Photo

Favorite Neopets Memory

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 avalanche

avalanche
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

zapping my jubjub coconut at the labray! i was jumping up and down and hugging my little brother-- i couldnt believe it! then i got the spiffy new avatar. it was a happy day. mustve been at least 10 years ago... jeez

#27 Aurelion

Aurelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:52 AM

When I discovered the PC for the very first time and it was back when it was super active and converted pets were actually valued.

#28 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

I remember getting my first painted pet (a Fire Lupe) way back when.

Was so happy and proud. I ran around my friend's house. We were both screaming out of joy lol

#29 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

Getting your first painted pet is pretty cool when you first start out yes.

The Mrs tries to once a month send out a random MP to newbies to help them with this.

#30 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

Oh man, let's see.

- Being 9 years old, my friend having just signed me up while she was over at my house. It was near Valentine's Day, and I remember there being cake involved.

- My mom becoming interested and eventually making her own account. We'd stay up all night together playing and talking Neopets. She would continue playing for the next 10 years, much like I did.

- Late nights when I was 13, putting my more important schoolwork aside to fulfill the insane amount of requests I'd receive for my graphics site that had exploded in popularity at the time. It was overwhelming to the point where it almost became a job in itself.

There's lots of other great memories, too. Man, this is making me all nostalgic. :( I miss when life was simple.

#31 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Finally trading for a Krawk petpet for my Krawk way back when Krawk stuff cost mega millions. She was a fairy Krawk and had a standard Krawk petpet.

#32 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

The Mrs tries to once a month send out a random MP to newbies to help them with this.

Oh man, that's actually a great idea! I may have to do this myself! It'll give me a reason to actually work hard on the site once more

#33 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

That is so nice to do that, I'm thinking I am going to start a guild for things like that. YAy inspiration!

#34 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

I joined with a bunch of college friends more than a decade ago. I played during class labs and used my school's super fast internet to catch money tree items (not that I ever made nps that way)

We were raunchy those days in our guild and on the boards, of course this was before the neopet demographics shifted to tweens.

#35 tentacleness

tentacleness
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:42 AM

I have really fond memories of an asian/animanga guild I joined a couple years ago. The graphics were beautiful (pretty sure the owner was a professional) along with really fun members I was proud to call my friends. Seriously the most fun I ever had on Neo before said owner went on a downwards spiral and shut it down.

Haven't found a guild like that since, now that most of them close in the first few months. Probably when I stopped enjoying myself as much too since the friends I made in there left the site :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users