• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

Guys, have you ever worn make up? Would you be open to wearing make up if it were more societally acceptable. Everyone can benefit from a lil mascara TBH! What's your beauty regimen? Do you use any special face washes? Aftershave? Etc? I don't really know a lot about guy beauty stuff, enlighten me.

Girls do you wear make up? If so, how often do you wear make up? What's your favorite? What kind of make up do you wear?

lately I've been make up free since its been like 90+ degrees and there's no point in wearing it if I'm just going to sweat it off. On my lazy days I'll wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick (if it's not matte get it out of my face). When I'm dedicated to flawlessness I'll wear primer, foundation, contour, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I tried to get into eyeshadow but my hooded lids told me bitch u r not Dr King, let that dream go. Now I'm attempting fake eyelashes but I'm so picky. I don't like the super dramatic ones because I have arachnaphobia and super thick fake looking eyelashes legitimately frighten me. I like the more natural looking ones but they're so hard to find because drama-lashes are clearly the trend rn. I ordered my second paid ever from Lena Lashes and I hear great things about them. My first pair were a paid of hot mess pink falsies I bought from a sex shop when I dressed up as Nicki Minaj.

So yeah. Talk about beauty (handsomeness???) shit here.

#2 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

I hardly ever wear makeup. I really only wear it for fancy occasions, and even then I'm conservative with it. Just powder foundation to take shine off my face, a tiny bit of eyeshadow, and a little mascara.

That being said, I'm a makeup n00b.

#3 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

My makeup routine is often very interupted by needy adorable toddlers, so i try to keep it simple. Besides that, i get bored if my makeup routine gets too long lol.

Every day i wear- a thin layer of foundation (to even out colors- i would use bb or cc cream if i had it), cream blush on my cheeks and under my eyes, concealor under my eyes and over blemishes, eyebrows!!!!!, eyeliner in the upper lash line and i finish it off with one coat of thickening mascara, a billion (relative) coats of lengthening mascara and some nude lip liner and lipstick (for funsies). I don't use any brushes in this routine.

On a "fancy" day I use a increase the amount of foundation and add contour and highlight, switch up my cream blush for a powder one. I will also add some nude eyeshadows. I never rock blacks and greys, they just don't suit me. In this routine, i use brushes for my contour, blush and eyeshadow. 

I lack a skin care routine. I cleanse my face with cetaphil and sometimes use an oil clease (olive oil, castor oil and frankinsence essential oil), and sugar scrub (olive oil and sugar). 

:)

#4 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

Guys, have you ever worn make up? Would you be open to wearing make up if it were more societally acceptable. Everyone can benefit from a lil mascara TBH! What's your beauty regimen? Do you use any special face washes? Aftershave? Etc? I don't really know a lot about guy beauty stuff, enlighten me.

I have not worn makeup nor would I even if it were socially acceptable. My morning routine is already long enough as is, I couldn't imagine adding 10 - 20 minutes applying makeup and then the extra time at the end of the day to remove it. Plus I know it should be for me and not for anyone else but it's not like I have anyone to impress right now anyways (that doesn't stop me from dressing well though :lol2: ). Of course I'd probably meet someone when I least expect it and I should always want look my "best". 

Most of the beauty products that I own I've gotten from subscription boxes although 90% of the time it's just body wash or shampoo. I use a moisturizer from Bread & Butter, Although I've been meaning to try Jack Black or Aesop as I've heard good things about them. 

To be honest I haven't really noticed a difference at all but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right? 

#5 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:44 AM

I wear makeup not very often - usually when I'm going out to dinner or something because I'm too lazy to take off at the end of every day. Usually, I wear primer, foundation, concealer, powder, eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. When I can be arsed, I'll wear eyeliner and do my eyebrows. I get most of my stuff from MAC (their lipsticks are amazing) and my brushes from Real Techniques.

#6 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

I wouldn't call it makeup, only added thing I do is Cologne. I trim my facial hair daily and I try my best to look on the top of my game at all times, for me alone. If I look at the top of my game, I feel at the top of my game, and that alone should impress anyone I'm trying to impress. Confidence breeds success, in every aspect of life.

That being said, on the opposite sex I find the natural look more appealing. That look when your partner wakes up in the morning before they've had a chance to get all done up, that's what I prefer. I was never a fan of lipstick or all the makeup hiding the natural beauty.

Edited by WarezHaxor, 16 August 2016 - 04:12 AM.

#7 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

I'm fairly certain that most of my friends haven't seen me without eyeliner since about 2004. That and a slightly tinted lip balm is about all I do on a day to day basis. Tiny bit of blusher if I'm looking sickly. I'm super super pale so foundation is fairly difficult to match against my skin, tend to use the palest Nars shade, Siberia, but being on/off tubes and the like in London isn't the best for keeping it on my face so I just take really good care of my skin instead. Red lipstick if it's a big occasion or I'm feeling harlot-y.

Also, suncream on my face at all times. Even in December in London.

I actually really love taking makeup off. It's strangely relaxing. Micellar water with a bit of oil in it feels lovely.

#8 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

I shave everyday because I can't grow a full beard, so it looks weird. Other than that I just use a different soap for my face.

Also, funny thing you mentioned mascara. I don't like how long my eyelashes are, I can't imagine how it would be if I used it :p

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:13 AM

I love makeuppppp! My normal "going out in public" regime is basically foundation & concealer, mascara, eyebrows.
For big events I go ham.

#10 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

I love makeup, too .. I just buy the cheap crap. I wear fake lashes almost every day. But in my field of work I have to look decent. I dress frumpy AF (it's who I am, I don't care) so I try to compensate by doing my makeup. I don't stick to any brands other than MAC eyelash glue cause that's a game changer.

As far as skin care .. I'm ridiculous and my home is littered with skin care shit. I use a tea tree wash in the morning, a vitamin E wash and lotion at night, and an array of masks throughout the week. All basically from The Body Shop. You name it and I have it.

#11 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

I adore makeup, but lately I've taken a much more simple approach to it and I think it's paying off. I wear zero makeup when I'm just doing errands - all I use is an moisturizer with sunblock in it. Keeps my skin soft and free of sun damage.

When I'm spending casual time with friends I do my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and add some of the Benefit Watt's Up highlight stick. This makeup combo gives me a really glowy, youthful appearance without it looking like I have makeup on at all.

If I'm going out (like to the bars or club-hopping) I'll either keep it natural and just add some eyeliner to my upper lashes, or I'll go all out. All out means concealer, finishing powder, blush, bronzer, winged eyeliner, minimal eyeshadow, perfect brows, mascara, and a ton of highlighter. Honestly, I rarely do this anymore. I just don't care enough lol. I subscribe to the less-is-more club nowadays

As far as my favorite products go, there's the ABH Brow Wiz, the L'Oreal cream eyeliner pot, the Nars Laguna bronzer, the Benefit highlighters, the BareMinerals transparent finishing powder, and Diorshow mascara. Note, nothing on that list is exactly inexpensive. I really do think if you're going to be wearing a lot of makeup, you should save up and buy a few high-end staples. They not only look better, but they're usually better for your skin/lashes/eyebrows/etc too. (I won't be buying the Diorshow mascara again, though. Much too expensive when I'm already happy with my natural lashes.)

My daily makeup routine takes about 2 minutes, and the full face routine would probably take about 15-20. I don't really pay attention to makeup trends and tutorials anymore, but for anyone just starting out with makeup, I'd highly recommend checking them out. These days I just play around with what I think suits me best, without worrying what the latest fad is. Makeup is all about YOU, not what Vogue says.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

Never worn make up and wouldn't even if it was 'societally acceptable' (what others do has never been something which has ever bothered me) because it's unnecessary for most people. All I ever use is after shave balm because shaving can be quite drying and Vaseline if I ever get chapped lips in winter. My dream is to one day regularly moisturise like a Swede, natch.

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Only way I'd ever wear makeup is if I'm crossplaying and really want to do the part well.

#14 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

I love makeup, too .. I just buy the cheap crap. I wear fake lashes almost every day. But in my field of work I have to look decent. I dress frumpy AF (it's who I am, I don't care) so I try to compensate by doing my makeup. I don't stick to any brands other than MAC eyelash glue cause that's a game changer.
As far as skin care .. I'm ridiculous and my home is littered with skin care shit. I use a tea tree wash in the morning, a vitamin E wash and lotion at night, and an array of masks throughout the week. All basically from The Body Shop. You name it and I have it.

That's the main reason I wear make up is because we all have to wear the same uniform shirt. I go all out with my make up cuz it's so tiring wearing the same damn shirt every day. I'll have to try out that lash glue. The lashes I bought didn't come with glue so I just bought some cheap shit from ELF.

I adore makeup, but lately I've taken a much more simple approach to it and I think it's paying off. I wear zero makeup when I'm just doing errands - all I use is an moisturizer with sunblock in it. Keeps my skin soft and free of sun damage.
When I'm spending casual time with friends I do my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and add some of the Benefit Watt's Up highlight stick. This makeup combo gives me a really glowy, youthful appearance without it looking like I have makeup on at all.
If I'm going out (like to the bars or club-hopping) I'll either keep it natural and just add some eyeliner to my upper lashes, or I'll go all out. All out means concealer, finishing powder, blush, bronzer, winged eyeliner, minimal eyeshadow, perfect brows, mascara, and a ton of highlighter. Honestly, I rarely do this anymore. I just don't care enough lol. I subscribe to the less-is-more club nowadays
As far as my favorite products go, there's the ABH Brow Wiz, the L'Oreal cream eyeliner pot, the Nars Laguna bronzer, the Benefit highlighters, the BareMinerals transparent finishing powder, and Diorshow mascara. Note, nothing on that list is exactly inexpensive. I really do think if you're going to be wearing a lot of makeup, you should save up and buy a few high-end staples. They not only look better, but they're usually better for your skin/lashes/eyebrows/etc too. (I won't be buying the Diorshow mascara again, though. Much too expensive when I'm already happy with my natural lashes.)
My daily makeup routine takes about 2 minutes, and the full face routine would probably take about 15-20. I don't really pay attention to makeup trends and tutorials anymore, but for anyone just starting out with makeup, I'd highly recommend checking them out. These days I just play around with what I think suits me best, without worrying what the latest fad is. Makeup is all about YOU, not what Vogue says.

The main thing I always splurge on is foundation. My skin is so sensitive and loves to break out in rashes and random reactions over the tiniest thing so I always make sure I buy a nice foundation that doesn't make my skin super oily. I had a BB cream that I really liked but I got too tan in the summer and now if I try to put it on I look like I'm dead. Plus I just dropped $60 on beauty Bakerie lipstick but it was so worth it cuz that shit is damn near bulletproof.

Only way I'd ever wear makeup is if I'm crossplaying and really want to do the part well.

I admire your dedication. Is crossplay the same thing as cosplay? I'd never do cosplay but I love watching other people do it. I follow cosplay blogs and pages on Facebook. That shit is fascinating.

#15 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

That's the main reason I wear make up is because we all have to wear the same uniform shirt. I go all out with my make up cuz it's so tiring wearing the same damn shirt every day. I'll have to try out that lash glue. The lashes I bought didn't come with glue so I just bought some cheap shit from ELF.

Yeah, that would be annoying. I think good makeup is all you need to look good, though. I don't care what I'm wearing as long as my makeup is on point. Honestly, the cheap drug store glue is shit. It's hard to put on and they fall off easily. It's like ten bucks for a big tube of it at MAC and it's soo worth it. And you can get it in white or black (it dries as black).

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

I admire your dedication. Is crossplay the same thing as cosplay? I'd never do cosplay but I love watching other people do it. I follow cosplay blogs and pages on Facebook. That shit is fascinating.

It is except you dress up as the other gender instead of your own.

#17 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

Real tempted to just post a photo of my makeup because listing it is a pain.

I wear far less makeup in the summer... my skin looks way better. 

Also trying to find a foundation shade that matches me is a real struggle. 

I can find the right colours but to have it match my undertones is a joke. :|

#18 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:47 AM

I only like to wear cruelty free makeup, and I'm poor, so lately I've been sticking to NYX, ELF, and Physcian's Formula.

On the daily I wear:
Illuminator
BB cream
Mascara

#19 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

I only like to wear cruelty free makeup, and I'm poor, so lately I've been sticking to NYX, ELF, and Physcian's Formula.

On the daily I wear:
Illuminator
BB cream
Mascara

How can you tell if make up isn't cruelty free? I've always wondered that. Like is there an org that keeps track?

#20 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Most of the time I can't be bothered to wear makeup. I'm not good at it, so people can't really tell when I'm wearing it anyway. When I do wear it, it's just mascara and BB cream, lipstick if I'm feeling pretty or I feel like I need to draw attention away from my eyes. Eyeshadow on holidays and eyeliner on dates.
The only effort I put into brands is making sure it's gluten free if it's going to be near my mouth and I like Rimmel for my eye stuff. I dated a guy in high school who wore mascara every day, and honestly, he looked better with it.

#21 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

I wore makeup a few times for halloween, oh and there was this one time that my sister painted my face.

#22 Rosy

Rosy
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

I love makeup and I have spent an ungodly amount on it. I'm always suckered into high end makeup and good packaging. I don't really fall for the Instagram hyped up stuff since I've been burned by hypes before.

I usually don't wear it unless I'm feeling extra fancy. But I always am playing with makeup haha. My work place doesn't care as much what makeup you wear but none of the other women wear as much makeup so I would be a little out of place if I came into work with my favorite sunset/red smoky eyes. I recently got Tom Ford Honeymoon and it is amazing....

I do enjoy tints and have been wearing berry/coral/red lip tints, lipsticks and glosses because I need some color in my life haha.

#23 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

How can you tell if make up isn't cruelty free? I've always wondered that. Like is there an org that keeps track?

There's Leaping Bunny certification. There's also a neat site called Cruelty Free Kitty that will actually call companies, and their suppliers, to make sure.

#24 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:01 PM

*obsessively lurks thread*

I've never bothered much about makeup growing up. It was against the rules to wear any in high school, and I just didn't care to wear makeup during university. In the working world, every other woman that I work with wears makeup, and it's really well done so I'm starting to feel awkward going around barefaced. I didn't have the greatest skin either (til a month ago!) since I never learnt how to care for it.

For facial skincare, I recently discovered the facial brush. I have the Olay ProX, and this thing is the best thing I have ever put on my face. Seriously. Washing my face with my hands just didn't cut it, but with the facial brush, the number of pimples I've had popping up has gone from around 20 to 2. It. Is. AMAZING. I swear, if you have oily skin, you're almost 30, and you're tired of looking like you're going through puberty, this is a godsend. I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleaner every day with the facial brush. I also use Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser at intervals because it's nice, and Benzoyl Peroxide soap during oily episodes.

I've tried mascara, but my eyes are weird. Eyeliner makes them look ridiculously small, and anytime I've used eyeliner or mascara, it smudges throughout the day and I end up with hideous racoon eyes. Waterproof mascara is fine, but I'm afraid that's a bit too harsh on my lashes. I use Maybelline's The Falsies Volum Express, but that scoop brush pisses me off. I'm definitely looking for suggestions for mascara. And really, I would like to make the peepers look bigger somehow. Maybe eyeshadow would work? A specific colour? The Neocodex Beauty Gurus will know! I don't do anything with the brows apart from shaping them from time to time. Nothing drastic, just yanking out a few errant eyebrow hairs here and there.

I have the cream foundation from The Body Shop, along with their concealer pencil, all-in-one base powder, and their compact powder. I rarely use any of them other than the cream foundation. I don't wear any makeup during breakouts - which was happening a lot the last few years. Hopefully I can go back to that now!

I need lipstick suggestions. I have no idea what I'm doing in that area at all. Do you need pencils? Do you put the pencil everywhere? I've seen people outline and I've seen people colour it all in. Help! I only use shimmery nude lipstick because I'm self-conscious about not doing it right. I would like to try a bolder colour some day though.. I've also tried Maybelline's Baby Lips tinted balms. Worst things I have EVER used! They are so ridiculously drying and not moisturizing in the least. Even normal Blistex seemed to be backfiring on me. Now I've converted back to Vaseline, and they sell it in these adorable tiny tubs too!

Melasma runs in my family, so I'm going to be slathering on the sunscreen from now on. Neutrogena made these greasy, GREASY sunscreens about 20 years ago when I first started using them. That shit used to make me extremely tanned, even more than when I wasn't wearing it at all. It wasn't blocking the sun, it was instead focusing it on me and turning me into a fried mess. I think that was for the sun worshippers who are sitting on the beach trying to get a tan. I stopped using it altogether, but now I'm seeing that they have a greaseless formula out which seems really good. SPF 45 and 100 and crazy number like that.

I sparingly use nail polish.. I go for Rimmel and LA Colors.. Rimmel is the best brand I have ever used, and LA Colors does a good job for their extremely cheap price. I've never used anything high end, so I have nothing to compare them against.

Damn this is long

TL;DR: I'm a newbie, spill your beauty secrets!

#25 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

I've never used makeup on myself... but that's not to say I haven't had it on me  :rolleyes: You know when you drunkenly agree to things you probably shouldn't? 

What I thought I looked like:

Spoiler

What I really looked like:

Spoiler

Edited by Dazz, 18 August 2016 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users