 'God's' will.

Perhaps. I don't know, since I've never been in that situation. It may very well be something I decide to do in the future; depending how my disorders progress.
I was suicidal and depressed because I was in pain and doctors were ignoring me and my legitimate medical issues. That is the distinction you seem to be ignoring. There is a difference between pain induced depression and clinical depression. One is due to prolonged, untreated physical pain and the other is far more complex. 

Actually, I was advocating for euthanasia while simultaneously offering insights on the subject of suicide, since the topics are quite related. But yes, please ignore all the bits about how I mentioned that. You can't ask me if I believe people with mental illness should have access to euthanasia, and then in the same breath, claim suicide is completely unrelated. People with mental illness kill themselves all the time. Should they not also, with oversight, have access to a death with dignity instead of potentially failing when they try to blow their brains out? Their suffering is just as real and tangible. Your view of how mental illness manifests is very narrow if you think there is no proof that their pain exists.

I never said we had to end things arbitrarily. Please don't make assumptions about what I'm saying. I even clarified above, I believe therapy should be provided first with those who are suffering mental illness. But you seem to have conveniently ignored that. If you're not going to actually address what I'm saying, and you're just going to assume, then I have no interest in debating with you.

I will stop debating this with you because you are too close to it. Nothing I say will change your position and I don't want to inadvertently offend you more than I already have. I'm not stopping because I think I'm wrong, I'm stopping since it's pointless to continue.

Sorry if I said something that hit too close to home.

#31 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

I will stop debating this with you because you are too close to it. Nothing I say will change your position and I don't want to inadvertently offend you more than I already have. I'm not stopping because I think I'm wrong, I'm stopping since it's pointless to continue.
Sorry if I said something that hit too close to home.

Okay.

#32 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

Question: What is the point of legalizing euthansia for the general population that can just kill themselves without a doctor's assistance? Are we doing it because people are ashamed of committing suicide, but euthanasia seems like a noble way to cope with your problems? Why not just grab a gun and do it? Is it the stigma? Is it fear of being the one to pull the trigger?

#33 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

Question: What is the point of legalizing euthansia for the general population that can just kill themselves without a doctor's assistance? Are we doing it because people are ashamed of committing suicide, but euthanasia seems like a noble way to cope with your problems? Why not just grab a gun and do it? Is it the stigma? Is it fear of being the one to pull the trigger?

I assume you're an American because as a Canadian I cannot just 'grab a gun'. And it's rather sad that you can.

Also, assuming I can go out and get a gun, I would be terrified to do that. Not all people who have shot themselves die. Do I want to end up further disabled and in further pain (assuming I have a terminal illness already) because I shot myself and failed to die? No. Would I be terrified to get an injection by a doctor which would make me fall asleep and thereafter my organs would shut down and I would die peacefully? No.

Forgetting the gun, you can go down the pill route. But it's not easy to get prescribed something strong enough to kill you, especially when you already have doctors monitoring your health and know what you need and what you don't need.

#34 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

Nowhere did anyone advocate legalizing this without still needing a doctor.

#35 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

If someone desperately wants to kill himself/herself and they have the capacity to do so, they will. The country where I live had the highest estimated rate of suicide in the world in 2012. Mental illness is highly stigmatized here, and people are not offered even a smidgen of necessary support. As well, although suicide is stigmatized (they're not going to Heaven, they're selfish, he/she killed himself/herself over a relationship/money problems because he/she is weak-minded), mental illness is even more stigmatized (where being "possessed by the Devil" now colours their everyday interactions with pretty much everyone, and is more shameful than suicide). For context, persons here view seizures as being possessed, and have not taken the persons to the hospital as they do not believe it is a medical condition. Mental illness follows the same line of thought. I would not doubt that our suicide rate would be lower if appropriate care was given, and the public was educated regarding mental health. We spent a TON of money convincing people to use condoms to protect themselves against HIV/AIDS (dangerous lifestyle choices), yet mental health, which is beyond one's control, is considered to be even worse.

Spoiler

If euthanasia can be provided to someone who has exhausted all other options, and would like a less traumatic exit than a violent death (both for themselves and their loved ones), I can understand why people would want this option available. I don't see it as being noble and an option that a coward would take, as I am sure the person would kill himself/herself if he/she is desperate enough to end whatever suffering led them down that road. Instead of being found by someone hours/days/months later, potentially worrying/scaring/traumatizing the remaining family and friends and the person/persons who discovered the body, someone choosing euthanasia can end their life in a way that allows them to share their last moments with those they care about, and hopefully provide them with some closure as well.

Edited by Ladida, 11 August 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#36 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

I assume you're an American because as a Canadian I cannot just 'grab a gun'. And it's rather sad that you can.

Also, assuming I can go out and get a gun, I would be terrified to do that. Not all people who have shot themselves die. Do I want to end up further disabled and in further pain (assuming I have a terminal illness already) because I shot myself and failed to die? No. Would I be terrified to get an injection by a doctor which would make me fall asleep and thereafter my organs would shut down and I would die peacefully? No.

Forgetting the gun, you can go down the pill route. But it's not easy to get prescribed something strong enough to kill you, especially when you already have doctors monitoring your health and know what you need and what you don't need.

There are still plenty of ways to go. Ethylene glycol is abundant (and apparently not as disgusting as one would think). CO poisoning is incredibly effective and painless as long as you can find a secluded place where no one will find you. I just wonder if many people choose euthanasia because the feel validated in their suicide.

Nowhere did anyone advocate legalizing this without still needing a doctor.

Neither did I, I was saying what is the point of legalizing it with a doctor as a mediator when you are not going to be prosecuted for attempting suicide on your own (without a doctor). My apologies if I was unclear as to what I was referring in my post.

ps. Having said this, I am still torn about where my opinion truly lies on this topic. Just trying to tease out people's thoughts on the subject.

#37 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

There are still plenty of ways to go. Ethylene glycol is abundant (and apparently not as disgusting as one would think). CO poisoning is incredibly effective and painless as long as you can find a secluded place where no one will find you. I just wonder if many people choose euthanasia because the feel validated in their suicide.

Neither did I, I was saying what is the point of legalizing it with a doctor as a mediator when you are not going to be prosecuted for attempting suicide on your own (without a doctor). My apologies if I was unclear as to what I was referring in my post.

ps. Having said this, I am still torn about where my opinion truly lies on this topic. Just trying to tease out people's thoughts on the subject.

There are plenty of reasons, in my opinion; prevent potential failures that result in disability or disfigurement, provide legitimate medical oversight (this is who I believe should regulate this, since doctors and mental health professionals are more qualified than government officials), death counseling, etc.

#38 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

You're right - I suppose I haven't put much thought into the different methods. I think mainly because it's not relevant, in my opinion. If I were terminally ill and wanted to end my life, I would want to do it with the aid of a physician. Not by the means you listed or otherwise. I don't think it's for validation. I cannot speak for everyone, but personally I don't think being dead scares me, rather than the dying part. I don't like the idea of potentially being in excruciating pain (gun, hanging, etc). I like the idea of having a trained professional watch me through the process of dying to ensure that I am not in pain.

I think for me, that's the differentiating factor. It's not for validation, but it's for help. It's literally called assisted suicide because they are trained to help make this process as painless as possible. 

Anyways, I'm sorry that we're all ganging up on you for asking your thoughtful and valid question. I enjoy debating this with you.  ^_^

#39 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

You're right - I suppose I haven't put much thought into the different methods. I think mainly because it's not relevant, in my opinion. If I were terminally ill and wanted to end my life, I would want to do it with the aid of a physician. Not by the means you listed or otherwise. I don't think it's for validation. I cannot speak for everyone, but personally I don't think being dead scares me, rather than the dying part. I don't like the idea of potentially being in excruciating pain (gun, hanging, etc). I like the idea of having a trained professional watch me through the process of dying to ensure that I am not in pain.

I think for me, that's the differentiating factor. It's not for validation, but it's for help. It's literally called assisted suicide because they are trained to help make this process as painless as possible. 

Anyways, I'm sorry that we're all ganging up on you for asking your thoughtful and valid question. I enjoy debating this with you.  ^_^

I don't feel ganged up on (yet). That is what debate forum is for! Sometimes I even enjoy taking the side no one else takes just to (hopefully) provoke thought on both sides. 

Anyway, I totally get your points here. It was just a thought that popped into my head. And fear of dying is another interesting point. Interviewed a lady yesterday who has attempted suicide 11 times yet she says she is terrified of death/dying. I kinda just raised my eyebrow at her. 

#40 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

I don't feel ganged up on (yet). That is what debate forum is for! Sometimes I even enjoy taking the side no one else takes just to (hopefully) provoke thought on both sides. 

Anyway, I totally get your points here. It was just a thought that popped into my head. And fear of dying is another interesting point. Interviewed a lady yesterday who has attempted suicide 11 times yet she says she is terrified of death/dying. I kinda just raised my eyebrow at her. 

Wow .. well you gotta wonder at that point why has she failed 11 times? Mayhaps because she's terrified of dying she subconsciously wants to fail and thus she does?

#41 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, borderline personality disorder... I just told her she sucks at killing herself and needs to try harder (just kidding, that would be awful).

AWFUL....ly hilarious.

Hahahah .... (as we both burst into flames and descend into hell). :p

#42 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, borderline personality disorder... I just told her she sucks at killing herself and needs to try harder (just kidding, that would be awful).

Please don't post ableist bullshit like this in my thread ever again. That is incredibly offensive. I don't care if you're just joking.  It's not cute. It's not funny. That's a rather awful thing to say about anyone, to anyone, or to even think. You never know who could be reading this thread, as you post inane, horrid comments like that. As a healthcare professional, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

#43 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

#Triggered

#44 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

#Triggered

That type of apathy is unsightly.

Your insults and immature ableism has no place in a debate thread, much less on Codex. I was polite and asked you please not to post ableist trash in my thread. It's not relevant to this debate. 

#45 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Please don't post ableist bullshit like this in my thread ever again. That is incredibly offensive. I don't care if you're just joking.  It's not cute. It's not funny. That's a rather awful thing to say about anyone, to anyone, or to even think. You never know who could be reading this thread, as you post inane, horrid comments like that. As a healthcare professional, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.

#46 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.

I do get it. But this is not the time or place. It's incredibly inappropriate and if he's thinking that about potential patients? Wow, talk about seriously unprofessional and questionable behavior. 

#47 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

As I said before, you are way too close to this. You're reacting with religious fervor in the name of political correctness. 

I do get it. But this is not the time or place. It's incredibly inappropriate and if he's thinking that about potential patients? Wow, talk about seriously unprofessional and questionable behavior. 

It was a joke. Fuck.

Chances are he's going to interact with people that are not all going to live. If wants to develop a sense of humor to cope with it, leave him be.

#48 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

As I said before, you are way too close to this. You're reacting with religious fervor in the name of political correctness. 

Please don't speak for me. You don't know how I feel. This is an internet forum. You can't see my face, hear my tone, or read my thoughts. You know nothing. Furthermore, if you can't understand why joking about how a human being should try harder to kill themselves, you should consider working on your apathy.

#49 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

#Triggered

I wish we could post emojis on codex so I can post the garbage emoji right here.

#50 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

It was a joke. Fuck.

Chances are he's going to interact with people that are not all going to live. If wants to develop a sense of humor to cope with it, leave him be.

And if I don't want ableist, garbage jokes about how someone should kill themselves harder in a debate thread, when that humor is irrelevant to the thread, leave me be please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users