Quantcast

Photo

Pancakes vs Waffles

merica food heathens

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Pancakes vs waffles (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Pancakes vs waffles

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many sides does a waffle have?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

Ah, yes, scotch pancakes!! But who listens to the scotch? Not me.

It gave me two different pics for drop scones, so what are those really?

#27 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

Google says yes.

e94e9189fb.png

Lemon and sugar is the acceptable pancake topping on pancake day and I'm not sure that works on american pancakes... @Waser Lave, please advise, you're so northern that you do things different

#28 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

Stroopwafels > pancakes > waffles erryday

stroopwafel-voor-boven-pagina.jpg
Stroopwafels are love, stroopwafels are life <3

What is this

#29 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

It gave me two different pics for drop scones, so what are those really?

I've never even heard of a drop scone. They look like a cross between a US pancake and a crumpet....maybe they're northern.

This is a scone.
MCD00063_500x356.jpg?1290523246
Scones are ace.

#30 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:50 PM

What is this

That is a pre-packaged snack that usually is served with coffee. You can buy them at international markets, sometimes Starbucks and some grocery stores. It's like two thin layers of waffley-type cookie with maple or caramel in the middle. 

https://www.walmart....7&wl13=&veh=sem

I've never even heard of a drop scone. They look like a cross between a US pancake and a crumpet....maybe they're northern.

This is a scone.
MCD00063_500x356.jpg?1290523246
Scones are ace.

Those look like our biscuits.

#31 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Those look like our biscuits.

I despair. That is nothing like a biscuit.

#32 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:29 PM

I despair. That is nothing like a biscuit.

American cookies are UK biscuits. :p

#33 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:11 PM

Waffles <3 because they're crunchy and pancakes are saggy.

I like it with chocolate and ice cream yums

Attached File  20160823_230226.png   769.38KB   0 downloads

#34 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

The freaking language barrier in this thread is hilarious. 

#35 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:41 PM

That is a pre-packaged snack that usually is served with coffee. You can buy them at international markets, sometimes Starbucks and some grocery stores. It's like two thin layers of waffley-type cookie with maple or caramel in the middle. 

This basically. Our Dutch legacy *wipes away proud patriotic tear*. They're best served warm, freshly baked enjoyed with a cup of hot coco.

Eating too much makes anyone hella nauseous though because they're extremely sugary.

#36 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:41 AM

Lemon and sugar is the acceptable pancake topping on pancake day and I'm not sure that works on american pancakes... @Waser Lave, please advise, you're so northern that you do things different

In the north we do everything, waffles, pancakes, drop scones and crepes (they're all essentially the same recipe but cooked in a different way, you could also throw Yorkshire pudding in there if you really wanted). :p Many people bastardise them with stupid toppings which aren't lemon and sugar and those people should be thoroughly shunned and possibly publicly flogged though I am partial to blueberry syrup on occasion but I usually save that for blueberry dumplings. As for drop scones, they're similar to the scotch pancakes you can buy in shops but not as sweet or light, essentially just small pancakes but cooked on a griddle (or girdle as they're called up here) which is a big heavy, flat pan rather than a regular frying pan. Pretty sure 'scone' is just Scottish for cake or something as in 'tattie scone' which is cooked in the same way, people from Scotland are weird.

#37 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

I LOOOVE waffles

my favourite part is licking the chocolate out of each little space :D

#38 Sella

Sella
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

Waffles are life!!!

#39 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:03 AM

Pancakes are life! But I am very VERY picky about where I get my pancakes from! IHOP is the one place that my pancakes are amazing and always please. I love double chocolate chip pancakes ( I wonder if I can eat them now... hmmmm... since baby doesn't like a lot of sweets). I do love blueberry pancakes as well. I love putting fresh fruit on my pancakes when I make them at home! Best way to eat them! My man is a waffle man. I don't like the hard outer crunch!

#40 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Round eggo waffles on a winter day, with a ton of butter and syrup. IM sorry pancakes you just don't have a chance against the crispy, golden yum num nummieness of a waffle. Go team waffles!

#41 tentacleness

tentacleness
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

Even though I love the feeling of a crunch, I have to go with pancakes! They're so fluffy and soft and delicious and I don't know if anyone here has seen that picture floating around of extremely fluffy and plump pancakes from a Japanese shop, but looking at that would make anyone a believer!

#42 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:49 AM

Pancakes ftw. Waffles dry out so easily, and are a pain in the rear end to eat. No matter what condiment you put on it, you always end up with 80% of said condiment on your face. But pancakes are so unfussy and cute and mushy and come in so many shapes and sizes. Crepes are more common here, and they basically are pancakes. But like, TO GO PANCAKES. 

#43 savethekings

savethekings
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:02 PM

Can't beat pancakes freshly made on the griddle while camping. that is life's great reward for good deeds in previous lives.

Sometimes, I like them cooked with just enough grease for just long enough that the outside is crispy but still fluffy in the middle.  

#44 Dorea

Dorea
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

I voted waffles, though I like the soft waffle type instead of the crunchy type. I think they're called liege Belgian waffles?

I find pancakes a little bit too doughy for my taste, but maybe I just haven't had the perfect pancakes yet. xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, food, heathens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users