Quantcast

Photo

Zoinks! NFL player doesn't stand for National Anthem!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:09 PM

Why would a civilian need a gun ffs?

#52 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

Is there any other country who had such lax gun laws and then made them really strict? I am kind of curious about what would happen.

One for safety, one for food, and one for practice.

#53 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

US must be one of the safest countries, I live in a third world country and I don't even need a gun to feel safe. I eat everyday and I don't own a gun.

I take it you don't practice either lol
Oh damnit, I think I accidentally deleted your comment @HiMyNameIsNick I'm not used to my phone. I'm not going to quote anyone anymore. I'm sorry.

#54 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

I take it you don't practice either lol

Nope lol

It's ok :) no worries

Edited by HiMyNameIsNick, 03 September 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#55 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

Is there any other country who had such lax gun laws and then made them really strict? I am kind of curious about what would happen.
One for safety, one for food, and one for practice.

I'm not sure if the gun laws were lax but they did ban guns after a mass shooting in Australia and it helped.

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

@Mishelle I saw that too, but I have no idea what they were like before. I'll look into it tomorrow. I would assume they had some guns like in the outback and stuff, farm guns.

#57 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

@Mishelle I saw that too, but I have no idea what they were like before. I'll look into it tomorrow. I would assume they had some guns like in the outback and stuff, farm guns.

I feel like I'd need a gun in Australia just for those damn spiders

#58 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

The old white woman who took one look at me when I stood behind her in line and moved her purse from behind her to in front of her didn't particularly strike me as Lil Wayne fan. All the couples who stared at me like an alien when I was in Coronado didn't give me the vibe that they listened to Futures new mixtape. Which is fine, it wasn't that good anyway. I wonder what all those white people who moved out of Inglewood when people like my grandma moved in were listening to. It probably wasn't Hip Hip, cuz it wasn't invented yet. If you don't like the word that's fine. A lot of people don't. But to blame a single word for something that's been going on for literal centuries is some of the more privileged and oblivious BS I've heard in a while.

You're so caught up in attempting to get me to understand my white privilege, and proving to me that I'm racist, that you're completely missing the point. Maybe I take more offense to the N word than I should? Am I reading too deep into the meaning of the word? Am I associating, too closely, the word "n--er" with "n--ga"? I am in no way shape or form saying that word is the cause of the racism itself, what I've been trying to convey is that it's not helping anything in terms of equality, and driving racism out of society.

#59 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

You're so caught up in attempting to get me to understand my white privilege, and proving to me that I'm racist, that you're completely missing the point. Maybe I take more offense to the N word than I should? Am I reading too deep into the meaning of the word? Am I associating, too closely, the word "n--er" with "n--ga"? I am in no way shape or form saying that word is the cause of the racism itself, what I've been trying to convey is that it's not helping anything in terms of equality, and driving racism out of society.

No you're so caught up with being perceived as racist you're not listening to what I'm telling you. Which is textbook white fragility (http://libjournal.un...iewFile/249/116). I'm telling you that Black people using the term literally does not inhance or lessen the racism that they already deal with and have dealt with for years. Oprah was a part of the symbolic burial of the n word, did that stop a store from assuming she didn't have enough money to shop there? No. Painting all Black as a monolith is racist. Implying that words one Black person says affects how another Black person gets treated is racist. And even if what you were saying were true the word shouldn't have any impact at all on people projecting racist stereotypes upon all of us. That's racism! Women have had the SlutWalk for years now. It actually amplified conversations about women's sexuality and slutshaming. We're not a monolith. Not all Black people even fucking listen to Hip Hop.

I don't understand how you don't understand that implying that the words a handful of rappers say affecting how damn near 40 million of us get treated doesn't make any logical sense.

#60 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

Bears. Moose. Other wildlife. Food as @Jess mentioned. Most of native populations in Alaska still hunt their food - be it fishing, killing moose or bears, and smaller game. Entertainment. All valid reasons even if I might not partake. I do believe in education and regulation, like mandatory gun safety and proficiency exams, and registration of firearms. As well as closure of gun show loop holes and online firearm sales that don't require background checks.

#61 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

@Mishelle best I can tell, the most recent few gun law restrictions in au were done with tighter measures than we have already in place. (They've had country wide regulations since the 90s instead of individual state ones) It seems like doing the widespread standards with a buyback program is what's made the biggest effect on their gun violence, and the 90s laws aren't anything I would consider unreasonable. It's probably too soon to tell if what they did last year makes any difference yet.

#62 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

gettyimages-603553684.jpg?w=575&quality=

Peter-Cvjetanovic.jpg

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I just wanted to say this: These two people attended the same University. One is currently unemployed while the other remains enrolled  and employed at and by the University. The people who have a problem with the protesting done in the first picture but are ok with the protesting done in the 2nd blow my mind. Having said that, I understand that 1st amendment protects you from the government (ie a public university) but not the private sector (such as a football team). Also, I don't really agree with the whole "kneeling during the anthem" thing, but I sure as hell am not overly offended by it. And he (Kaepernick) has spent countless hours and donated tons of money to help the cause that he believes is a big issue. The other dude bought a tiki torch and hates non-white people.

I dont know what else I wanted to say here. I just found it interesting. Also, I didn't use spoilers cuz I wanted the dichotomy to persist.

ps. don't come here saying he is a shitty QB, bc he had 16 TDs to 4 INTs last year, and was the highest rated rushing QB of any qualified QB in the league--with the niners non-existent O-line and no receiving threats.

#63 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Judging by what happened with the NBA, if NFL ever plays preseason games in China, no player would be kneeling during the Chinese anthem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users