• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#26 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:03 AM

Good luck/ All the best to everyone participating!! 

I recommend the SHYE app. It is a place to post a photo (or sneak one of the internet) of your food so you can keep a visual track of the things you are eating in a day. It has helped me to identify weak moments in my days. 

Y'all are strong! Go team! :)

#27 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Hey guys, so far, I have changed my eating habits to much smaller, and when I feel hungry 15 minutes after, I tell myself I am not hungry... my body is just used to eating HUGE portions, and I need it to be ok with normal portions! I have also been walking a lot! Campus has helped with that. I am hoping my new smart watch comes in today so I can start counting my steps. I will post my steps as much as I can!

I hope everyone has fun with this and sees some awesome results. You guys got this!!!

Update: No smartwatch... USPS lied to me!

#28 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

I start every morning with just hot water & lemon before I drink or eat anything else ><

Apparently, that's a good way to awaken your body's metabolism rather than just going straight to caffeine or eggs or something.

#29 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Bathroom city with that lol. Lemon makes me tinkle a lot!

#30 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

Good luck/ All the best to everyone participating!! 

I recommend the SHYE app. It is a place to post a photo (or sneak one of the internet) of your food so you can keep a visual track of the things you are eating in a day. It has helped me to identify weak moments in my days. 

Y'all are strong! Go team! :)

Ohh, that's a great idea. Snacking is my biggest enemy. I don't always choose to eat the best snacks lol. 

Thanks for the support. <3

Hey guys, so far, I have changed my eating habits to much smaller, and when I feel hungry 15 minutes after, I tell myself I am not hungry... my body is just used to eating HUGE portions, and I need it to be ok with normal portions! I have also been walking a lot! Campus has helped with that. I am hoping my new smart watch comes in today so I can start counting my steps. I will post my steps as much as I can!

I hope everyone has fun with this and sees some awesome results. You guys got this!!!

Update: No smartwatch... USPS lied to me!

Portioning is definitely probably a huge factor for a lot of us. It doesn't help that a lot of American restaurants provide ungodly sized portions; reinforcing the idea that a bigger portion is typical. Not only that, but people are shamed for wasting food, but it's like, if you're not hungry don't eat it, y'know? I found actually measuring cups of food helped me learn to cut down how much I eat.  It's something I started doing last year. It helped me get my weight to plateau and helped me make sure I was actually eating decent portions of vegetables. 

Anyways, you can do this! You're gonna do great with all that walking at school. :)

I start every morning with just hot water & lemon before I drink or eat anything else ><

Apparently, that's a good way to awaken your body's metabolism rather than just going straight to caffeine or eggs or something.

Interesting. I have never heard of that. I usually don't eat in the first two hours of being awake because I'm never really hungry. I do drink lots of water when I wake up though.

#31 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

If you google the benefits of drinking warm water with lemon, lots of articles pop up...but the recurring theme is that it aids in digestion for the rest of the day. Which is essential for me, because my metabolism sucks. It's way too soon to see if it works, considering I just started doing this a couple days ago...but over the 12 weeks, let's see :)

#32 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yeah I drink lemon water because it helps cleanse the body as well... hence my needing to go to the bathroom a lot. I can't stand warm water though! So good luck to you on that! I hope it works wonders for you! :)

Portioning is definitely probably a huge factor for a lot of us. It doesn't help that a lot of American restaurants provide ungodly sized portions; reinforcing the idea that a bigger portion is typical. Not only that, but people are shamed for wasting food, but it's like, if you're not hungry don't eat it, y'know? I found actually measuring cups of food helped me learn to cut down how much I eat.  It's something I started doing last year. It helped me get my weight to plateau and helped me make sure I was actually eating decent portions of vegetables. 

Anyways, you can do this! You're gonna do great with all that walking at school. :)

@Coops Thank girl! Today didn't get so much walking in, storming all day! Crazy weather!

#33 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

I haven't made any progress :( But then this has been a nightmare week for me with school. Hopefully I can organize my time better in the upcoming weeks to get this show on the road!

Great job getting the party started, girls! I would drink lemon in water.. But my lemonade needs a heck of a lot of sugar, heh. I think the benefits would be canceled out :p I guess it's plain cold water for me :)

#34 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

Yay! That chart looks so fancy, well done. x3

I walked so much today on campus. I hurt so much lol. I hope I can manage this with my health. 

I need low-impact exercise ideas because I have a health restrictions (permanently) for high impact exercise. I have a decent routine with leg exercise. But my upper body shit is seriously lacking. I guess it's time to read up on upper body low-impact stuff. 

Resistance bands? Chair/desk exercises? Pushing on walls? I hate doing push ups, but wall push ups are more tolerable.

#35 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

I haven't made any progress :( But then this has been a nightmare week for me with school. Hopefully I can organize my time better in the upcoming weeks to get this show on the road!

Great job getting the party started, girls! I would drink lemon in water.. But my lemonade needs a heck of a lot of sugar, heh. I think the benefits would be canceled out :p I guess it's plain cold water for me :)

I got used to it after day 3 :p

I just pretended it was tea (Just thinking of drinking warm water makes me feel icky haha. It's definitely a mental block though, because once I called it lemon tea, it was a lot easier to drink)

#36 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Resistance bands? Chair/desk exercises? Pushing on walls? I hate doing push ups, but wall push ups are more tolerable.

Yeah I've done wall-push ups forever. I agree they are more tolerable. That's really the only upper body exercise I've done xD. I was reading resistance bands are pretty good. But then there is conflicting information about those for people who are hypermobile. I'll give 'em a try though. And I never thought to look up chair/desk exercises. Now I am and they are for like old people...lmao. Now I have a sad. :( But thank you for the tips. :)

#37 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Yeah I've done wall-push ups forever. I agree they are more tolerable. That's really the only upper body exercise I've done xD. I was reading resistance bands are pretty good. But then there is conflicting information about those for people who are hypermobile. I'll give 'em a try though. And I never thought to look up chair/desk exercises. Now I am and they are for like old people...lmao. Now I have a sad. :( But thank you for the tips. :)

Really? Flapping my arms around in a chair makes me feel like a bird.

Not a flying bird. Like a kiwi or something.

#38 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧ī¸đŸŒŠī¸đŸŒ§ī¸

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Really? Flapping my arms around in a chair makes me feel like a bird.

Not a flying bird. Like a kiwi or something.

I think it's because a lot of the videos I've seen now are of old people doing the exercises lmao. 

#39 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:04 PM

I think it's because a lot of the videos I've seen now are of old people doing the exercises lmao. 

Oh, yeah. I didn't think about that. The only videos I've watched for chair exercises are Coach Nicole's and she's so energetic I don't think of her as old.

I found this young, hip, trendy person too

#40 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

How is everyone doing in this? Are y'all feeling good? I know today I did a lot of walking!

14232428_657320047765634_732249911029341

14212205_657320067765632_462347799684236

#41 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

How is everyone doing in this? Are y'all feeling good? I know today I did a lot of walking!

14232428_657320047765634_732249911029341

14212205_657320067765632_462347799684236

What app is this?

#42 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

The app is called S Health, it comes preloaded on my Samsung Galaxy S6.

#43 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

The app is called S Health, it comes preloaded on my Samsung Galaxy S6.

Do you hold the phone in your hand or stick it in your pocket? I find it so uncomfortable to keep it in my pants pocket :( But I want it to track my steps!

#44 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:14 PM

I use S Health too !!!!! @Meowish (I have a Galaxy S7)

@Ladida - Usually most of my walking is done while my phone is in my crossbody purse, and it tracks everything just fine. It sucks that I can't really use it to track steps while working out though. I think keeping it in a pocket would be uncomfortable, and so would running with a purse :p

I've heard some people strap the phone to their arm or something? Or just get a FitBit xD

#45 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:01 AM

So I am going to be in Alabama this weekend, so I won't be home to weigh in... We are going to see my boyfriend's daughter! Can I weigh in a little later like no Monday?

#46 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

UPDATED WITH WEEK 1'S WEIGH-INS!

Everybody's going down, I love it :) 

hWBuHWD.png

Edited by Pryanka, 05 September 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#47 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:27 AM

*bumps*

Keep it up everyone!! :yahoo: Can't believe I didn't see this til now  :doh:

I use S Health too !!!!! @Meowish (I have a Galaxy S7)

@Ladida - Usually most of my walking is done while my phone is in my crossbody purse, and it tracks everything just fine. It sucks that I can't really use it to track steps while working out though. I think keeping it in a pocket would be uncomfortable, and so would running with a purse :p

I've heard some people strap the phone to their arm or something? Or just get a FitBit xD

I wish the FitBit would sync with S Health, I really like their app! I

#48 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

This was a tough week for me D: I ate out a lot, but I tried to opt for healthier things.

I barely had any time to work out though....unless running around shopping with your mom counts.

They're traveling to India at the end of this week so it's been hectic packing things and making sure there is a gift for everybody lol

REMINDER: WEIGH-INS TOMORROW!

#49 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

Right now, all I want is junk food! My boyfriend and the roomie bought $66 worth of junk food! I bough $20 worth of healthy stuff! Veggies, fruit, good dinners.... ugh! So hard!

#50 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

Right now, all I want is junk food! My boyfriend and the roomie bought $66 worth of junk food! I bough $20 worth of healthy stuff! Veggies, fruit, good dinners.... ugh! So hard!

I went to costco and didn't buy any of my usual things :(

It was so sad.

I have so much chicken breast and veggies in my house right now since that's primarily what I'm doing for dinners atm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users