My adventures with sewage surfer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

As some of you know, I've been looking for a sewage surfer APer for quite a while. I've looked high, low, on google, on other cheating sites, here, everywhere, nowhere, in the box, outside of the box, etc etc.

Finally, I found one, the holy grail! The last sewage surfer auto player in the world. It was from 2014, but I was desperate, what can I say? So I load it up (an exe on an obscure cheating site that I had never heard of) and type in my neopets account information. I'm immediately shocked that there are only two buttons, no GUI, and no log (neocodex cheats have spoiled me). But for a few minutes, it seems to work great!

Then I realize that it's stuck adding a piece, but I can't really tell because it usually says adding piece when it's working, too. So I give it a couple of hours, but alas I'm still the same level. But I had gained a few before it stopped working, so now I'm up to about level 6. Not bad - at least I didn't have to work for it!

So then I continue to use the auto player, but I have to click a button to start it up again about every 30 seconds. No problem, though - STILL better than playing that wretched game! As I start to reach level 49, I wonder if I should stop the bot and play manually, because I don't entirely trust this bot to even reset at 50 at this point, even though I've got a box checked to get the avatar. But nope, laziness prevailed and I let it run to 50.

To my surprise, it actually DID reset! Hooray! Well, I didn't get a notice that I received the avatar, but there's no log so that's not surprising, right? So I logged into Neopets manually, went to avatar preferences, and scrolled to the bottom. No avatar! Now I've got a level 4 sewage surfer game (actually lower than I had to begin with) and no avatar.

tl;dr went on a search for the holy grail, wound up losing my coffee mug 

#2 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

If I remember correctly, I think Zombians had a Sewage Surfer APer. Was it that one you used?

Nah, I found one on a much lesser known forum, starts with "Game".

I tried to get the Zombians one, but the link redirects to neocodex and then gives me an error. Do you happen to have a copy of it still?

#3 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Yeah I remember Zombians had one, but I think it's gone now. I actually enjoy getting this avatar tbh XD

#4 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Nope, I didn't even know what Sewage Surfer was at the time :( Zombians is 100% defunct now though, so I doubt that the program would work anyways.

The program might have still worked, most (all?) of the programs on ZB didn't use any form of authorization. You didn't need to log into a Zombians account to use them. Not sure if any of the old ZB admins might still have access to the programs though. Maybe @Violent_J does?

#5 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:40 AM

Ugh, you have GOT to be kidding me. I just used the Wayback Machine to view the old Zombians thread for sewage surfer: https://web.archive....fer-autoplayer/

It turns out that the sewage surfer APer IS the supposed gamerzfury auto player that I'm complaining about, and people on Zombians had been complaining about the exact same issues that I mentioned. I should just give up on ever finding a Sewage Surfer Auto player, shouldn't I?  :unsure:

#6 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:04 AM

Man I miss Zombians...

Anyway, you can try to stop the program at level 49 and manually play it and quit. Still better than actually playing the whole game (if you don't like it).

#7 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Ugh, you have GOT to be kidding me. I just used the Wayback Machine to view the old Zombians thread for sewage surfer: https://web.archive....fer-autoplayer/

It turns out that the sewage surfer APer IS the supposed gamerzfury auto player that I'm complaining about, and people on Zombians had been complaining about the exact same issues that I mentioned. I should just give up on ever finding a Sewage Surfer Auto player, shouldn't I? :unsure:

Oh man, you're using the gamerzfury one? Yeah I'm pretty sure he stole a lot of his programs from other places. Including from us. He never received permission to upload our programs on his forum as far as I know, and he was trying to poach members nonstop near the end of Zombians' time. ...he even tried to poach me, so I banned him every time I saw a multi that looked like him. Good times. One of the few banned members I actually have somewhat a personal vendetta against.

#8 Violent_J

Violent_J
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

I don't think Swar and I would have a problem giving the staff here sources/programs here if needed. They are much better programmers than us (I always called myself a compiler lol) so I feel the most it'll accomplish is give them a good laugh.

Unless they want to see an interesting way to do mystery pic. Swar said it does it in a half second.

#9 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

I don't think Swar and I would have a problem giving the staff here sources/programs here if needed. They are much better programmers than us (I always called myself a compiler lol) so I feel the most it'll accomplish is give them a good laugh.

Unless they want to see an interesting way to do mystery pic. Swar said it does it in a half second.

Woah wait, is that an open offer on the mystery pic software, Justin ol' buddy ol' pal? :p I made my own program for mpic from scratch like a year ago, but mine usually takes 5-30 seconds to find an answer. That's crazy there's one that'll do it in under a second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users