• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

If you're an adult (as I am sure we have teens here), do you still engage in childish things? What do you consider childish? What part of your inner child do you desperately cling to? What about your childhood do you miss most?

I believe firmly in a balance of adult and childish things.  There is a time and place for both. I don't think childish things are necessarily immature either. I define immaturity as an inability to communicate healthily, empathize and consider situations calmly, logically and from other viewpoints. The world is a dark, shitty place. Sometimes we just need to sit back in our unicorn pyjamas and watch cartoons. 

#2 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

Oh, there should definitely be room for childish things. And I do plenty of them. It's mostly nagging other people lol.

Amongst the things are;

- making copious amounts of "Yo momma" and "That's what she said" jokes

- shoving my stinking feet in my friend's face (but he does it to me so it's total fair game)

- keeping my hand really close to my sister's face and shouting "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU"

- live voice dubbing cats when they're doing whatever

actually... I can't really think of many more childish things. WHICH MEANS IM ACTUALLY A GROWNUP

KNy_XR.gif

Hmm.. don't really have an absolute description for childish behaviour... I'd say generally speaking it's silly behaviour without a clear general purpose, but that description is highly flawed since it can apply to many "adult" behaviourial things as well.

#3 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:23 PM

Oh, there should definitely be room for childish things. And I do plenty of them. It's mostly nagging other people lol.

Amongst the things are;

- making copious amounts of "Yo momma" and "That's what she said" jokes

- shoving my stinking feet in my friend's face (but he does it to me so it's total fair game)

- keeping my hand really close to my sister's face and shouting "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU"

- live voice dubbing cats when they're doing whatever

actually... I can't really think of many more childish things. WHICH MEANS IM ACTUALLY A GROWNUP

KNy_XR.gif

Hmm.. don't really have an absolute description for childish behaviour... I'd say generally speaking it's silly behaviour without a clear general purpose, but that description is highly flawed since it can apply to many "adult" behaviourial things as well.

Haha oh my god. I dub my cats' actions too. And I talk to them in weird voices and call them jellybeans, booboos, shitwagons and whatnot.

I agree trying to define childish things is flawed. Mostly because everyone's childhood is different and includes different things. I had to grow up quick as fuck. I think that resulted in me being more carefree and 'childish' once I married and moved away. I finally had space to do things I didn't have the chance to do. For me, one of the things that I define as childish, is making a decision that probably is irresponsible. Specifically, I indulge and buy things I don't really need for myself, even when maybe I shouldn't, because when I was a kid I didn't even really get new clothes near as often as I should have, much less small luxuries that a lot of kids got. The sad thing is it wasn't because we couldn't afford clothes and stuff. Just that any time I needed shit my dad guilted me so much I eventually stopped asking for necessities and luxuries. It's really weird too because now my mom constantly sends random crap. I think she's trying to compensate for my childhood lol. She recently sent me a kit to make gummy candy.

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

No, I am 27 going on 40. Always been a bit old before time.

Although I still drink like a 15 year who can't handle their alcopops.

#5 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

I love Disney movies. I will be watching The Little Mermaid on my death bed.

#6 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

I like to embrace some "childish" behaviors. :p I like to sit all wonky on chairs, throw animated temper tantrums (for the sake a laugh), dance to any music anywhere. I also like to say "this is so boring" through my face and actions lol. I know it isn't the best way to behave, but it sure is fun. I squirm, frown, roll my head around, bounce a little. Having two small boys gives me plenty of opportunity to be silly.

Having said all of that, i don't default to childish behavior, i have to be in the mood for it and can usually discern when it is appropriate to "switch on". lol.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

Of course I still engage in childish things. I love watching kid movies, playing games, and harassing my brother for fun. XD

Plus I think retaining some "childishness" helps you connect with other children. How are kids supposed to connect with boring adults. :p

#8 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

I am a child at heart. I love Neopets for goodness sake! I miss everything from my childhood, in the 90's! I mean we had so many cool things! http://www.neocodex....e-love-the-90s/ I mean come on, just check out this thread and look at all the cool things we had as children of the 90s!

I am always a goof off and wear tiaras and rhinestone cat ears. I wear my hair in crazy do's that you just don't see on "adults" I love to run outside and just be a kid, hoola hoops, jump roping, skip-it, I love playing board games like Clue, Guess Who, and Monopoly! I still watch tv shows that were meant for younger ages like degrassi or gossip girl! I may be 30 but I act like I am 15 still. I even have school girl crushes on certain guys and girls!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users